Innovative Marine Aquariums

The 29g Mixed Reef is No More..

nor_cal_nano

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow looks great norcal your sps growth is insane....love the hawkfish in that pic as well.

Thanks hype. Thats very flattering coming from you.

I'm really happy with the growth from my sps. On my next tank, I think Ill be giving up softies altogether and LPS for the most part.

Really? Lol. Its kinda fussy sometimes. I don't think it likes the high flow there but I really don't have anywhere else to put it.

Great tank, awesome growth!

Thankee. Anybody have ideas as to how to cut an even inch or two off the encrusting monti. I want to cut around the entire edge and have a cleanish line

• 2 weeks later...
nor_cal_nano

DSC_1086.jpg

DSC_1092.jpg

DSC_1097.jpg

DSC_1122.jpg

DSC_1140.jpg

Did some accidental fragging during my last WC. Broke off a nice sized chunk from the encrusting monti.

nor_cal_nano

The island on the right looks like ####. I've been thinking of selling off all the coral on that side and getting a nice sized nem of some sort.

nor_cal_nano

Well, I was gunna cross my fingers AND say a prayer. Think it's a bad idea or what? Some don't like to walk across the sand right? Will the separate islands be enough of a deterrent?

up top, that table acro. how long have you had that thing? do you have any other acros?

If you check the OP, you can see the growth by date. It's been in there since I started the tank in February or March.

what are that thing?

Don't worry about him. He's just jelly cuz his tank makes it look like he's got a hard-on for the five dollar frag bin. LMAO.

@Evanski- stay in school, brah'. Looks like you still haven't gotten the basics of English down.

Wha do you think of your hawkfish

I love him. He's a great fish with a lot of personality. Always on the move. Even when I watch him after lights out.

Man your tank is still one of my favorites, lol I dunno what it is but its the sex

:lol: Thanks a lot man. I'm thinking about moving all of the contents over to 40b. I should be able to keep the scape fairly intact. That's what I'm worried about most and its making me a little apprehensive about the upgrade.

mash some reef putty in between the separations of rock and pick it up as a whole :D - might have to deal with looking at the ugly reef putty for a while though

This is a pic of the 40b. Drilled at the bottom with dual overflows. Not sure I should pull the trigger just yet...

2011-12-17194431.jpg

mash some reef putty in between the separations of rock and pick it up as a whole :D - might have to deal with looking at the ugly reef putty for a while though

That's not a bad idea. I could put the right island back together. It's the left I'm worried about. Thanks for the tip man.

The tank is resting on a granite top. I'm not crazy about the height of the canopy. I feel like its a bit to tall. I'd probably trim it down a good 6" or so.

Archived