Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Whats wrong with this complete kit?

on_ice

wait do they have neutral white? they told me they had 6000k (aka cool white)

Those are cool white color temp, but they told me they can provide 3500-14000K leds for the white, they send me the datasheet for the blue led it is BXCB4545452-E1-z, but they might be able to get different spectrum blue leds.

Blue led Datasheet

This is the build i'm planing, for 1:2 fixture is a little weird to set the leds, i haven't found any other good way to do it than this, from to to bottom row 1,3,5 are royal blue each string have 18 leds, row 2,4 are neutral white, i'm gonna get the 90 leds kit but i'm only gonna use 82 in the fixture, and the rest will be my moon light, that are those leds between the whites, leds will be mounted on a 1.5" aluminum square angular and i'll put some nuts between each angular to help keep it cool, what do you think about this fixture:

leds.jpg

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I changed the "bright" picture on mine to be more accurate in terms of brightness.

The original picture was waaay dark, I had to brighten it 60%. I still can't get the color quite right, I will have to get out the good camera probably. It really is a big improvement though in my opinion.

The heatsink after almost 2 hours is barely warm to the touch. The driver is warm, but not hot. It's not even uncomfortable to touch at all.

Really waiting on some PAR levels to decide if I wanna order these. They look sweet in your pics Leslie. Here's hoping the output on them can compare to how good they look.

Just be sure to acclimate your corals to the light. I've read a lot about people cooking their corals, including myself. :( It was a sad day, but lesson learned. FYI, if you care, I have a maxspect 170 over a 40 breeder, and it is now hanging at about 14 inches above the tank. Any lower and sps starts to get nuked, zoas close and refuse to open, favias turn to skeleton extremely fast. Here's an example.

Meteor Shower - This was the first to start dying, so this was my gauge for how high to hang the light. You can see where the tissue had receded and turned to skeleton.

IMG_20101225_132553.jpg

Meteor Shower - Current pic. 9 months after the roasting. It's now spreading across the sandbed.

IMG_6724.jpg

I changed the "bright" picture on mine to be more accurate in terms of brightness.

The original picture was waaay dark, I had to brighten it 60%. I still can't get the color quite right, I will have to get out the good camera probably. It really is a big improvement though in my opinion.

The heatsink after almost 2 hours is barely warm to the touch. The driver is warm, but not hot. It's not even uncomfortable to touch at all.

To keep the driver warm - just turn it down just a smidge - if its not on 100% its not hardly warm - my white LED driver is actually cold! my blue one is maybe 80 - i can get a temp readout if need be

I would be more then willing to borrow someone's PAR meter to measure these for the sake of everyone - I know they are super expensive so it would be a far stretch.

To keep the driver warm - just turn it down just a smidge - if its not on 100% its not hardly warm - my white LED driver is actually cold! my blue one is maybe 80 - i can get a temp readout if need be

I would be more then willing to borrow someone's PAR meter to measure these for the sake of everyone - I know they are super expensive so it would be a far stretch.

It's warm, not hot, nothing to worry about. My monitors and laptops run hotter.

I put a full build and breakdown of the kit in my personal thread (in my signature).

Color corrected FTS. Not perfect, but darn close to the color.

img20110816193733fixed4.jpg

Do you guys think the 20 LEDs will be enough for my 30'' 20 gallon long tank ? Or should I just go with the 24 LEDs? Im only thinking to get the 20 cuz its $25 cheaper just for 4 LEDs . I just want some anemones, polyps, colorful corals but would like to be equipped if I decide to get SPS later

Do you guys think the 20 LEDs will be enough for my 30'' 20 gallon long tank ? Or should I just go with the 24 LEDs? Im only thinking to get the 20 cuz its $25 cheaper just for 4 LEDs . I just want some anemones, polyps, colorful corals but would like to be equipped if I decide to get SPS later

You have two options...

Buy the cheap one and add more later, at more expense, or buy the more expensive and if you don;t need them all, save them as spares.

Personally, I would spend the extra $25. Waiting for parts isn't one of my strong points and I would rather have it there to layout at the time. $25 isn't really much in this hobby, really.

You have two options...

Buy the cheap one and add more later, at more expense, or buy the more expensive and if you don;t need them all, save them as spares.

Personally, I would spend the extra $25. Waiting for parts isn't one of my strong points and I would rather have it there to layout at the time. $25 isn't really much in this hobby, really.

