ReefCleaners.org

The 29g Mixed Reef is No More..

nor_cal_nano

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nor_cal_nano
Subscribed. Looking great. I find these tanks hard to scape, but you pulled it off very well.

Thanks. I wish I had epoxy'd the rock or made them more permanent structures....moving this is going to be a ##### and I'll probably never get it back to where I like it. Fortunately I'll still be at this apartment for another year.

Tank is looking great man! I've been debating back and forth between a Flame Hawk and a Midas Blenny and you've got me leaning back towards the Hawkfish.

He's (she I think?) a great fish. Surprised I don't see them that often...

Thanks. I wish I had epoxy'd the rock or made them more permanent structures....moving this is going to be a ##### and I'll probably never get it back to where I like it. Fortunately I'll still be at this apartment for another year.

I hear ya. I'm moving in a few weeks and out of all the stresses of a new house, I'm dreading moving the tank the most.

nor_cal_nano
I hear ya. I'm moving in a few weeks and out of all the stresses of a new house, I'm dreading moving the tank the most.

Wow dude. Good luck. I'm glad you got TOTM when you did...

If I still lived in Redding, I'd give you a hand. It's always nice having someone who knows reefs help out with the move. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WOW! That looks GREAT! Are you only running the AC50? That is your only type of filtration? How often do you do a water change? How often do you change your media in the AC50? Great looking tank.

Looks great so far! Subscribed. I like the scape.

Thanks!

How's your reef doing?

It's trucking along. Haven't been adding anything new, just waiting for everything to grow in. I'll post some pics of the growth in a sec.

WOW! That looks GREAT! Are you only running the AC50? That is your only type of filtration? How often do you do a water change? How often do you change your media in the AC50? Great looking tank.

Thanks a lot. Yeah, just the AC50. My water change schedule varies greatly. I try to do a 10 gallon change once every 2 weeks. Sometimes it goes longer and I do a 13 gallon or so change. I run filter floss occasionally, along with 5 tbsp of BRS's bitumonous (sp?) carbon and 6 tbsp of GFO.

Btw, thanks for popping in guys and giving me some motivation to start updating my thread :happy:

For comparison... this was in March of this year.

DSC_2469.jpg

FTS 9-3-2011

DSC_0600.jpg

Some random shots

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

DSC_0625.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

DSC_0612.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

Lastly, some coral warfare.

DSC_0624.jpg

What should I do here? Let them have it out? I feel like I might lose one of the colonies if this keeps up..

Thanks buddy. I've been thinking of swapping out my softies and clam for some SPS colonies. The SPS is growing really well for me while the majority of my softies are barely getting any growth.

holy chit :o

that brain is amazing! and so are your montis

Thankee.

Been thinking about adding one more small fish. What do you guys think?

i think you could, if your Na/phos are at 0

mebeh a shrimp goby pair? but i dunno about that with you big brain on the sandbed, and hawk might eat the shrimp if too small

how about a priolepis goby? make use of all the caves you have.

or a small wrasse, like a possum or a pink-streaked.

^ would also like the caves

im not sure about the clown goby. for some reason i want to say the green one is more coral safe...maybe i read that somewhere a long time ago but im not sure lol.

what's that white tube in your tank?

You mean in the upper left? Those are the float switches for my ato. I've been wanting to paint them black but it sounds like a pain in the ass.

Archived