Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

surgicalsense

:o sorry about the FF.

... on another note. I have stomellas I can give you. It now appears the have begun to multiply. Slowly but it is happening ;)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on the 1 year birthday of your tank! The month by month pictures you had were cool. You can definitely see the growth and the changes in each picture! I absolutely love your ricordea garden! They look amazing! Are any of your corals hosting your clownfish? I was thinking about getting a neon green toadstool just for the clownfish.

PS: Sorry about your firefish. You know, my cousin just told me that they're selling a gorgeous Helfrichi firefish at Rainbow for a ridiculously good price, if you ever plan on getting a replacement.

Thanks!!!! I'll check out your new thread in a few too. So glad you got one started :happy:

I'm not going to replace the FF. I actually think she was too big for my tank anyways. They say 10 gallons but I don't have the length that a standard 10 gallon tank has, with my NC12. She always looked so huge in there. Which also leads me to thinking old age. I saw some tiny purple FF at my LFS the other day. Mine was like 5x as big as those!!!!!

She was a beautiful girl. Such beautiful colors. I would get another if I had a larger tank. Sadly she hid most of the time. I hate to say it, but I don't even notice she's not there because she pretty much NEVER came out!!!!

:o sorry about the FF.

... on another note. I have stomellas I can give you. It now appears the have begun to multiply. Slowly but it is happening ;)

Ohhh... I would LOVE some stomatellas!!!!! We can do a swap when you get the monti. When do you want to do that????

surgicalsense

Keep the monti .... with this move coming up I have completed stopped purchasing/stocking my tank. I would rather see it thrive in your tank... looks prettier there anyways.

I will fish them stomellas out. They are hard to find sometimes :)

Keep the monti .... with this move coming up I have completed stopped purchasing/stocking my tank. I would rather see it thrive in your tank... looks prettier there anyways.

I will fish them stomellas out. They are hard to find sometimes :)

Are you sure? It's all ready to go for you (remember my klutzy self broke it?). I need the sandbed space so I'll glue it to my rock if you are sure you don't want it.

surgicalsense
Are you sure? It's all ready to go for you (remember my klutzy self broke it?). I need the sandbed space so I'll glue it to my rock if you are sure you don't want it.

Yes I am sure :) very sure ... I will hook you up with the snails and I am have to frag that xenia asap now. What corals I have now are growing faster with the new lights. But I do not want to stress and/or fuss with anymore corals until I move the tank now.

Honestly it is a weird feeling. Walking into the Marks or whichever and completely forcing myself not to look at corals -_- or live stock.I do have a positive feeling my fish and shrimps will make the travel. Still worried about my corals that I have. However I am wondering if the local shop there will baby sit them for a week if I were to ship them overnight. I am using all my options really.

However I am wondering if the local shop there will baby sit them for a week if I were to ship them overnight. I am using all my options really.

That sounds like an excellent idea!!!!!! I think that's the route I would take. Much less stressful for you and the animals. You won't have to rush to get the tank going when you get to NM too.

surgicalsense
That sounds like an excellent idea!!!!!! I think that's the route I would take. Much less stressful for you and the animals. You won't have to rush to get the tank going when you get to NM too.

Well kind of ... I have to make my phone calls and still lay out my ground work for all this.

Well kind of ... I have to make my phone calls and still lay out my ground work for all this.

Hopefully it will all work out. That would be ideal to be able to ship them ahead of time and have them hold it for a week. I don't see why they wouldn't. Fingers crossed :)

In reef news......

Tank is getting much better as far as cyano. It's definitely not as bad as it was. All coral are still responding wonderfully to less flow. My dragons tongue macro released itself from the frag plug and floated behind the rocks. I'm not able to get it easily but it appears that it still gets light so I'm not going to worry too much about it.

Freshwater planted is good. I looked in and saw some white skin looking thing. Wondered what the heck that was. Turns out....one of the shrimp molted!!!!! I don't know why I was surprised :lol:

I have a VIDEO

Today I sat down to eat my lunch. Glanced over at the tank as saw this action. I still can't figure out if it's a fight or a roll in the hay :lol:

It broke up about 10 seconds after the camera stopped rolling.

Looks like a romp to me!

Tanks look great, I love the FW, and that's a Dwarf Anubis plant, they generally run about that and will grow like a weed. I love it because the roots look like mangroves when it grows off the driftwood.

Thank, Macron and Randi!!!!!!

The guys at the LFS (old men) told me it was smaller than a dwarf anubis (sp?). Maybe they were pulling my leg. But the dwarf anubis I bought at my other LFS is bigger than this variety, for sure.

Happt Valentines Day to ya!.

I can't remember, do have any Java fern in the FW? They are also very easy to grow and also don't like to be rooted in the substrate.

Thank, Macron and Randi!!!!!!

The guys at the LFS (old men) told me it was smaller than a dwarf anubis (sp?). Maybe they were pulling my leg. But the dwarf anubis I bought at my other LFS is bigger than this variety, for sure.

Looks the same as my Dwarf I had, either way you were paying for the driftwood, not the plant trust me.

Happy Valentines Day!

Thanks you guys!!!!!

I don't think I have java fern. I'm going to google what it looks like. I like the sound of something I don't have to root in the substrate. I really need to trim the xmas moss that's in there. Since adding the fish it's gone insane with growth.

The old guys wanted $19.99 for the plant. I asked if they could go any cheaper and they said the plant alone is $10.

My oto. was dead this morning. I knew he wasn't long for this world. He looked bad from the start. Everyone else looks great though.

Don't let them play you with the FW plants, you shouldn't be paying more then 10 a plant, and thats for a LARGE plant not on Driftwood.

Either way nice find and I love it, sorry about the Oto.

Don't let them play you with the FW plants, you shouldn't be paying more then 10 a plant, and thats for a LARGE plant not on Driftwood.

Either way nice find and I love it, sorry about the Oto.

I won't. I love how it's a bunch of old guys. You know they've been in the FW hobby forever. Reminds me of my dad :)

I thought $19.99 was pretty steep...that's why I asked if they could go less. I'm glad I bought it :happy:

It is steep, never over 12$ for my plants and I had a lot.

Haha their just trying to outsmart you, start googling the plat there in the store with your phone and show them the prices, bet the come down more!

Psst did you click the link? There's lots more! I sent them my friends haha. Everyone must think I'm crazy.

I like the Give a fish a kiss one! Amazing they did that so cool!

Psst did you click the link? There's lots more! I sent them my friends haha. Everyone must think I'm crazy.

I didn't....cool!!!! Those are awesome!!!!

I'm famous! I made that quote up all on my own! :D

I didn't....cool!!!! Those are awesome!!!!

Monterey Bay should hire me as their graphic designer. It is my dream job.

I'm famous! I made that quote up all on my own! :D

Monterey Bay should hire me as their graphic designer. It is my dream job.

They should!

And it's an excellent quote :happy:

Archived