malibukay

My 5g Ecoxotic "EcoPico" New Pics/Question!

malibukay

i know i didnt post pics last night, been running a little busy, but i will soon

so quick update:

got the rest of my LEDs today, i thermal epoxied them to the heatsink, which wasnt an issue. the real problem came to when i had to solder -_- after trying multiple times with no luck, i gave up. im just going to have to wait till i can ask my father to do it for me lol

kinda wish i went with a PAR bulb <_<

malibukay

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

:lol: super bright!

post-53288-1302364896_thumb.jpg

malibukay

=p

=p

post-53288-1302366844_thumb.jpg

Drift Monkey

Still sittin' sidewayz! Looks good though!

Edited by Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey
any better ;)?

It's a .tiff! :slap:

malibukay
It's a .tiff! :slap:

why cant you view tiff? idk how else to do it so it is right way, and not tiff. lol

Drift Monkey
why cant you view tiff? idk how else to do it so it is right way, and not tiff. lol

I can view tiff...but I have to download and open it. I'm lazy! ;)

2ih8hg9.jpg

That's how it's done! :haha:

malibukay
I can view tiff...but I have to download and open it. I'm lazy! ;)

2ih8hg9.jpg

That's how it's done! :haha:

:D

haha thanks

alfiefive
:D

haha thanks

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

malibukay
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks :) now I just gotta get my custom acrylic fixture to hold the heatsink and LEDs :)

alaskan84
Thanks :) now I just gotta get my custom acrylic fixture to hold the heatsink and LEDs :)

i must say that looks impressive....I would much prefer that over my rig job of the stock lights, but i'm not too DIY inclined.

malibukay
i must say that looks impressive....I would much prefer that over my rig job of the stock lights, but i'm not too DIY inclined.

thanks! i wasnt either but i got it done!

anyway update:

i ordered a bunch of stuff from reefcleaners yesterday, payed for express mail it was guaranteed by usps to be at my house by 3pm today April 19, i haven't received it, so i called usps. they told me it's not arriving today and its still in transit somewhere. the guy told me that ill get a full shipping refund, and said it will be at my house tomorrow =/ what crap! -_-

Drift Monkey

I'm sure they'll pull through. Sucks though...-_-

malibukay
I'm sure they'll pull through. Sucks though...-_-

:angry: i know, i was waiting all day, and i worked all light night, so instead of sleeping i kept up waiting haha

Drift Monkey
:angry: i know, i was waiting all day, and i worked all light night, so instead of sleeping i kept up waiting haha

Ah, the excitement of the CUC... :lol:

malibukay
Ah, the excitement of the CUC... :lol:

not even the excitement, im just late with adding one, my tank could really use it. and without a cuc i cant move forward ;)

malibukay

so my CUC all came today! deff a lot more than i ordered! awesome awesome awesome as always from reefcleaners! the gorgonian i got is also pretty sweet! nice purple color!

Drift Monkey
so my CUC all came today! deff a lot more than i ordered! awesome awesome awesome as always from reefcleaners! the gorgonian i got is also pretty sweet! nice purple color!

non-sideways/non-tiff pics required! :P

malibukay
non-sideways/non-tiff pics required! :P

:P as soon as i clean the tank up a little and have no algae on the glass, ill take some pics! the gorgonian is awesome, its a purple color with white polyps, but i dont know if it is photosynthetic or not =/ i emailed reefcleaners to find out haha, my chaeto on the other hand came in the a ball, as soon as i put it in my tank, it disintegrated -_-

Drift Monkey
:P as soon as i clean the tank up a little and have no algae on the glass, ill take some pics! the gorgonian is awesome, its a purple color with white polyps, but i dont know if it is photosynthetic or not =/ i emailed reefcleaners to find out haha, my chaeto on the other hand came in the a ball, as soon as i put it in my tank, it disintegrated -_-

Same with my chaeto. I only have a few strands of it left I think...weird.

malibukay
Same with my chaeto. I only have a few strands of it left I think...weird.

blahh, i ordered it to seed my tank with pods, as it said chaeto with pods, i didnt see any =(

and the chaeto is gone!

Drift Monkey
blahh, i ordered it to seed my tank with pods, as it said chaeto with pods, i didnt see any =(

and the chaeto is gone!

I did it for the same reason and I saw none in my chaeto either...I might try to find some chaeto locally so I can get some pod action going...

My sargassum is still alive though...did you remember to order a penny macro?

malibukay
I did it for the same reason and I saw none in my chaeto either...I might try to find some chaeto locally so I can get some pod action going...

My sargassum is still alive though...did you remember to order a penny macro?

yes i did, i got a nice bunch of ulva as my penny macro =)

i just wish my chaeto had the pods in it, i dont even care that it disintegrated into nothing, but i bought it specifically just for the pods =(

my light fixture should be done by this weekend, i cant wait till i get it in the mail! will deff have lots of pics coming!

Drift Monkey
yes i did, i got a nice bunch of ulva as my penny macro =)

i just wish my chaeto had the pods in it, i dont even care that it disintegrated into nothing, but i bought it specifically just for the pods =(

my light fixture should be done by this weekend, i cant wait till i get it in the mail! will deff have lots of pics coming!

I know what you mean...a buncha guys here complain about how pods are everywhere in their tanks and looking for ways to control them and I got basically zero. :mellow:

Look forward to seeing the lights! B)