Innovative Marine Aquariums

Animalmaster6's Box Of Nothing! :D

animalmaster6

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That lamp is only 12w, you might be able to keep coral alive, but nothing will thrive. Good choice with the par38s.. :happydance:

:happy:

Now to find the best company to with...

im still scared to try sps under my par38, have a 12k evil over my 30c. i would also add a powerhead, have an old k nano 240 gph in mine and an ac50 with the flow cut down about half way and its perfect for softies maxi minis and chalices but i would recommend more flow for sps, maybe running ac70 at full blast with a k nano 265 or more. just suggestions.

if you wanted to go t5 you could retro your own fixture using the biocube t5 upgrade from nano tuners. my brother in law (asstastic) has it and its like 4x18w 12" t5s with end caps, wiring, external ballast, and the bulbs have built in reflectors (just dont put them in upside down haha) and are made by uvl. just an idea.

i would also add a powerhead, have an old k nano 240 gph in mine and an ac50 with the flow cut down about half way and its perfect for softies maxi minis and chalices but i would recommend more flow for sps, maybe running ac70 at full blast with a k nano 265 or more. just suggestions.

I'm not sure yet. I think an AC70 is enough but if I need more I can always add MJ1200s I have laying around.

Nanotuners!!

I'm liking their $98.00 compared to higher prices elsewhere

Woo! The tank is moving forward! Good luck in high school btw, and don't be afraid to challenge yourself!( lots of AP courses or similar!!)

:happydance:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to taking AP Environmental Science. Hopefully by then there will be some sort of marine biology though.

Or Rapid LED. Theres Boost that has the lamp+clamp for $105 to.

I dunno. Boost LED has them too.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to taking AP Environmental Science. Hopefully by then there will be some sort of marine biology though.

I was told that it might be a future course. AP enviro is pretty chill. Take AP bio as well. People tell you that it's difficult, but It's a great course and if you get a 5 like me, you get your first year of Biology off at most universities.

I was told that it might be a future course. AP enviro is pretty chill. Take AP bio as well. People tell you that it's difficult, but It's a great course and if you get a 5 like me, you get your first year of Biology off at most universities.

I started Biology Honors this year. Not sure how the AP classes are going to be. I know I'm not taking AP Chem when i'm older.

AP here in florida was a great prep for college. I find my college classes really easy in comparison.

I never took Chem, but I heard it is a consistently hard exam year after year. The curve they give it is ridiculous and the passing rate is still low.

Whatever you end up doing though, I'm sure you are going to do well. You seem like a really dedicated person, something I wish I was more like when I started highschool! :D

I dunno. Boost LED has them too.

HI5 I'm taking APES this year :D We get to go on tons of field trips! Later this month we're going to go to a sandy beach and collect data on mole crabs that will actually be used by the biologists at a local marine research institute! So exciting!

I have a BoostLED PAR30 over my 3g, it's good quality, the only think I don't like about it is it's extremely purple tint. So I don't think you'd like it :(

AP here in florida was a great prep for college. I find my college classes really easy in comparison.

I never took Chem, but I heard it is a consistently hard exam year after year. The curve they give it is ridiculous and the passing rate is still low.

Whatever you end up doing though, I'm sure you are going to do well. You seem like a really dedicated person, something I wish I was more like when I started highschool! :D

Thanks Lee! :)

HI5 I'm taking APES this year :D We get to go on tons of field trips! Later this month we're going to go to a sandy beach and collect data on mole crabs that will actually be used by the biologists at a local marine research institute! So exciting!

I have a BoostLED PAR30 over my 3g, it's good quality, the only think I don't like about it is it's extremely purple tint. So I don't think you'd like it :(

:hi5!: That sounds exactly what I want to do. Definitely excited for that! :happy:

Yeah I think I'm going to go with Nanotuners. Probably going with 12k.

:hi5!: That sounds exactly what I want to do. Definitely excited for that! :happy:

Yeah I think I'm going to go with Nanotuners. Probably going with 12k.

