Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The 29g Mixed Reef is No More..

nor_cal_nano

I'd love to but there's no way I'm gunna try installing bulkheads on this beast while it's running. And using a hob overflow would look like shizz :(

When I move next year I'm going to swap tanks and run it with a sump.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatt's wrong with a HOB overflow?! :angry::P

you could get coral to grow on it, or wait for coraline.

but if you're getting a new tank in a year, i guess i woudn't bother with it either. tank is nice the way it is.

I've just been keeping up with water changes. The tests I have for Ca and Alk are expired so I don't trust the readings, and thus, don't track them. I really don't feel like dropping the cash for new tests right now. Things seem to be trucking along just fine as is.

• 3 weeks later...
nor_cal_nano

Thanks a lot. They look a bit richer in person. My camera + noob photography skills tend to wash them out a bit.

• 5 weeks later...
im guessing not much has changed?

Not much. Added an emerald crab...that I never get to see. :(

I'm getting excellent growth from my SPS. I'll snap a pic here soon.

Cool set up NorCal.

Thanks, Patrick!

Nope, no dosing. I haven't tested for Ca, Kh, pH in ages cuz I don't trust my kit. I think it's 2+ years old now.

I use seachem reef salt. I may start dosing in the future when those colonies start sucking up more calcium.

• 4 weeks later...
Is that green monti a neon color? If so, I want a frag. :happy:

You have dremel or something to trim a few pieces off? Come over with it and I'll give ya a piece. I might have something else for ya too. The color of the encrusting one to the front is the best.

Looks really nice. That cap is crazy.

Thanks a lot man.

Oh, and see the OP to get a quick side by side of the growth over the past month or two.

You free Mon. - Thursday? I'm off those days. But yeah, I have a dremel (bought it and never had a use for it after using it for a car project. glad reefing has a use for it.) I can swing by next week. I'll text you on Monday or something.

I'm off Thursday. That would probably be best. Text me around monday or something and we'll try to set something up. I wanna drain it down past the coral then cut it with the dremel? Not sure if that's what people normally do but it seems like a good idea to me...

I would do that but I'm afraid of not controlling where it breaks :(

I want it to be a cleanish line if you know what I mean.

I would do that but I'm afraid of not controlling where it breaks :(

I want it to be a cleanish line if you know what I mean.

That's exactly how I am.. I like clean lines.. or as clean as possible.

Yeah. If I just snap it its gonna look like #### for a couple months. :(

I gotta figure something out though. It's almost touching the front glass!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived