Pod Your Reef

The 29g Mixed Reef is No More..

nor_cal_nano

Yea I would be worried about the left one too- the right one looks simple. But Im sure a tube of reef putty if you get it in a couple spots each rock and then do a 2 person move(unless your he-man) of the structure, the reef putty should hold it stabily together (as long as the bottom is all one rock) if not then remove your right rock structure and slide a piece of Lexan under it after its been puttied...thats what I would try anyway.

Keep us posted! that 40 looks nice!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. It needs the overflows replaced and a sump/plumbing constructed. Not sure I want to take on that big of a project right now.

I was thinking of using this 29g for a sump..watcha all think?

Got a new phone; Samsung G alaxy s2.

Heres a practice run with my photobucket app. Shows the fragging of my green plating monti.

2012-01-28102917.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I think the upgrade will be pretty sweet. It would give you a lot more room for growth.

Guy sold it before I got back to him. Kind of bummed out but it was my fault for stalling.

It needed the overflows replaced anyway.

Thanks again for the Monti, I had WAY too much, I broke up one piece and glued it down to my rock and I might just take the other piece to a LFS.

Do you know the name on the Monti? I've never seen one that is that shade of green. As I said once before, I think the Monti along with the large colony of SPS up top really makes this tank. Nice job!

Your mixed reef is what I hope to have resemble. The different mix of hard coral with the softies, throw in a clam, modest amount of rock allowing swimming room for the fish, making it look natural and larger then the tank really is. Wow is what comes to mind.

I have a couple questions to pick your brain. One is what is the setting you use on your MP10 and tha placement of it? Meaning how many inches from the front of the tank and how many inches from the top? And last what would you say the color temperature of you lighting is? Thanks for any help.

Do you know the name on the Monti? I've never seen one that is that shade of green. As I said once before, I think the Monti along with the large colony of SPS up top really makes this tank. Nice job!

The monti cap right? I'm not sure but I've seen it around at a couple lfs around here. The color is nothing special imo. Thanks again for the compliments. Your tank has really inspired me. With my next build, I intend to take more time in the planning and design phase and really do things right from the get go. Id really llike to copy your equipment panel idea.

Your mixed reef is what I hope to have resemble. The different mix of hard coral with the softies, throw in a clam, modest amount of rock allowing swimming room for the fish, making it look natural and larger then the tank really is. Wow is what comes to mind.

I have a couple questions to pick your brain. One is what is the setting you use on your MP10 and tha placement of it? Meaning how many inches from the front of the tank and how many inches from the top? And last what would you say the color temperature of you lighting is? Thanks for any help.

Thanks a lot.

I use the reefcrest setting at about 90%. I also have it on night mode from 12a-8a. The center of the mp10 is about 4" back from the front pane and about 4" down from the top. It blows right at the front of the millepora colony and the HOB hits the colony from the top. It creates a nice random swirling flow in that spot and the mille really seems to like it.

I can't really say with certainty since I've never owned a MH setup, but I'd say the color temp is somewhere in the 12,000k-14,000k range. I've tried another blue+ in place of the fiji purp and it was WAY to blue for me.

Thanks for the questions and comments.

I think the color in my sig is really close to how it actually appears.

Great growth pattern on that millie. i would like to get pink and blue millies for my larger tank.

Did you use to have a different avatar? A GIF of a guy laughing? If so , Who was that?

I don't really go shopping for this tank anymore. :( All of the coral either came with the tank or were transferred from my bioucube.

I used to do most of my shopping with Dennis at h2o exclusives.

• 2 weeks later...

You have a AC50 for your filter on that tank? Never thought to you a HOB filter.

I have the same tank with a canister filter and I HATE maintenance on my filter. I have a spare AC70... I can use it on my tank as the only filter, correct?

Archived