Cultivated Reef

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

Soccer tryouts start tomorrow morning and are two times a day for a while. :sadface: I do love playing soccer though.

at first I was like omgomgomg

then I was like :mellow:<_<

now I am :unsure:

:slap::P

<3

This'll get set up right after I get settled into the school year.

Glad to see you back Maria!

Hey man! I don't know if you remember me as it's been nearly a year since I've posted on here! How's the tanks going what ever happened with your 125g?

I'm tagging along on this I want to see what you do with it. I've got a 7.5g cube but it's got a HUUUGE skimmer and is overstocked running low nutrient and SPS :P

East I was hoping you would come back! I'm in a tight money situation so the 125 is on hold for a while. That is really why it wasn't set up for so long...

I feel bad for buggin' the guy.

:mellow:

No worries, I want to get back to N-R but just can't right now.

how about some pictures.... starting to seem like an imaginary goby reef to me

Will get some pics when something happens :)

AM's never going to get around to this tank......im done waiting......

prove me wrong AM!!!!!

Sorry but I told, it's just not doable for a couple of weeks.

East I was hoping you would come back! I'm in a tight money situation so the 125 is on hold for a while. That is really why it wasn't set up for so long...

I spent about 6 months without a reef and I came back to lurk and got bitten again, the new tank's awesome though!

I hear ya on the money side, I'm a typical poor student, started a new job today ( I work at Hamleys which is a huge toy store, I basically get paid to play with toys it's awesome) so should be back on track :D

Keep it up man!

animalmaster6
I spent about 6 months without a reef and I came back to lurk and got bitten again, the new tank's awesome though!

I hear ya on the money side, I'm a typical poor student, started a new job today ( I work at Hamleys which is a huge toy store, I basically get paid to play with toys it's awesome) so should be back on track :D

Keep it up man!

Haha glad you're back!

animalmaster6
omgomgomg

will it have water today???

Football* hehe

and WOOOOOO pics or it didn't happen!

Won't be up today because I still need some stuff but very soon. I may post a list of what I need.

Alright finished my first week of school and i'm ready to get this started!

Here's what I have-

AquaClear

7.5g tank

Salt

Media Basket for AC

That's it :lol:

What I need:

Heater

Lighting fixture- trying to decide what I want for this one- I want SPS but this is a small tank so I dont think i need really high intensity lights. Maybe a 70w Viper.

Rock

Sand

Is that it? What else do I need?

RO water...why not get a PAR bulb? :huh:

do you have a refractometer? test kits will be needed too. and of coures save money for your gobies :)

cheato? will you have a skimmer? i think a good HOB skimmer would be a good idea if you have a bunch of gobies.

-ATO

-ATO pump

-Test kits

-2-part chem's

- refractometer

-THERMOMETER

- chemipure... Possibly Phosban.

- chaeto and light for chaeto.

- lid to prevent fishy-cide's

- fish food

Alright finished my first week of school and i'm ready to get this started!

Here's what I have-

AquaClear

7.5g tank

Salt

Media Basket for AC

That's it :lol:

What I need:

Heater

Lighting fixture- trying to decide what I want for this one- I want SPS but this is a small tank so I dont think i need really high intensity lights. Maybe a 70w Viper.

Rock

Sand

Is that it? What else do I need?

Are you in hs now?

A small algae scrapper like the nano mag or nimble nano would be nice

I'm guessing no background?

Small powerhead (if needed)

That's all I could think of atm

A 70w viper would be cool, but I think it might overheat the tank? And I don't think there are good quality 70w bulbs being made anymore (I could be wrong)

But you could try hanging a 70w really high over the tank?

Thanks guys!

RO water...why not get a PAR bulb? :huh:

do you have a refractometer? test kits will be needed too. and of coures save money for your gobies :)

cheato? will you have a skimmer? i think a good HOB skimmer would be a good idea if you have a bunch of gobies.

Yep Ive got an RO/DI system.

Have a refractometer and test kit. A skimmer isnt needed for gobies, a refugium is more important. Im having chaeto in the Aquaclear

-ATO

-ATO pump

-Test kits

-2-part chem's

- refractometer

-THERMOMETER

- chemipure... Possibly Phosban.

- chaeto and light for chaeto.

- lid to prevent fishy-cide's

- fish food

Do I need an ATO to start off. I definitely don't want one right away. Test kits I already have same with a refractometer.

I'll get som e 2 part chem's. I'm liking Two Little Phishies Phostrate stuff.

Lid is covered.

Hmm a light for the fuge. Good idea. Any ides on brands? I believe JBJ makes a cheap, good one.

Are you in hs now?

A small algae scrapper like the nano mag or nimble nano would be nice

I'm guessing no background?

Small powerhead (if needed)

That's all I could think of atm

A 70w viper would be cool, but I think it might overheat the tank? And I don't think there are good quality 70w bulbs being made anymore (I could be wrong)

But you could try hanging a 70w really high over the tank?

Yep, first week as a freshmen :happy:

I don't think a powerhead is needed. A few people have said that the AC is enough.

I'm still deciding if I want a black background or not. Not really sure yet.

Yeah I'm worried about overheating but I also want enough light that the SPS grows fast. Hmm. Ima do some research on this.

Yep, first week as a freshmen :happy:

I don't think a powerhead is needed. A few people have said that the AC is enough.

I'm still deciding if I want a black background or not. Not really sure yet.

Yeah I'm worried about overheating but I also want enough light that the SPS grows fast. Hmm. Ima do some research on this.

Glad you survived! :P

Lighting might be tricky unless you want to go with led(it seems you don't). I can really only think of a 70w MH hung really high or some sort of T5 fixture? Although the smallest T5 fixture I've seen is like 18 or 20" :/

if you can't fit a float valve in your tank, you can do gravity fed top-offs. i used to that. got kind of annoying, but it works.

i think you should still find room in your budget for a powerhead, just in case. you may have a few dead spots.

JBJ fuge lights are not cheap! like 40+ dollars. i use a 7w red sea candy lamp, spray painted black, cost me 12 dollars.

Glad you survived! :P

Lighting might be tricky unless you want to go with led(it seems you don't). I can really only think of a 70w MH hung really high or some sort of T5 fixture? Although the smallest T5 fixture I've seen is like 18 or 20" :/

Well I'll definitely consider LED's depending on the price and color.

Animal - How about a Nano Box unit?

-Dave

Dave I didnt know you were selling them much atm. PM sent :)

^^ That or a Boost PAR30 would be perfect

Yeah looking at those too :)

Archived