Cultivated Reef

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

Hey suckahface.... are you running an ato on this tank?

I have a spare float switch that came with my JBJ ato.

You want the switch?

You could rig up a diy ato.... Lemme know. :D

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordering the lights this Friday! http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php...dd9l0r5r43hp0m5

Tomorrow and tonight I'm making a Marine Depot list that I can order the rest of the things I need from.

Hey suckahface.... are you running an ato on this tank?

I have a spare float switch that came with my JBJ ato.

You want the switch?

You could rig up a diy ato.... Lemme know. :D

Possibly in the future but definitely not for a while.

Btw is 12K pretty white? I really don't like blue lighting so i think 12K is good.

12k is pretty darn white typically. 10k and under starts to look a little yellowish on aquariums.

What optics are you going to get? I think 60 degree may be perfect for your 12" cube.

12k is pretty darn white typically. 10k and under starts to look a little yellowish on aquariums.

What optics are you going to get? I think 60 degree may be perfect for your 12" cube.

Yeah, but the thing about 12k, is that it is a crisp white. Once you get to 14k, that's when you start to see a tinge of blue. Also, you said you were doing SPS right? You may get some decent growth with a 12k lamp, but the colors won't be as good as if you had something like 14-15k, or if you had some other type of actinic supplementation going on. That's not to say you won't get nice color with the 12k, but typically the SPS won't be as fluorescent.

Pismo: Dave is making me one of his Nanobox lights. They look and perform awesome from all the N-R tanks I see. I really can't wait to get them!!

Archived