Cultivated Reef

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so proud of this thread. :)

And yeah brad I think I am on an invert kick but even then there's not much I want. I want to go rob live aquaria's Diver's Den facility and just load up my tank with coral.

So I left my iPad in the basement and went down to get it so I can get my nightly HIMYM on and look what little nocturnal guy was out and about:

f7XAt.jpg

Also, my turbo snail I've not seen in a while was bulldozing frags:

sOQGX.jpg

I use my iPhone but the app I use to upload works on the iPad as well. It's the same species as the one on LA but I got it from the LFS. It says reef safe "with caution" but they had it for 6 months in their coral/cuc tank and they never noticed harmed coral or missing inverts. It's been perfectly fine with my tiny cleaner shrimp. Makes me think he might be okay with sexy shrimp.

So I left my iPad in the basement and went down to get it so I can get my nightly HIMYM on

OMG! You like HIMYM?! I agree that when it comes to TV shows, we were meant for each other :lol:

Haha I know the feeling - I'm about to load up on fuzzy sticks :D. There's a gnarly grey w/ green polyp a.divaricata, yellow w/ red polyp a.tenuis, cyan a.desalwii, electric blue polyp a.birds, and Turquoise a.Loisettae I'm lookin at....I must have them

that explains so much......

It certainly explains something.....

Looks like he could use a pair of sunglasses B)

I'm pretty sure I blinded him with the flash. :( he let me take a few pictures before making the mad dash back to his hole.

OMG! You like HIMYM?! I agree that when it comes to TV shows, we were meant for each other :lol:

I just started it, I missed the train but I'm catching up. I'm almost done with the 4th season. And you're right, we could watch some tv :D too bad about other things like location, personal beliefs, what you want out of life, etc. that haven't been broached yet. :P

bout time you ventured into sps!

I know! Once these color up I'll probably get some more. B)

There's a gnarly grey w/ green polyp a.divaricata, yellow w/ red polyp a.tenuis, cyan a.desalwii, electric blue polyp a.birds, and Turquoise a.Loisettae I'm lookin at....I must have them

:lol: But seriously, that's cool. I've not gotten into the scientific names yet because Mr. Coral just gives them crazy names and that's what I'm going by :lol:
Check my thread you'll se pictures of them joel :P

Pretty. B)

Siwelk, what is that? :lol:

---------

In other news, I'm a moron and can't read. One of the schools I'm applying to needs three letters of recommendation and I only have two. I dislike this feeling. So now I have to run around and try to find someone who will write me one basically today.

Pretty. B)

Siwelk, what is that? :lol:

---------

In other news, I'm a moron and can't read. One of the schools I'm applying to needs three letters of recommendation and I only have two. I dislike this feeling. So now I have to run around and try to find someone who will write me one basically today.

I'll write one for ya!!!!

You're a church-goer, right? I remember you said you played an instrument in the church band or something like that?????? If you haven't already, why not the pastor or priest (don't know your denomination)?

What field are you in? B)

The pastor at my old church has been promoted to the regional minister of all the churches in the association so I'm trying to find contact info for him. He's known me since I was in 3rd grade and really likes me so if I can get a hold of him I think he could write one today.

The other one I can talk to is my ex's uncle who I worked for, he's pretty well connected but there's the whole "ex" thing so I'm not sure if his shining opinion of me still stands :lol:

You're a church-goer, right? I remember you said you played an instrument in the church band or something like that?????? If you haven't already, why not the pastor or priest (don't know your denomination)?

Southern Baptist, born and raised. :D and that's a good idea, if I can't get in contact with my old one I think the new one would too, I just don't have as close of a relationship with him. And yeah, I play guitar and sometimes synthesizer for the band. I know baptists have a pretty conservative reputation but we're pretty contemporary. :)

surgicalsense
I want some Seapeople in my tank.

Also, no big deal, but 5k posts B)

Seamonkeys? :P

So I left my iPad in the basement and went down to get it so I can get my nightly HIMYM on and look what little nocturnal guy was out and about:

f7XAt.jpg

Also, my turbo snail I've not seen in a while was bulldozing frags:

sOQGX.jpg

Joel, that looks like a giant trochus snail. I have the same one, but mine is banded and is a complete bulldozer the destructor. Knocks and runs over anything in its way while it grazes :lol:

I hope you get your letter of rec without too much stress! I had that happen back in November when I was applying for a fellowship. The day all the rec's were due, one of the professors who said she's write one was out of town and forgot about it. 3 hours before the deadline she still hadn't submitted her letter and I couldn't get ahold of her so I had to call one of my professors from undergrad and beg him to write one right then.

The pastor sounds like a great idea! Hopefully you can get in touch with him!

I used to live next to a black Baptist church.

They rocked the #### outta that place.

QFT

Seamonkeys? :P

Joel, that looks like a giant trochus snail. I have the same one, but mine is banded and is a complete bulldozer the destructor. Knocks and runs over anything in its way while it grazes :lol:

Nope, tiny aquatic people. :D

After looking at pictures, it could be a trochus. I never see mine though, in fact, this might be the second time I've seen him in the new tank.

I hope you get your letter of rec without too much stress! I had that happen back in November when I was applying for a fellowship. The day all the rec's were due, one of the professors who said she's write one was out of town and forgot about it. 3 hours before the deadline she still hadn't submitted her letter and I couldn't get ahold of her so I had to call one of my professors from undergrad and beg him to write one right then.

The pastor sounds like a great idea! Hopefully you can get in touch with him!

Isn't that the worst!? I called/emailed old pastor and called new pastor. Left voicemails with both being sure to include how time sensitive it is. It will work out I hope. :)

surgicalsense

Nocturnal only. We did name mine, Dozer just for that very same reason. Also, the first cuc snail my bf came home with :mellow:

Tiny aquatic people :P ... cute Joel.

Nocturnal only. We did name mine, Dozer just for that very same reason. Also, the first cuc snail my bf came home with :mellow:

Tiny aquatic people :P ... cute Joel.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right with the ID. Man, I liked him better as a Mexican Turbo :( now his name "J.I. Juan" is just silly.

http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/view...?video_id=15915

I am impressed

I have two big ones, and a hermit crab that is the same size.. im going to have to start jb welding frags in place :)

Haha, to be fair, gifts are free and we don't expect someone to give up part of their bday money. :lol:

I need to get the frags epoxied down too, I just need to hammer out final places for everyone first, I've not seen any knocked over frags yet so that's good but I really don't want a happy well adjusted frag to take a tumble and undo all of the progress.

Archived