inTank Media Baskets

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

I thought you were a crazy time traveler there for a second. :D

:lol:

Tanks Looks great, I guess you have some nominations for TOTM, I am going to have to second those!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So sorry for that, Gena. We had a death in my family over the weekend, an altogether bizarre and unhappy circumstance. It certainly takes the wind out of one's sails for a few days. I've been so slow this week, and it's only Wednesday! Thoughts, prayers, and warm wishes to you and your friend.

Thank you msscha!!!! I'm so sorry for your loss :( It certainly makes you take a step back and think about life when things like this happen. I'm just praying all will be ok. I spoke to her husband yesterday but we couldn't fully discuss it because the kids were there and they didn't know anything at that point. She's a strong lady so I have a lot of hope. I very much appreciate the prayers!

Tanks Looks great, I guess you have some nominations for TOTM, I am going to have to second those!

Noooo...Not yet :lol:

I was looking back at the TOTMs and none had algae ick like mine. I really need to get it cleared up first. It's like entering your home in the HOTM contest but it's full of dust and dirt :lol:

I promise I will get this cleared up for you guys :happy:

I thought you were a crazy time traveler there for a second. :D

It was just a typo!

Well L will be driving the truck :D ... not me. I will drive his honda accord.

Love the tank pictures, from past to present. Love the growth, etc ...

I guess you'll have to tow a vehicle then since you have two! It won't be so bad :)

Do you love your car again now that it has new brakes?

For the one year anniversary I've decided to do something drastic.

I've removed the mp10 from the tank. My reasoning is I really want to see how my mushrooms respond to less flow. They were the inspiration for this tank and I've had very little success with them :(

I think I'll see what it does to the tank after a couple of months before I decide whether or not to put it back on. My only concern is the pink birdsnest. I hope there will be enough flow for it without the mp10.

nevermore1701
For the one year anniversary I've decided to do something drastic.

I've removed the mp10 from the tank. My reasoning is I really want to see how my mushrooms respond to less flow. They were the inspiration for this tank and I've had very little success with them :(

I think I'll see what it does to the tank after a couple of months before I decide whether or not to put it back on. My only concern is the pink birdsnest. I hope there will be enough flow for it without the mp10.

See my latest few posts on my thread, removing the Koralia has done just amazing things for my shrooms!

See my latest few posts on my thread, removing the Koralia has done just amazing things for my shrooms!

You were actually part of my inspiration for doing this!!!! :happy:

You don't want mine, Joel. It's the old-fashioned blue box model :lol:

I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. It's such a cool toy that I know I will use again!!!!!!

So far, looking at the tank, I'm not seeing a huge difference in flow. Probably cuz I had the mp10 on such a low setting. But, the good thing is, my cloves and Sunny D's aren't getting blasted anymore.

nevermore1701
You don't want mine, Joel. It's the old-fashioned blue box model :lol:

I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. It's such a cool toy that I know I will use again!!!!!!

So far, looking at the tank, I'm not seeing a huge difference in flow. Probably cuz I had the mp10 on such a low setting. But, the good thing is, my cloves and Sunny D's aren't getting blasted anymore.

You'll probably have to rotate the nozzle a bit to get it fine tuned, but I have the feeling you'll see a difference in 3-4 days.

WOW!!!! I can't believe you got all that growth in one year. (well you are the godess of fertility)

OK no more excuses, TOTM and we won't take no for an answer.

I was going to say how you had awesome growth the past few months but the Goddess of Fertility sounds much better. I love seeing progressions! Looks great :)

I was going to say how you had awesome growth the past few months but the Goddess of Fertility sounds much better. I love seeing progressions! Looks great :)

Thank you Ethan!!!! I like the sounds of that too....as long as it's the tank with the fertility explosion and not me :lol:

Thank you, Eric!!!! That's right.....I remember we started our tanks around the same time :happy:

_________

So far I'm seeing positive results from removing the mp10. My cloves are opening again as well as the palys that were right under the pump. I figured they hated the flow!!!!!!!

My tank looks bigger without it as well!

I'm a bit late, but Happy Birthday Gena's tank!!! It looks gorgeous as usual. :D I hope mine looks even half that nice when its turns a year old.

Thanks, Felicia!!!!!!

I have to say...I'm really happy with my decision to remove the mp10. The birdsnest looks even happier this morning as well. I don't think I've ever seen it so "fluffy" before :happy:

My tank is noticeably quieter too. I guess I never realized the sounds coming from the mp10!

The only advise i can give if you ever want to put the MP10 back on is to use the foam cover that comes with it. It can calm the flow down quite a bit but u have to remember to clean it often :flower:

The only advise i can give if you ever want to put the MP10 back on is to use the foam cover that comes with it. It can calm the flow down quite a bit but u have to remember to clean it often :flower:

Hi, Eric :waves:

I was using the foam guard all along for my gobies. I'm going to enjoy not having to clean it all the time :)

You still liking the tank without the MP10 today? How's everything responding?

As of yesterday....oh YES!!!! It looked great. Lights will be on in about 10 minutes but I really can't determine happiness for another few hours after lights are on.

Today's agenda involves a trip to the LFS to get more shrimpies for my FW and whatever else might float my boat :lol:

Picture time. I took these the other day but didn't post them since I had so many birthday photos that same day. I didn't want to over-load the thread :lol:

rics2-8-12.jpg

My one and only SUPER SLOW growing blasto

blasto.jpg

bird2-8-12.jpg

shrimp-3.jpg

Hmmm the blue box can be upgraded w/ the new es driver....... ;) how high was it turned up?

Haha happy birthday tank....pfft I still got 10 months to go

Archived