SaltCritters.com

Milkeeways JBJ 3 Gal Pico

Milkeeway

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would not use chemical methods in a pico, there is too little margin for error. i bought some at first, then decided to go all natural. i agree with you drift, but it is a dog eat shrimp world. but yeah long term should be the idea for all inhabitants.

Drift Monkey
i would not use chemical methods in a pico, there is too little margin for error. i bought some at first, then decided to go all natural. i agree with you drift, but it is a dog eat shrimp world. but yeah long term should be the idea for all inhabitants.

:P

It'd be fine to just pass it on to someone else after he ate all your aiptasia, but then there's the hard part: catching him. :lol:

Dnanoreefer

Use the aiptsisia x.. Just don't get crazy with the stuff, little bit on the open aip amd they are nuked.. Then maybe a water change a few hours later or next day.. I use the stuff whenever I see one sprout and it's awesome.. Nukes em in minuetes.

By the way just read your entire thread and the tank looks pretty sweet.. Like the scape a lot.. That torch is really nice too.. Looks huge in there haha.. How's the light working? Looks amazing, it really lights up that tank.

• 2 weeks later...
Milkeeway
looking nice, a Caribbean style scape.

Thank you so much! I am ashamed it took me this long to reply!

It's been a nightmare looking for a job!

Milkeeway

So just an update, as I said above I have been having a heck of a time looking for a job and that has been consuming my entire day everyday >.> So I apologize for dropping off the face of the earth. I wish I had some awesome new pics of flourishing life to show you. But the lack of employment has put a serious damper on my spending power. I have had barely enough $ for one meal a day let alone for the tank. Today I sacrificed a meal so I could put some new water in my tank. Zoas look horrible, my Torch coral barely extends. A friend gave me an SPS right before the problems started happening and there is 0 polyp extension. I had an aiptasia problem and tried the peppermint shrimp route but ultimately I just decided to remove the two rocks from my tank that were littered with them. Since doing a water change and a Protein Skimmer Cleaning everything is perking back up. The lovely green eagle eye zoas have turned brown with a yellow center. I am assuming not good. I also seem to have a lot of white algae (hair like) everywhere as well as some brown stringy algae with bubbles on the tips. I siphoned some off the sand during the water change so it looks better but unfortunately I am having a heck of a time keeping this thing going on my budget..

Milkeeway
Use the aiptsisia x.. Just don't get crazy with the stuff, little bit on the open aip amd they are nuked.. Then maybe a water change a few hours later or next day.. I use the stuff whenever I see one sprout and it's awesome.. Nukes em in minuetes.

By the way just read your entire thread and the tank looks pretty sweet.. Like the scape a lot.. That torch is really nice too.. Looks huge in there haha.. How's the light working? Looks amazing, it really lights up that tank.

Hey I am really sorry I never replied!!! My newest post explains a little bit but I do apologize. The torch coral will probably be getting a new home since it is a bit over sized and I kind of wanted a miniature look to my tank. Plus with recent hard ships a lot might be "getting a new home" Scape has changed a bit unfortunately since I had to remove some rocks(I don't like it as much I may have to rescape) The light is about the only thing that is working right now lol and very well I might add. Algae seem to love it haha.

Sorry to hear it. :wacko:

No worries I appreciate it though!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give everyone and update! I was able to secure a job at Petco running their Aquatic Department! With that 5 gallons of S/W I had purchased a while ago I did frequent water changes on my Pico. My Torch Coral and Mushroom seem to be doing fine, the SPS mmm not so well. Ever since day one it seemed sad. :/ it was buried in the sand in the previous tank and the tissue turned completely white at it's base. It doesn't ever extend it's polyps. So I am 100% sure my water quality is to blame, probably due to the fact it is just not an established enough system. I am continuing to do a 20% water change every three days to try and stabilize things. i have read Torch Corals can be a pretty good indicator of water quality and since mine is happily extending I think I am getting closer to where it was! I will try and upload some pictures right now.

P.S. I have no idea what my yellow clown goby is eating...Our freezer broke weeks ago and I can't keep any frozen baby mysis. He/She seems fine though. Maybe it's eating the SPS I have seen it nip at it. All it does is hang out in the branches of the SPS!

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

The Clown Goby is a little white in the picture because I had just turned on the lights. It goes COMPLETELY white almost see through whenever the lights are turned off for a while. It regains all color after an hour or so. Thanks for stopping by everyone I look forward to your feedback!

Archived