Oh, and if you plan on taking APUSH (us history) or AP Bio be very afraid :lol: It's just tons and tons of work and stress. It may differ from school to school and teacher, but like at my school, if you get a C in AP Bio you're considered an absolute genius.

The 12k should look great! :)

Oh, and if you plan on taking APUSH (us history) or AP Bio be very afraid :lol: It's just tons and tons of work and stress. It may differ from school to school and teacher, but like at my school, if you get a C in AP Bio you're considered an absolute genius.

lol yeah the first two months of the year are gonna be insane. I play soccer, do band, AND will be taking AP :wacko:

I love History. I kinda want to take AP History but if we do marine bio stuff in AP Environmental Science or AP Bio then that's more important. First I need to get through this year :lol:

lol I got an A in both. Is it really THAT bad?

lol yeah the first two months of the year are gonna be insane. I play soccer, do band, AND will be taking AP :wacko:

I love History. I kinda want to take AP History but if we do marine bio stuff in AP Environmental Science or AP Bio then that's more important. First I need to get through this year :lol:

Junior year will be the toughest, cause that's the year you take a million AP and honor courses

Take as many AP courses as you can handle :) Don't overload yourself!

lol I got an A in both. Is it really THAT bad?

Lol, at my school I've never heard of anyone getting an A in AP Bio

But I think the important thing is passing the AP Exam, my friend got a 5 on the exam but still didn't get an A in the class

Anyways back to reefing..

AM, do you have a plan for a scape yet? :D

Junior year will be the toughest, cause that's the year you take a million AP and honor courses

Lol, at my school I've never heard of anyone getting an A in AP Bio

But I think the important thing is passing the AP Exam, my friend got a 5 on the exam but still didn't get an A in the class

Word.

I always thought a single pillar scape looks great on cube tanks.

Yeah that's what I heard.

I have a few ideas for scapes. Right now I want to do something that made the 125 delayed quite a bit. I want to focus on one thing at a time so I don't get distracted with other stuff! :lol: I just want to get this tanl. I might order some LED's tomorrow. Can't wait!

I always thought a single pillar scape looks great on cube tanks.

Yeah but I need a lot of territories for gobies.

I have a few ideas for scapes. Right now I want to do something that made the 125 delayed quite a bit. I want to focus on one thing at a time so I don't get distracted with other stuff! :lol: I just want to get this tanl. I might order some LED's tomorrow. Can't wait!

Yeah but I need a lot of territories for gobies.

I think if you use small pieces of more bumpy, holey, small branch-y rock it will come out great (if that made sense)

lemme get in on this loop.

What's wrong with AP chem?! It's my favorite class this year, along with AP enviro, AP bio is next year, my schools teacher sucks

I play jazz alto and tenor saxophone, keep up with it and it will pay off, I promise.

Also taking AP us history, an awesome course if you're interested in history. A LOT of facts though, it involves a lot of cramming your brain full of dates

Hmm, your not supposed to take more than 2 AP classes at my school, simply because the amount of work that you have to do. :(

AM you need to join a choir. :)

Might be ordering LED's soon. fingerscrossed

I think if you use small pieces of more bumpy, holey, small branch-y rock it will come out great (if that made sense)

Yep thats best for gobies. I also want good placement of corals.

lemme get in on this loop.

What's wrong with AP chem?! It's my favorite class this year, along with AP enviro, AP bio is next year, my schools teacher sucks

I play jazz alto and tenor saxophone, keep up with it and it will pay off, I promise.

Also taking AP us history, an awesome course if you're interested in history. A LOT of facts though, it involves a lot of cramming your brain full of dates

Chem isn't really my thing. I'll definitely end up taking Honors Chem but I don't want AP.

Cool! I've been playing drums for 5 years and just started band this year. I'm playing cymbals now and hopefully snare next year :D

AM you need to join a choir. :)

I don't lik to sing :lol:

Archived