Cultivated Reef

My 5g Ecoxotic "EcoPico" New Pics/Question!

malibukay

Hey hows the tank going?

Have you made a decision on whether you need those two frags from me?

It is fine if you are waiting for the tank to settle or your lighting to kick in; i do not have to ship next week.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey hows the tank going?

Have you made a decision on whether you need those two frags from me?

It is fine if you are waiting for the tank to settle or your lighting to kick in; i do not have to ship next week.

hey, tank is going great, everything is slowly coming together. i should have my mp10 and fixture this week. im still interested, i just want to get everything else in order first, is that ok?

that is a pretty cool aquarium. Do you have any updates or pictures?

hey thanks, ill have tons of pics posted this week just waiting for my light fixture and mp10 to get here, i also gotta clean the glass a little -_- wish i had a nimble nano lol!

Drift Monkey
hey thanks, ill have tons of pics posted this week just waiting for my light fixture and mp10 to get here, i also gotta clean the glass a little -_- wish i had a nimble nano lol!

My nimble nano is awesome! :P

nimble nano is kinda weak IMO, you'd probably be better of with a nano mag. those are a flat pad (the circular handle is the part thats on the outside of the tank).

I use my nimble nano on my pico and it barely keeps the glass clean, not very strong against tough algae and coralline.

nimble nano is kinda weak IMO, you'd probably be better of with a nano mag. those are a flat pad (the circular handle is the part thats on the outside of the tank).

I use my nimble nano on my pico and it barely keeps the glass clean, not very strong against tough algae and coralline.

i was thinking about buying one of those, locally no store sells them guess id have to order online haha

i was thinking about buying one of those, locally no store sells them guess id have to order online haha

I can second the nano mag....I've got 4 of them, even use one on my 55 gallon acrylic and love it. Although it wont take off corraline(will any magnet?) it seems to do the best on algae and is flexible to round corners!

I can second the nano mag....I've got 4 of them, even use one on my 55 gallon acrylic and love it. Although it wont take off corraline(will any magnet?) it seems to do the best on algae and is flexible to round corners!

guess ill get one, haha anyone have an extra lying around theyd like to sell?

ok it probably cant take older growth of coralline, but it is stronger than the nimble nano I think?

I havent tried a nimble nano....only had mag floats here and I am pretty certain that the mag float has scratched my glass...something about the nano-mag feels much better and safer

I havent tried a nimble nano....only had mag floats here and I am pretty certain that the mag float has scratched my glass...something about the nano-mag feels much better and safer

i dont like mag floats, too bulky

rofl indeed.too many a time i have crashed the floating portion into a coral frag or have dislodged rock work because of its fatness...

Drift Monkey

Shoulda got the super like me. Tsk tsk. :P It's great...and my tank pics prove it!

super what? there is a super nano mag, super nimble nano, or super mag float? We are talking about too many here lol. Which one did you mean/have?

Drift Monkey
super what? there is a super nano mag, super nimble nano, or super mag float? We are talking about too many here lol. Which one did you mean/have?

Only taking about the one I referred to in my quote of you. Nimble Super! ;)

well i just ordered a nimble today since they started taking orders again, its supposed to be even better than before so thought id give it a shot haha

anyway my mp10 and light fixture should arrive tomorrow!!! cant wait!

im currently at work right now till about 8am in the morning, and im back to work tomorrow night as well, im gonna see if i can push my hours back a little so i could atleast get some sleep and then wake up to my goodies at my doorstep! hopefully ill have lots of pics up tomorrow :scarry:

Drift Monkey
anyway my mp10 and light fixture should arrive tomorrow!!! cant wait!

I have a mp10es chillin' around...kinda tempted to stick it in the pico until I get the other tank. :P

I don't wanna ruin it's freshness though! :lol:

I have a mp10es chillin' around...kinda tempted to stick it in the pico until I get the other tank. :P

I don't wanna ruin it's freshness though! :lol:

do it!

anyway, got the light fixture today, not the mp10, guess itll be here tomorrow.

im happy with the fixture itself, i just feel like i cant get my wires under control and its taking away from the clean look -_-

post-53288-1303944401_thumb.jpg

post-53288-1303944439_thumb.jpg

Archived