Pod Your Reef

Phantasma

Kazooie

I'll be using a old finnex clip-light I have. It has a 50/50 screw in bulb, which should grow it just fine. Maybe not the good looking kind, but the green should grow fast.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice sump, did you have to use weld-on for the corner piece? or is it siliconed to the first baffle?

Thanks! Yep, used Weld-On 16. All the other baffles are siliconed. :)

Plumbing is almost done, ran out of PVC glue for the spray bar, so it'll be done sometime this week.

It is wet...

IMG_0634.jpg

Freshwater test was a success, now waiting only on the package in the mail to arrive, then cycling shall begin.

Loving the lights with water under then by the way. Only surface agitation is from the overflow, so I don't get color separated shimmer, which looks so distracting.

Plumbing was a bit loud, and since the tank is about 5 feet from my bed, I made a quick silencer for it.

And the package should be here sometime within a week. :)

It's full of stuff and is somewhere between Seattle and here. That is all that I will say. :D

Nope, that's freshwater. Going to mix the salt in sometime next week.

I know, I'm ahead/behind the initial guessesage on when it would be salty! :)

Thanks! This was the first time I've ever done a scape with the tank empty. I prefer it a lot more! :)

Tank looks amazing! :)

Thanks! I just wish it'd clear up a little. <_<

I regretted not doing it without the water in there. Made it all cloudy.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It usually cleared up overnight though. ;)

Kazooie, stop making stupid reports or I'll ban you. Seriously. There was no reason to report either or the things you spammed my email with. It's a public forum. You don't get to choose who posts in your thread. There's an ignore function. Feel free to use it.

Ok, if you can't help me, then I'll do it myself.

Colormyheart, please stop posting in my threads. I have you on ignore now, so I wont be able to see anything you post. Also please stop pming me, thanks.

I know we were friends at one point, but I have abandoned all friends from that point, so that I can remain here. During that time I had about 2 bans, in about 3 weeks. Without changing how I act, I would not be here. So do not take it personal, there is a whole host of people I wont talk to anymore.

And OC, I apologize if the reports bothered you, that was far from my intention. I was just calling attention to a post I did not find appropriate, an asking to delete a post here. I hope that this wont happen again.

------------------------------------------------------------

I have a refractometer to be delivered soon, and then the tank will start cycling. There was a brief pause when the old hydrometer that I've been using for almost 2 years broke, as well as when the mj1200 for the skimmer fell down and all but emptied the sump on the floor. But those are all but fixed.

IMG_0876.jpg

Two little frags of zoas I put in there. 2 polyps of Captain Americas and 3ish of a random one I found in another tank. They used to be greyed out and gross, but are turning pinkish here. :)

Yeah, I know. I'm going to blow it off with a baster later today. It's just on because they were in the other tank, which is full of it right now.

Archived