ReefCleaners.org

Kazooie's Alaska Photographery

Kazooie

That is definitely an improvement, thanks!

You actually like that one? :huh::) Thanks

Yea really liked how the mountains came out purple, reminds me of something I'll never see in Cali. :lol:

Good work on the photos, I know what you mean by "on the go," I see plenty of window reflections. haha. It's good working with what time you have. I do that a lot myself when someone else is driving, but in California, especially in the city, everything turns out hazy from the smog. I can't even take pictures of the view from my house because by the time the horizon is supposed to be in the frame, it's all a grey haze. Pollution sucks, wish Cali air was still clean like Alaska air (if it ever was).

Good work on the miniatures. I wouldn't have been able to tell the church without really looking if not for the reflection of the case it was in.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea really liked how the mountains came out purple, reminds me of something I'll never see in Cali. :lol:

Good work on the photos, I know what you mean by "on the go," I see plenty of window reflections. haha. It's good working with what time you have. I do that a lot myself when someone else is driving, but in California, especially in the city, everything turns out hazy from the smog. I can't even take pictures of the view from my house because by the time the horizon is supposed to be in the frame, it's all a grey haze. Pollution sucks, wish Cali air was still clean like Alaska air (if it ever was).

Good work on the miniatures. I wouldn't have been able to tell the church without really looking if not for the reflection of the case it was in.

Thanks! There's a lot more "desert" mountains down there right?

Again, thanks! I'd love to take more time, jsut taking pictures on the side of the road, but usually everyone else is tired and wants to get home/destination. :rolleyes: How bad is smog? I'v never seen it, that I can remember.:(

I had a bunch more, but they had major refection issues. :(

zooie what kind of lens do you have?

I have the stock 18-55 mm lens, as well as a Opteka fish eye strew-on and extreme macro.

Quick questions... After editing, do you save as JPG, PNG or what? Also, is there a better uploader than photobucket? One that dosn't have a limit on how much you can upload per month, and is free?

are you talking to me? i use picasa for photo hosting and picknick for editing...both free, as far as i know there are no limits.

i don't edit every pic...dose it really matter what i save it as?

Any who care to answer. :)

I'll go check out Picasso. How easy is it to use?

I think that one of the common formats is slightly higher quality, but can't remember which. :rolleyes: But I do editing to correct WB on all my photos.

And it's 'does' not 'dose'. :P

Kazooie,

Jpeg for interwebs and tiff for archival. You should save the tiff first and then make the jpeg from the tiff.

Your shots are really good, I haven't checked this thread in awhile so I'm a bit surprised. I agree with the saturation comments but in some of the pics, you pull it off pretty well. You need to watch your horizons, and make sure they are level. Also, don't point the camera up, even a little bit, to take pictures of buildings.

Kazooie,

Jpeg for interwebs and tiff for archival. You should save the tiff first and then make the jpeg from the tiff.

Your shots are really good, I haven't checked this thread in awhile so I'm a bit surprised. I agree with the saturation comments but in some of the pics, you pull it off pretty well. You need to watch your horizons, and make sure they are level. Also, don't point the camera up, even a little bit, to take pictures of buildings.

Ok, cool. I've been using .png because I thought it was better, but will change. :)

Thanks! I've been working on my "technique" since that last set, but none uploaded. Just out of curiosity though, why shouldn't I point upwards? Is it a 'point of view' kind of thing? :huh:

Ok, cool. I've been using .png because I thought it was better, but will change. :)

Thanks! I've been working on my "technique" since that last set, but none uploaded. Just out of curiosity though, why shouldn't I point upwards? Is it a 'point of view' kind of thing? :huh:

If you look closely at the shots you took of some of the buildings, they look like they are falling over. They make lenses to correct for this but they are useless for anything but architectural photography and really expensive. Look up TS-e lenses.

Look at this:

It looks like the building is leaning slightly towards you. Thats what happens when you point the camera up, even slightly.

IMG_2482.jpg

Ahh, I see what you mean. Is it the same for pointing downwards as well? As in, it'd look like it's leaning away.

Ooooh, tilt lenses :wub:

Check this out, an extreme example, but its something that bugs me when I see pics of buildings.

stockholm-gamla-stan-stortorget-107.1.jpg

stockholm-gamla-stan-stortorget-2.1.jpg

Lens pointed up - tips away

pointed down - tips towards

bottom pic is a tse lens

Yes, I am fully aware I just contradicted myself.

Check this out, an extreme example, but its something that bugs me when I see pics of buildings.

stockholm-gamla-stan-stortorget-107.1.jpg

stockholm-gamla-stan-stortorget-2.1.jpg

Lens pointed up - tips away

pointed down - tips towards

bottom pic is a tse lens

Yes, I am fully aware I just contradicted myself.

Good examples though. I don't like the effect either, and don't have a TS lens myself. They are so expensive, but the effect does look good sometimes, especially at parties. People love the effect for some reason of a wide angle lens that makes people look like they are towering over the photographer. I did experiment with my friend's TS lens, but it was to make the wedding party look like miniatures at a post-ceremony shoot. :lol: I was never too into architectural work so I never thought about trying some with the lens, which is a shame since the shoot location was so nice, excepting the afternoon sun.

Kazooie, he's also right about saving your pictures. Keep the original TIFF always, but save as a JPEG. You won't lose quality by saving as a JPEG, just the ability to edit the small details like white balance as well as extreme noise reduction.

I do like the look of a leaning building though...;)

Cool, starting to save as JPEG's now. :)

Anyways, quick picture.

IMG_2669.jpg

And, if all goes to plan, there might be some wildlife pictures soon. On a side note though, saw a fox, and two moose today. :) No pictures of them though :(

Edit: I might have the opportunity to have one of my pictures printed, which one would you recommend? I'll be full sized and on "canvas".

• 3 weeks later...

Back from my trip, have about 200 unedited pictures from it. Finally set up a new photobucket, so I could upload more, so took the opportunity to upload a few from my week ban right before the vacation! :lol:

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

I'm really lovin the last one, and even set it as the background for my computer. :)

:o woah

im looking at that reef

killer colonies

Yeah, they were really amazing! :wub:

Is that in denver? Sweet pics

Mostly, the ones from the air were over Oregon and somewhere around saltlake. The some later ones are from Este's Park though. :)

Part 2 (the one that isn't)

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

Super cool full-bowed double rainbow. It was amazing.

IMG_3085.jpg

Was at the Stanley Hotel, supercool history, and spooky ghost storys. Funny story I might tell somtime. :P

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

^weird lady with weird moves I just noticed! :lol:

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

^This "ghost" is a old Irish pervert who touches ladys if they go in the closet of the old nurses station. :lol:

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

The next set is more serious. Enjoy! :P

Also, I'd kill for a Stanley violin... Literally... :creeper:

Archived