Yeah thats the better decision to make since I can even dim them if its too much... everything definetly adds up but like most I keep no record of my total expense on this hobby :lol:

DreTheReefer

So I wanted to give these a try before I use them on my 20L. So I set up a fluval edge ordered the edge heatsink from nanotuners and am waiting for ray to quote me on a custom dimmable setup. Can't wait to have this setup in my barber shop.

Just ordered my 24 LED 50/50 so hope to get them on soon and I will def. post pics *fingers crossed*

Speaking of, did you guys watch your tracking on that Hong Kong Post site? Mine has been on United States "in transit" for 5 days.

Speaking of, did you guys watch your tracking on that Hong Kong Post site? Mine has been on United States "in transit" for 5 days.

sounds weird - mine was at my house in 4 days - yours may be held up from customs - it can happen sometimes when transferring things - people in customs like to be lazy as can be

sounds weird - mine was at my house in 4 days - yours may be held up from customs - it can happen sometimes when transferring things - people in customs like to be lazy as can be

I think it passed that because it said pending customs inspection and the next entry said in transit. Both for the US.

Go to usps.com and input the Hong Kong Post tracking number, you will likely get more information.

The Hong Kong Post relies on USPS to track once it gets here and they don't go into detail.

Go to usps.com and input the Hong Kong Post tracking number, you will likely get more information.

The Hong Kong Post relies on USPS to track once it gets here and they don't go into detail.

Ahh, thanks! That was the ticket.

If anybody is curious as to how long their shipment will take. Here it is. I am in Pennsylvania, so I think I will probably get this tomorrow.

Priority Mail International Parcels

Processed through Sort Facility

August 22, 2011, 11:24 am

BETHPAGE, NY 11714

International Parcels

Inbound Out of Customs

August 18, 2011, 2:01 pm

Inbound Into Customs

Processed Through Sort Facility

August 18, 2011, 1:54 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

August 17, 2011, 5:10 pm

HONG KONG, HONG KONG

August 17, 2011, 3:26 pm

HONG KONG, HONG KONG

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Acceptance

August 16, 2011, 5:00 pm

HONG KONG

Ridiculous! So the package arrived at my local post office today. They attempted to deliver it and it has a signature required delivery confirmation. I hate that crap! Most people are working during the day. How do they expect you to be home to sign? I scheduled a pickup at the post office tomorrow. Ridiculous! I wish I could get a permanent waiver for that.

@bjbass yeah but what if they left it in front of your door but someone walked off with it? Personally I would rather pick it up when its something pricey then take the chance. I ordered mine Monday and they seem to be out of stock on the heatsink for my 24 LED setup I ordered. Thinking if I should just cancel it and pick up a great T5 fixture some people on here are selling. Post pics when you get it and put it over the tank!

they now also offer meanwell drivers at $33

They'll substitute the meanwell's into their kits for the price difference between the two. My concern is that subbing the meanwell's brought my price up to the $180 range I think plus shipping. For $225 I just ordered the rapidled kit MADE to fit into my BC and with the current gold standard in LED's.

These appear to be decent kits for the money though if dimming with a controller isn't a necessity.

Those are cool white color temp, but they told me they can provide 3500-14000K leds for the white, they send me the datasheet for the blue led it is BXCB4545452-E1-z, but they might be able to get different spectrum blue leds.

Blue led Datasheet

This is the build i'm planing, for 1:2 fixture is a little weird to set the leds, i haven't found any other good way to do it than this, from to to bottom row 1,3,5 are royal blue each string have 18 leds, row 2,4 are neutral white, i'm gonna get the 90 leds kit but i'm only gonna use 82 in the fixture, and the rest will be my moon light, that are those leds between the whites, leds will be mounted on a 1.5" aluminum square angular and i'll put some nuts between each angular to help keep it cool, what do you think about this fixture:

leds.jpg

I'd like to know more about the Neutral white option if it's available and If you have pics of the light setup over a tank.

I'd like to know more about the Neutral white option if it's available and If you have pics of the light setup over a tank.

I am trading emails with Ray right now and they are apparently out of the dimmable drivers but will substitute the meanwell's as stated above. The NW LED's are supposed to be there September 2 but no other info on them.

I am trading emails with Ray right now and they are apparently out of the dimmable drivers but will substitute the meanwell's as stated above. The NW LED's are supposed to be there September 2 but no other info on them.

Oh, so they are getting those in. Nice, let us know when you order and what you think. I'm thinking about ordering a kit from them but only if there are Neutral whites involved.

Archived