ReefCleaners.org

My 5g Ecoxotic "EcoPico" New Pics/Question!

malibukay

heres a few pics of how it looks right now, i havent really had an algae bloom? :huh:

yes i am =) i got motivation from glazer, and i figured once its finished ill have the satisfaction knowing for once i did something DIY :happy:

another one...

wow, this is gunna be real nice i like that scape..and as for glazer, he's the man! but i stay away from diy lol..i'm one of the new age, hands-are-good-for-nothing-physical, kind of kids lol.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, this is gunna be real nice i like that scape..and as for glazer, he's the man! but i stay away from diy lol..i'm one of the new age, hands-are-good-for-nothing-physical, kind of kids lol.

haha same here! thats why i needed motivation! i almost gave up, im not good at anything like this -_-

great job concealing the wires :D

scape looks great!

thanks =) i deff like your one rock, it makes everything easier!

its been 2 weeks, and still no diatom bloom? is it possible i only had a mini cycle? since all the rock was dry rock and only one piece was LR already cured from my dads tank?

i also used some of his water

haha same here! thats why i needed motivation! i almost gave up, im not good at anything like this -_-

Oh sweet so you're gunna make my LED fixture next? Followed by Glazer's box and I put it all together by my self? That's what I call diy B)

Oh sweet so you're gunna make my LED fixture next? Followed by Glazer's box and I put it all together by my self? That's what I call diy B)

haha :happy:

so should i go ahead and add a CUC this week? or should i do a small water change first?

do the water change on the day you get the CUC. so that you can change back in all the water used in acclimation plus more.

I had to turn my head sideways to look are you FTSs. :haha: Looks good!

yes, I almost broke my monitor trying to take a better look >_<

yes, I almost broke my monitor trying to take a better look >_<

sorry guys haha, took them with my iphone i guess sideways or something, next time theyll be upright :happy:

do the water change on the day you get the CUC. so that you can change back in all the water used in acclimation plus more.

alright! so i found out the stupid guy from ebay just shipped out my white CREEs today and i paid literally 9 days ago, i said screw it im ordering the rest off rapidled :angry:

Drift Monkey
sorry guys haha, took them with my iphone i guess sideways or something, next time theyll be upright :happy:

alright! so i found out the stupid guy from ebay just shipped out my white CREEs today and i paid literally 9 days ago, i said screw it im ordering the rest off rapidled :angry:

You coulda at least moved them back right side up! :P

More waiting...-_-

I really like your scape! I love the Eco Pico but I hate that the light has to be upgraded cause it's really not strong enough. I'm interested to see how your led build goes. As far as the diatom bloom I never really had one either. I used mostly base rock with a couple live rock pieces and I never really had an algae bloom. Newman could be right about you might getting your bloom once you add a cuc.

I really like your scape! I love the Eco Pico but I hate that the light has to be upgraded cause it's really not strong enough. I'm interested to see how your led build goes. As far as the diatom bloom I never really had one either. I used mostly base rock with a couple live rock pieces and I never really had an algae bloom. Newman could be right about you might getting your bloom once you add a cuc.

Thank you! Yeh of I knew I would have never bought it :/ I would have just bought a Ada cube and everything else separate. The filter it comes with sucks too :( lol

Yeah we have one set up at the lfs I work at and the light is pretty much worthless. It would be perfect with a par bulb above it. Oh well, looks like you're on the right track with doing a diy led setup.

Yeah we have one set up at the lfs I work at and the light is pretty much worthless. It would be perfect with a par bulb above it. Oh well, looks like you're on the right track with doing a diy led setup.

Yeh I can't wait to just get the rest of my lights haha

just checked my water parameters:

Temp: 76.0

Salinity: 1.026

Nitrate: 0

Nitrite: 0

Ammonia: 0

pH: 8.2

:happy:

Archived