ReefCleaners.org

Pico Reef Jar

AnthonyPf

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a white candy cane. I have a neon green one at home and a white/blue one at work.

Look to the earlier pictures and see it has always been that color.

Taking pics under the LED does change the color a bit.

yes it has something to do with the camera's white balance. normal camera settings usually cant pick up the good colors under the LEDs. i see about the white color of the coral. but whats with the 4 other lamps? what do they do again?

The other 4 lamps are the original lamps I had on the tank. Originally I did not have the PAR38.

I added the PAR38 lamp and still had some dark sections on the sides of the tank so I added back the original lamps.

Kind of cool looking and the light seems nice.

• 5 weeks later...

this is one to keep tracked. Im interested in seeing the algae loading, have you been able to keep it at bay with the bright up close lighting and how the corals are doing. a lot of work went into this one lets see it

Got the jar at TJ Max. Discount rack for $5.

I only top off twice a week. The lid keeps evap to a minimum. Other than a 2 cup water change daily this has been the easiest tank to take care of.

Just added a mini max nem and red mushroom. Pics will follow shortly....

New Red Mushroom

6033137883_e85f3ab148_m.jpg

This is a mini max from my tank at home. He split and I took one half for the Reef Jar at work:

6033138215_b596a3c8e2_m.jpg

The nem has moved to each corner of the tank. Trying to find a good spot I guess.

I also added a Rainbow Monti. Note the dead spot was there when I bought it.

6033160965_057a5df569_m.jpg

its worth it to see the overall detail. you want some coralline in that bad boy or not? it looks nice tho, no cleaning/scraping hassles. a real good tank, daily water changes are why!

Boy it is a quiet day in the land of pico reefs....I think I can hear crickets.

I am sure you can liven this area up with some pictures.

Well a friend of mine is shutting down his tank and gave me this red (really pink right now) mushroom:

6060295154_8b63369eaa_z.jpg

It is kind of banged up. I think I will bring it to my home tank and get it back to full health before keeping it in my pico.

Half dead stuff + pico = disaster

Well a friend of mine is shutting down his tank and gave me this red (really pink right now) mushroom:

6060295154_8b63369eaa_z.jpg

It is kind of banged up. I think I will bring it to my home tank and get it back to full health before keeping it in my pico.

Half dead stuff + pico = disaster

I like the color of it, very nice

Thanks! I came in to work this morning and the tank was almost 88 degrees!!!!

I might have bleached one of the acros and the torch. Sot the torch might be torched.

Seems the building manager was on vacation this weekend and no one started up the AC.

Will have to wait and see how things recover.

thats devastating Ive heard of that happening from other friends.

Office environments are the hardest place to maintain a pico above all, cuz you don't have control from 5pm to 8 lol but really my friend PD has her workplace temp assaulted sometimes because in the winters they cut the heater down to like 50 some odd degrees at night to save money but still maintain just enough heat to keep pipes structured.

Her pico fights abnormally low temps in winter and abnormally high temps in summer. 1 year in an office for a 3 gallon pico is like 2 years consistent running in the home in terms of challenge

• 3 weeks later...

Archived