Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That little cory :wub:

He definitely adds a lot of movement to the tank! Most of the time only 2 of my cardinals hang out front. The other 4 are always hiding in the back except when it's time to eat.

Thanks, guys!!!!!

Joel...I found the music you always use with your videos. I didn't use it for mine because it's kind of become your signature. Even though I love it so much :happy:

gena - your tanks are all looking so beautiful.

I've been off of NR for a while so I just got to read though the two months that I missed of your tank. OMG, what an amazing amount of growth and change! The ric garden is beautiful, and I especially loved the one year anniversary tank re-cap. Congrats, and happy belated birthday.

Absolutely one of my favorite tanks. Cheers :)

gena - your tanks are all looking so beautiful.

I've been off of NR for a while so I just got to read though the two months that I missed of your tank. OMG, what an amazing amount of growth and change! The ric garden is beautiful, and I especially loved the one year anniversary tank re-cap. Congrats, and happy belated birthday.

Absolutely one of my favorite tanks. Cheers :)

Thank you, pbj!!!!! I'm glad you are back :happy:

I didn't realize the changes and growth either until I really compared the photos. I have had crazy growth and didn't even realize it!!!!! I'm sure it has a lot to do with my double weekly water changes that I've been doing (and will continue to do).

________

Thanks Danielle, Ethan and Squared!!!!

Squared....I do not run carbon in my FW planted pico. I remember reading it's not recommended so I never did it. I'm having no problems with clarity and no problems with any algae!!!! I don't know why????? This tank has been a little dream (knock on wood)!!!!!

________

Unfortunate news.....

I'm losing my purple firefish. She was swimming funny, can't stay upright. She didn't eat for me today. I have her captured in a container right now. Trying to figure out what to do with her :( I really wish I had a quarantine tank set up!!!!! I know she won't make it. I'm thinking old age, but I really don't know. This is the first symptoms I've seen of trouble. Although she'd been hiding a lot more the last couple of weeks.

Joel is soooo right. Fish are a PITA. You can grow coral and trade it. Fish just die. I will not be replacing her. I'm more than happy with the 3 fish I have remaining and I think they are a perfect bioload for the small tank.

Sorry to hear. :( but welcome to the cynical side of things. Coral is a 1,000x better investment.

:lol:

FISH JUST DIE omgomgomg

I am feeling quite cynical today :happy:

Sorry to hear about the FF, at least yours lasted longer than mine <_<

Thanks....but look at you with that beautiful YWG!!!!! I couldn't keep mine alive!

:lol:

FISH JUST DIE omgomgomg

I am feeling quite cynical today :happy:

My father kept a huge aquarium. His favorite statement on the experience was "To know fish is to know death". Yep.

Gena, I'm so sorry to hear about the firefish. She was so pretty and seemed so healthy in your tank. I definitely get to feeling cynical when that kind of thing happens. Fish...

Sorry to hear. :( but welcome to the cynical side of things. Coral is a 1,000x better investment.

My father kept a huge aquarium. His favorite statement on the experience was "To know fish is to know death". Yep.

:P funny stuff. But I am sorry about your firefish.

When I got Bozo and Bailey the breeder said, "Now are you sure these are the ones you want? You could be passing these off to your grandkids. They can live to 40 years old!"

When I got Bozo and Bailey the breeder said, "Now are you sure these are the ones you want? You could be passing these off to your grandkids. They can live to 40 years old!"

He was exaggerating :lol:

Though I've had the most success with clownfish. They are incredibly resilient fish.

This is so true!!!!!!

Thanks, Felicia. That firefish was so incredibly healthy. Even today she wasn't skinny at all. A very nice colorful healthy specimen. I have no idea what went wrong!!!!!!

Congrats on the 1 year birthday of your tank! The month by month pictures you had were cool. You can definitely see the growth and the changes in each picture! I absolutely love your ricordea garden! They look amazing! Are any of your corals hosting your clownfish? I was thinking about getting a neon green toadstool just for the clownfish.

PS: Sorry about your firefish. You know, my cousin just told me that they're selling a gorgeous Helfrichi firefish at Rainbow for a ridiculously good price, if you ever plan on getting a replacement.

Thanks, Felicia. That firefish was so incredibly healthy. Even today she wasn't skinny at all. A very nice colorful healthy specimen. I have no idea what went wrong!!!!!!

At least you didn't have to watch her suffer for a while, and it sounds like it may have just been old age.

Archived