Pod Your Reef

The 29g Mixed Reef is No More..

nor_cal_nano

You have a AC50 for your filter on that tank? Never thought to you a HOB filter.

I have the same tank with a canister filter and I HATE maintenance on my filter. I have a spare AC70... I can use it on my tank as the only filter, correct?

Yes indeed. I'd use an AC70 if I could but my light fixture is too low and hits the filter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nor_cal_nano
Wow those colonies are ridiculous nor cal.. what type of SPS is that?

Thank you muchly.

scripps_pink_millepora.jpg

According to mrcoral.com

nor_cal_nano

Thing must be about 7x10". Wish I had a sump and skimmer. I imagine the color would be a lot better. Although it does look better in person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
nor_cal_nano

Thanks guys. I actually spent some time and tried to capture some decent photos for once. I got a few that turned out pretty good. Make sure to check back. Should have them up in a few days.

nor_cal_nano

Thanks!

Heater stuck on. Pretty sure I'm going to lose the torch. Everything else is okay. Sps look okay but no PE at the moment.

Spirofucci

Congrats Nor Cal!!! I love how you let those pieces grow, not too many people can do that in a nano. Just beautiful.

Congrats ! Beautiful tank.

I have one question if you don't mind, what brand of salt are you using?

nor_cal_nano

:blush: Ahhh thanks guys.

Congrats ! Beautiful tank.

I have one question if you don't mind, what brand of salt are you using?

No problem at all. Thanks for asking. This thread doesn't get a whole lot of love. Lol.

I use seachem reef salt...not the marine salt.

nor_cal_nano

Funny thing is..while I was writing up the profile and filling out the equipment list, I was thinking "oh #### I'm gonna get a good flaming for this stealth pro heater in there". Well, after 3 years of use, the heater stuck on the next day while I was at work! The tank got up to 87* and really pissed some stuff off. Thank god I had taken a few FtSs before. That wouldve been a nightmare.

I use seachem reef salt...not the marine salt.

Okay I use the same salt but was thinking to change to another brand. A huge thread on RC discuses different salts and their levels of various elements etc. Seachem still keeps their boron levels higher than NSW level. Maybe there is something to this. I am not overly particular with salt brands in general since I dose quite a bit. I was interested in what salt you use primarily since you rely on it 100% (without additional dosing). You are making me rethink things. That's good, thanks.

nor_cal_nano

That's the funny thing about reefkeeping in general. There's so many variables, its hard to make changes you know will be for the better.

Archived