Cultivated Reef

hardly do water changes and everything ok

rolinroc

I have to some what agree with rolin I went 5 months without changing my chemipure I did do water changes about once a month and my corals were happy as a lark as soon as I changed my chemipure my zoanthids were pissed they stayed closed for 3 weeks they are now starting to open their eyes. So maybe less is better. JMO ;)

ive only done 2 in the last six months and everything is growing fine and dandy less is moree lol

ive only done 2 in the last six months and everything is growing fine and dandy less is moree lol

im not sayin to use tap water but it does work and shouldnt sacre away newbies because they have to buy a ro or ther expensive equipmwnt you can jump into the hobby with tap water and there are ways to ensure avery successful hobby without all the high tech gadgets :P

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

W'all just got TROLL'D. :lol:

I love trolls. :wub:

:lol:

Stop replying with a single emoticon. There's no way to respond to that.

splinter492

I re-use my toilet water for my water changes and everything looks great!!! :happy:

Saving the planet one flush at a time...

ThePhilosopher

OP has enlightened me. I am now a changed man.

On a more serious note, if you're going to contest the norms in any established hobby, please have the decency to at least justify your radical claims.

Post a few pictures of what your tank looks like now and a few water parameters, such as nitrates and ammonia, and I might perhaps bother to think over what you just said.

I just want to say, as a newbie with a lot to learn, these threads get confusing. While some sarcasm is obvious, not every joke is. I look to the beginners forum (which is where we are) for helpful, useful information. I wish I didn't have to wade through so much BS so frequently. Thanks for letting me vent.

I just want to say, as a newbie with a lot to learn, these threads get confusing. While some sarcasm is obvious, not every joke is. I look to the beginners forum (which is where we are) for helpful, useful information. I wish I didn't have to wade through so much BS so frequently. Thanks for letting me vent.

I agree. Any posts in this forum should be moderated a bit more than the others. As a newb, its sometimes difficult enough to follow along a "serious" thread. It can be quite confusing as you say to try to wade thru a thread full of silliness or sarcasm.

If the thread is of no benefit to the beginner then it should be moved to the Lounge and let them have at it.

BTW, I live in NYC and the TDS is pretty low ... I think about 63 last time I checked with my meter. But I still run a RO/DI since I have old copper/lead piping in my house.

Just got to say every tank is different and is going to need different things. I have always done my bi weekly water changes. I have 2 tank both mixed reefs. No major problems in the 2 years they been up. A friend of mine has a 280 gal mixed reef. Stared out doing them the first month then stopped for 4. Every time i talked to him he would say how his tank is doing so good things are growing looking good. Then one day I was talking to him and he had a crash. He is not trying to save what coral made it and trying to get his water back to where it needs to be. Just saying do what you want just wanted to let you know what happened to a friends tank.

Archived