inTank Media Baskets

The "Mini" World! PIX!(rimless 10g build)

Mini-Dude

Ok thanks, I will let you know if I need any help. I kinda got this idea from andru24 so I hope I'm not gong to be know as the copy cat.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah cause everyone is dissing me cause I cant make up my mind.....

But I have made up my mind. Im doing a 20l double peninsula

You seriously want a 2-1/2g tank? :huh:

I don't think that's a smart decision for a beginner tank, but if you truly want that then it's up to you.

what filter? light?

There is going to be a costom media basket in the "filtration" area of the tank(AKA the divider of display and fuge). With Filter Floss and Chemi-Pure(Sea-Gel). Light on the display will be a FNI 24" T5-HO and light for fuge will be a BoostLed Par30 all white. You can see an excample of that it you go to andru24's 15g AIO double peninsula.

Ooooh! I thought the 'l' stood for litre! :lol:

Yeah Its cool. I listed to D and decided not to do a Pico first. ;)

so you're going to have a false wall like a nano cube?

If you are, build a cover for it so the fish can't jump back there.

so you're going to have a false wall like a nano cube?
Sort of. You know what a 20Long looks like right? Well 4 1/2 inches from the edge I will put the first divider. That 4 1/2 inches will be the "display" fuge. go 3 more inches and I will add the second divider. This will be the filtration section. Then the rest is the display. Does that make since? I wish I could draw it for yall.

If you are, build a cover for it so the fish can't jump back there.

I am planning on it. I wont immidietly because I wont have any fish in it but yeah I will deff. do that.

Ya but they come in 4 bulb units, unless price is a deciding factor. I guess it really comes down to the coral you are interested in keeping..

So the FNI is $100 and the NE is $80....hmmmwhich one is better?

Do you have any idea what the PAR rating on that is compared to the FNI?

? why are you planing the filtration without knowing what demands will be placed on it. do you know that the filtration that is possible with this setup will match the system you would like.

if you would like to draw things there are programs that can be used for this. google it or just look close..

No doubt the 4 bulb fixture with good quality bulbs would be better. What type of corals are you interested in? If you are going for a softy\lps rtank, get the 2 bulb with SLR's. It should be enough light for any beginner corals, and when it comes time to replace the bulbs you will save some money

? why are you planing the filtration without knowing what demands will be placed on it. do you know that the filtration that is possible with this setup will match the system you would like.

if you would like to draw things there are programs that can be used for this. google it.

Yeah I know what will happen. When the water from both sides come over their overflows the will be forced through filter floss and CP(SG) and then forced into the middle of the filtration chamber and there they get picked up by a MaxiJet 1200 with a Y-Split and are returned back to both sides. Its kind of simple really.

No doubt the 4 bulb fixture with good quality bulbs would be better. What type of corals are you interested in? If you are going for a softy\lps rtank, get the 2 bulb with SLR's. It should be enough light for any beginner corals, and when it comes time to replace the bulbs you will save some money

Yeah at first it will be a softie/LPS tank and then when I shed my begginer shell I will move up to SPS and clams.

have you figured out if the carrying capacity of this filtration will equal the bioload that you will be placing on it. or have you not determined the expected bioload.

I might also have a skimmer. I havent decided.

I havent decided bio-load, it will prob be small to medium. All I want in the display is a pair of clowns and a goby and corals. for the fuge I want all sorts of macro algeas.

I have aplan I did in paint. How do I get it on here?

Archived