Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Whats wrong with this complete kit?

on_ice

It seems that the Aquastyle website no longer exists. It was there yesterday, but it is gone today. Let me know if anyone finds this to be different.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems that the Aquastyle website no longer exists. It was there yesterday, but it is gone today. Let me know if anyone finds this to be different.

It was up until about 10 minutes ago - just checked order status - could be an update on the server. / dns issue edit (its back up now)

I commend you for posting your build in here - > I'm confused as to how you can say those LED's are comparable to the ones offered in these kits without seeing the performance from them?

Here is my projected pattern for my wires

IMAG0114.jpg

It was up until about 10 minutes ago - just checked order status - could be an update on the server. / dns issue edit (its back up now)

I commend you for posting your build in here - > I'm confused as to how you can say those LED's are comparable to the ones offered in these kits without seeing the performance from them?

Here is my projected pattern for my wires

IMAG0114.jpg

If the LEDs offered from are Bridglux the spex seem to be almost identical. This is no just according to me either. I am writing this on my iPhone but if I remember later I will try to post comparisons for the two. You can do searches and see throughout the Internet that the Bridgelux and SatisLEDs are nearly identical. As I said before they are not awfull LEDs but they are not near as efficient as the Crees.

lpsouth1978, I'd like to hear your comparison between the apparent brightness of just the royal blue LEDs(Bridglelux compared to Cree). Do you see a significant difference at the same power?

lpsouth1978, I'd like to hear your comparison between the apparent brightness of just the royal blue LEDs(Bridglelux compared to Cree). Do you see a significant difference at the same power?

I am actually going to try and get one of each and test the par levels. It may be a little while, but I will post the results.

ehh haters are going to hate on it - if its not your thing then just stay out of it, not everyone in the industry is looking for the most expensive or the best of the best -

I just picked up a new soldering Iron, some more tin and a project box (to house the variable knobs)

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2062279

~20 bucks -> mostly the solder and soldering iron

I have one somewhere, for 10 dollars it is not worth digging through the piles of junk we have with 3 moves going on at once

ehh haters are going to hate on it - if its not your thing then just stay out of it, not everyone in the industry is looking for the most expensive or the best of the best

Not hating, just stating my experience and opinions. As I stated before, these are not awfull LED's and they certainly are enough to sustain our tanks. Only time will tell if these will actually save money in the long run. In my situation, I don't think they will save much, though I still think that LED's (from almost any manufacturer) are worth switching to. Just my $0.02.

kamikaze_fish

There was a writing on the wall of a shed... "Penis".... I opened the door but to my surprise I found firewood.

Why would you open that door...?

This :huh:

Also...people please STFU about who said what and how they were right/wrong. We'll all be better off knowing if the kit is worth a #### instead of knowing that someone's perception of something insignificant isn't 100% accurate.

Well I broke down and ordered. I bought a BC14 custom heatsink from nanotuners.com which has already shipped. I also purchased the 15 LED dimmable kit from aquastylesonline.com. Ray was very helpful and he said he would even throw a free fan in. I got a custom price from him since I didn't want a heatsink. He knocked off $10 and brought it down to $60. Then the shipping to PA was $25. I am pretty happy. I went with 7 white and 7 blue.

BJ

Well I broke down and ordered. I bought a BC14 custom heatsink from nanotuners.com which has already shipped. I also purchased the 15 LED dimmable kit from aquastylesonline.com. Ray was very helpful and he said he would even throw a free fan in. I got a custom price from him since I didn't want a heatsink. He knocked off $10 and brought it down to $60. Then the shipping to PA was $25. I am pretty happy. I went with 7 white and 7 blue.

BJ

where in pa are you located?? Glad your going to give it a try :) - Its worth a shot

where in pa are you located?? Glad your going to give it a try :) - Its worth a shot

I am in Lewisburg. I see you are in Scranton. Awesome!!

Hey there is place down here in Bloomsburg that I tried to go to today called "Beyond the Reef". I should have called because they are closed this weekend for vacation, but I went to Danville to get my hair cut anyway. I work in Danville as well, so I can stop after work on a Friday because they are only opened Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I have heard from a friend of mine though that this place is supposed to be awesome!

www.beyondthereefinc.com

Looks like they have supplies and livestock. I am going to get my perc from there and all of my coral, sand, etc

BJ

My lights cleared customs and are on the way, I expect them to arrive Tues or Wed.

