Top Shelf Aquatics

Milkeeways JBJ 3 Gal Pico

Milkeeway

Looking good. A little advice though. Get your own test kit and don't trust your lfs. Some are fine but most are trying to make a buck. Also make sure your yellow clown goby is eating prepared foods. From the research I have done they are pretty picky eaters. The zoas look great though. I have the same frag and it was my first one too.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Goby is eating baby mysis shrimp he/she has no problem with it, and your right I'd hate to have everything die on me so they could make a dollar! I'll get one asap!

Well at least the goby is eating. The one my lfs had didn't make it cause it wasn't eating. API test kits work fine for me. Just make sure its still good. The petsmart here had one that was manufactured in 07. Four years old and they wanted like 40 bucks.

That's a shame my LFS had a tank of about 20 yellow clown gobies all of which are eating. They were out of the green ones though which is a shame because I'm so impatient I would've loved to have one of those. Ok So definitely check the date!! I need a newer test kit haha

Yea they have a couple green ones but I won't buy one until its eating prepared. To much of a pain in my opinion

I agree why would you wanna go through the ache of getting attached to something on the off chance it might not eat and die on you! I'm happy mine eats. Has your LFS tried Baby Brine (frozen of course) mixed with a garlic guard?

My LFS has some weird mix of a bunch of stuff they feed some of their fish

Not sure. I know they tried mysis and it would take a nip at it but that's it. It later for a few weeks and then got ich and didn't make it. I'm not in a rush to get a fish though. Porcelain crab may be next.

I have never seen a pickier eater than my gf's ycg. He only eats blood worms. If I try feeding him anything else he spits it out. My hi-fin goby eats anything. I vote pom pom crab lol.

Drift Monkey

I honestly want them all! porcelain crabs, pom pom crabs, sexy shrimp, anemone shrimp...

I think I have a crustacean addiction...:naughtydance:

Drift Monkey
Do you think a pom pom crab would be ok in my tank with the pistol shrimp?

It might still work if they both establish an area of their own in your tank. Pistols are pretty territorial though, but maybe he'll be better behaved since he has a buddy. I'd probs give it a try. :)

It might still work if they both establish an area of their own in your tank. Pistols are pretty territorial though, but maybe he'll be better behaved since he has a buddy. I'd probs give it a try. :)

Ok you talked me into it lol.

my lfs had a hi fin goby/pistol pair for like 80 bucks. pretty pricey. Lol and we just hijacked this thread.

Drift Monkey
my lfs had a hi fin goby/pistol pair for like 80 bucks. pretty pricey. Lol and we just hijacked this thread.

:naughtydance:

We sure did lol. I was just asking my questions just in case milkee was wondering the same thing lol. Milkee you should get a pom pom crab!

haha. I think bumblebee shrimp are on my list after the porcelain crab. I think me and drift need to start a crustacean rehab program lol

Drift Monkey
haha. I think bumblebee shrimp are on my list after the porcelain crab. I think me and drift need to start a crustacean rehab program lol

FOR SURE! :eek:

We sure did lol. I was just asking my questions just in case milkee was wondering the same thing lol. Milkee you should get a pom pom crab!

haha really why is that?

And I do have the same questions so I appreciate you asking them here I like to review my thread for info so I'd love to see it grow into something like your's and Newman's eventually! I learned so much from both your threads!

Archived