Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 5g Ecoxotic "EcoPico" New Pics/Question!

malibukay

i know i didnt post pics last night, been running a little busy, but i will soon

so quick update:

got the rest of my LEDs today, i thermal epoxied them to the heatsink, which wasnt an issue. the real problem came to when i had to solder -_- after trying multiple times with no luck, i gave up. im just going to have to wait till i can ask my father to do it for me lol

kinda wish i went with a PAR bulb <_<

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey
why cant you view tiff? idk how else to do it so it is right way, and not tiff. lol

I can view tiff...but I have to download and open it. I'm lazy! ;)

2ih8hg9.jpg

That's how it's done! :haha:

Thanks :) now I just gotta get my custom acrylic fixture to hold the heatsink and LEDs :)

i must say that looks impressive....I would much prefer that over my rig job of the stock lights, but i'm not too DIY inclined.

• 2 weeks later...
i must say that looks impressive....I would much prefer that over my rig job of the stock lights, but i'm not too DIY inclined.

thanks! i wasnt either but i got it done!

anyway update:

i ordered a bunch of stuff from reefcleaners yesterday, payed for express mail it was guaranteed by usps to be at my house by 3pm today April 19, i haven't received it, so i called usps. they told me it's not arriving today and its still in transit somewhere. the guy told me that ill get a full shipping refund, and said it will be at my house tomorrow =/ what crap! -_-

I'm sure they'll pull through. Sucks though...-_-

:angry: i know, i was waiting all day, and i worked all light night, so instead of sleeping i kept up waiting haha

Drift Monkey
:angry: i know, i was waiting all day, and i worked all light night, so instead of sleeping i kept up waiting haha

Ah, the excitement of the CUC... :lol:

Ah, the excitement of the CUC... :lol:

not even the excitement, im just late with adding one, my tank could really use it. and without a cuc i cant move forward ;)

so my CUC all came today! deff a lot more than i ordered! awesome awesome awesome as always from reefcleaners! the gorgonian i got is also pretty sweet! nice purple color!

Drift Monkey
so my CUC all came today! deff a lot more than i ordered! awesome awesome awesome as always from reefcleaners! the gorgonian i got is also pretty sweet! nice purple color!

non-sideways/non-tiff pics required! :P

non-sideways/non-tiff pics required! :P

:P as soon as i clean the tank up a little and have no algae on the glass, ill take some pics! the gorgonian is awesome, its a purple color with white polyps, but i dont know if it is photosynthetic or not =/ i emailed reefcleaners to find out haha, my chaeto on the other hand came in the a ball, as soon as i put it in my tank, it disintegrated -_-

Drift Monkey
:P as soon as i clean the tank up a little and have no algae on the glass, ill take some pics! the gorgonian is awesome, its a purple color with white polyps, but i dont know if it is photosynthetic or not =/ i emailed reefcleaners to find out haha, my chaeto on the other hand came in the a ball, as soon as i put it in my tank, it disintegrated -_-

Same with my chaeto. I only have a few strands of it left I think...weird.

Same with my chaeto. I only have a few strands of it left I think...weird.

blahh, i ordered it to seed my tank with pods, as it said chaeto with pods, i didnt see any =(

and the chaeto is gone!

Drift Monkey
blahh, i ordered it to seed my tank with pods, as it said chaeto with pods, i didnt see any =(

and the chaeto is gone!

I did it for the same reason and I saw none in my chaeto either...I might try to find some chaeto locally so I can get some pod action going...

My sargassum is still alive though...did you remember to order a penny macro?

I did it for the same reason and I saw none in my chaeto either...I might try to find some chaeto locally so I can get some pod action going...

My sargassum is still alive though...did you remember to order a penny macro?

yes i did, i got a nice bunch of ulva as my penny macro =)

i just wish my chaeto had the pods in it, i dont even care that it disintegrated into nothing, but i bought it specifically just for the pods =(

my light fixture should be done by this weekend, i cant wait till i get it in the mail! will deff have lots of pics coming!

Drift Monkey
yes i did, i got a nice bunch of ulva as my penny macro =)

i just wish my chaeto had the pods in it, i dont even care that it disintegrated into nothing, but i bought it specifically just for the pods =(

my light fixture should be done by this weekend, i cant wait till i get it in the mail! will deff have lots of pics coming!

I know what you mean...a buncha guys here complain about how pods are everywhere in their tanks and looking for ways to control them and I got basically zero. :mellow:

Look forward to seeing the lights! B)

Archived