They have been awesome.

I paid on Fri. Night, they built it the 8th., shipped the 9th, and cleared customs today (the 13th). Like I said, I expect them early to mid next week since I'm in the midwest.

I'll get some pics and impressions and such for my tank thread and have them put together and running asap. It will probably be next week before I integrate them into the tank though as I'm going out of town next weekend and I have things to do before I go.

I have a few ideas I would like to try before I commit to a layout and I don't want to rush it. These little tanks are so beautiful and I would prefer not to mess up the aesthetics (or at least as little as possible). I'll try and document what I do as well for others.

My lights cleared customs and are on the way, I expect them to arrive Tues or Wed.

They have been awesome.

I paid on Fri. Night, they built it the 8th., shipped the 9th, and cleared customs today (the 13th). Like I said, I expect them early to mid next week since I'm in the midwest.

I'll get some pics and impressions and such for my tank thread and have them put together and running asap. It will probably be next week before I integrate them into the tank though as I'm going out of town next weekend and I have things to do before I go.

I have a few ideas I would like to try before I commit to a layout and I don't want to rush it. These little tanks are so beautiful and I would prefer not to mess up the aesthetics (or at least as little as possible). I'll try and document what I do as well for others.

So you got a kit from Aqua Styles I assuming? Which one did you get? What are you putting it in?

So you got a kit from Aqua Styles I assuming? Which one did you get? What are you putting it in?

It's a custom 7led (4 white,3 blue) with dimmer for a Fluval Edge 6Gal.

Wow My kit is out for delivery today.. shipped on the Aug 12 from honk kong, and its out for delivery in PA.. wth!! Thats excellent

I didnt go though the entire thread yet BUT coudl you switch the led's out some something better like the higer end CREE led's and maybe either upgrade the ballast or drivers or anything of that nature??

I am gonna order this setup as is and will eventually change to the cree led's and was curious what i would need in addition to just the led's and star boards to have a REALLY nice setup

OR would what comes with tis kit be PLENTY of light for a 10 gallon refugium with about half of the tank dedicated to growing chaeto and other things as the other parts of the fuge is just gonna have live rock on the side where the water dumps in and then I will have a bubble trap on the opposite side of the fuge where all my sand,live rock and chaeto are growing??

PLEASE tell my this will work

And if I do decide to go with cree led's that all I would need to change is the led's themselves??

Thanks again

Mike G

I didnt go though the entire thread yet BUT coudl you switch the led's out some something better like the higer end CREE led's and maybe either upgrade the ballast or drivers or anything of that nature??

I am gonna order this setup as is and will eventually change to the cree led's and was curious what i would need in addition to just the led's and star boards to have a REALLY nice setup

OR would what comes with tis kit be PLENTY of light for a 10 gallon refugium with about half of the tank dedicated to growing chaeto and other things as the other parts of the fuge is just gonna have live rock on the side where the water dumps in and then I will have a bubble trap on the opposite side of the fuge where all my sand,live rock and chaeto are growing??

PLEASE tell my this will work

And if I do decide to go with cree led's that all I would need to change is the led's themselves??

Thanks again

Mike G

I'm just going to assume if your going to the CREE system, you will want to replace everything but the heat sink(s) in this case. Probably keep this kit as a backup, or sell it

Would someone who either has the kit or is getting one please check what signal the pots are sending to the drivers. I'm hoping it's a 0-10v so a controller can be used with these lights.

Thanks!

Would someone who either has the kit or is getting one please check what signal the pots are sending to the drivers. I'm hoping it's a 0-10v so a controller can be used with these lights.

Thanks!

I'm going to have a complete write up on these kits!

I'm going to have a complete write up on these kits!

My kit came in a few days ago, awesome customer service. If only Nanotuners was a little bit faster with shipping I could have this all together. The kit made it from china however I still haven't seen my heatsink which I ordered the same day. :angry:

Archived