ReefCleaners.org

My 5g Ecoxotic "EcoPico" New Pics/Question!

malibukay

I know what you mean...a buncha guys here complain about how pods are everywhere in their tanks and looking for ways to control them and I got basically zero. :mellow:

Look forward to seeing the lights! B)

i wish i had some! i have yet to see a single pod =(

yeh glazer said they should be finished by the weekend! cant wait!

now i just got to sell or trade my PS3 so i could continue my awesome setup!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monochrome5

My chaeto was fine. Dunno if it had pods with it or not. My tank was already swarming with them. I had so many my zoas were closing from pods trampling them. I still have thousands... it's crazy.

Anyway, I'll get a gorg frag to you as soon as finals are over. These next two weeks are finals... and then I get my masters. Celebratory frags for ya :)

My chaeto was fine. Dunno if it had pods with it or not. My tank was already swarming with them. I had so many my zoas were closing from pods trampling them. I still have thousands... it's crazy.

Anyway, I'll get a gorg frag to you as soon as finals are over. These next two weeks are finals... and then I get my masters. Celebratory frags for ya :)

yeh i have yet to count 1 pod in my tank =( so sad!

congrats on the masters! lets celebrate haha, too bad your not closer id say a bar! awesome thanks a lot!

just did a water change of about 1/3 total, everything seems to being doing fine =) i gotta start getting some frags!

Where do you live in NJ?

I happen to have made a few frags in my nano recently. they will be ready very soon (or depending on how much you want to wait).

what kinds of corals were you looking for?

Where do you live in NJ?

I happen to have made a few frags in my nano recently. they will be ready very soon (or depending on how much you want to wait).

what kinds of corals were you looking for?

i live like an hour from the city, im actually going to be in manhatten with family friends tomorrow most of the day, what frags do you have?

Currently i have an older hollywood stunner chalice, green finger leather and freshly made orange-red monti cap and GSP frags.

By older i mean they have been in my tank for months and the fresh ones i made today(these will take a short while to be ready). I can also make a green monti cap frag if you want that one.

Currently i have an older hollywood stunner chalice, green finger leather and freshly made orange-red monti cap and GSP frags.

By older i mean they have been in my tank for months and the fresh ones i made today(these will take a short while to be ready). I can also make a green monti cap frag if you want that one.

how much are you looking for a frag of the stunner, and green finger?

green finger is real small still so ill sell it for $7(it's an inch in length if fully extended)

Stunner chalice will be $15(a little more than 2 inches wide)

I found a handful of pods today! :P

ahhh so jealous! i thought i saw one racing across a rock, then i realized it was a piece of chaeto rolling around -_-

just purchased a almost brand new mp10 for 140$ its only a month old! hehe score!

green finger is real small still so ill sell it for $7(it's an inch in length if fully extended)

Stunner chalice will be $15(a little more than 2 inches wide)

ok kool so 22$ total, how do you wanna do this? im not sure the exact area ill be around tomorrow, itll be hard for me to really wander cause im going with someones family to shop, and have dinner and stuff

I figure that if I mail them with priority they will arrive in 1 day. definitely hardy corals (back when i originally got my 1st chalice frag it spent 3 days in shipment from california and was just fine when it got into my tank :) )

Oh i forgot you can't see where I am from, am from bergen county, in NJ as well. this is why shipping wont take long.

I figure that if I mail them with priority they will arrive in 1 day. definitely hardy corals (back when i originally got my 1st chalice frag it spent 3 days in shipment from california and was just fine when it got into my tank :) )

ok sounds good =) yeh shipping will be quick

ive never had a chalice but wanted a shot at them, any tips or guidelines?

Oh i forgot you can't see where I am from, am from bergen county, in NJ as well. this is why shipping wont take long.

oh haha bergen isnt far i was actually over in GSP today, wish i new earlier haha!

the hollywood stunner is basically like a monti cap. it grows outward with limited encrusting on rock. but unlike a monti cap it will create only one plate layer not milti-layered plates.

Obviously start both of the corals on the bottom, then maybe after a week or so if you see them doing ok, you could try moving them to middle level. idk how strong or weak your lighting is, but the chalice likes medium-lower light so if its intense LEDs and very bright, its best to keep the chalice towards the bottom. the finger leather can handle higher light so it should be fine in the middle level.

You dont really have to feed them or anything. later in your pico's life when you are feeding your crabs, etc... you will see that the chalice will eat the small particulate food floating around your tank.

Anything else you want to know about them? PM me with your info. I will try to send the corals out next week, or if you need s specific day of arrival, tell me.

the hollywood stunner is basically like a monti cap. it grows outward with limited encrusting on rock. but unlike a monti cap it will create only one plate layer not milti-layered plates.

Obviously start both of the corals on the bottom, then maybe after a week or so if you see them doing ok, you could try moving them to middle level. idk how strong or weak your lighting is, but the chalice likes medium-lower light so if its intense LEDs and very bright, its best to keep the chalice towards the bottom. the finger leather can handle higher light so it should be fine in the middle level.

You dont really have to feed them or anything. later in your pico's life when you are feeding your crabs, etc... you will see that the chalice will eat the small particulate food floating around your tank.

awesome, thanks for the info. yeh the LEDs i have are pretty bright so ill end up finding a nice spot towards the bottom for the chalice, and the finger coral ill place towards the left backside

Drift Monkey
ahhh so jealous! i thought i saw one racing across a rock, then i realized it was a piece of chaeto rolling around -_-

just purchased a almost brand new mp10 for 140$ its only a month old! hehe score!

Lucky! Is it an es? Did you buy it for this setup? :o

Lucky! Is it an es? Did you buy it for this setup? :o

It's for this setup for now but mainly for when I upgrade to a ADA again =) it's not es but Idc since it's the original owner, used almost a month and he bought it only a month ago from a fish store in Cali so warranty is still fully functional :) and it does everything I need it to hehe

Drift Monkey
It's for this setup for now but mainly for when I upgrade to a ADA again =) it's not es but Idc since it's the original owner, used almost a month and he bought it only a month ago from a fish store in Cali so warranty is still fully functional :) and it does everything I need it to hehe

Awesome...I'm not sure why you don't just set up that 60-F...

Awesome...I'm not sure why you don't just set up that 60-F...

haha i sold it last week! i had like 50 inquiries, it was so random everyone wanted it at once

anyway update:

steve got my LED housing done, and it looks amazing as always!

heres a few pics, what do you think?

haha i sold it last week! i had like 50 inquiries, it was so random everyone wanted it at once

anyway update:

anyway update:

post-53288-1303688160_thumb.jpg

post-53288-1303688207_thumb.jpg

very nice, put it up and turn her on!!

thank you! im waiting for it to be delivered! ahhh cant wait, ill post full tank shots in a few days once everything is set up!

nice light set up,I have the same tank though bought an extra blue led lights to compliment w the original set up ,real happy with that anyhow how much if I can ask cost you this one?

feel free to pm me if u prefer

thnxs

nice light set up,I have the same tank though bought an extra blue led lights to compliment w the original set up ,real happy with that anyhow how much if I can ask cost you this one?

feel free to pm me if u prefer

thnxs

pm sent =)

Drift Monkey

I thought you wanted to set up another ADA? :unsure:

I thought you wanted to set up another ADA? :unsure:

i do but thats not till later on in the future, ill be moving in a bit and all this other stuff, so i figured id wait, and id like something a little bigger than a 60-f

Archived