Innovative Marine Aquariums

The "Mini" World! PIX!(rimless 10g build)

Mini-Dude

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MD, you don't have to rest the t5 fixture on the tank you could mount it above the tank. I've seen people take L brackets and mount them from that. Any t-5 fixture should come with a hanging kit and if it doesn't I'm sure you could either mod one or buy one seperately. Then you could hang the tank far enough above to allow the skimmer to fit in the compartment underneath

aka

stop working on the tank, until you have the interactions of the live stock & their needs dealt with.

Ok,

Display Fish stocking:

Pair of O clowns

1x Randell Goby

Inverts for display:

2x Skunk Cleaners

1x Porcelain Crab

1x Candy Stripe Pistol (paired with goby)

CUC:

Will talk to John at Reef Cleaners about this later when he gets out of the hospital.

Corals for display:

All kinds of zoas

all kinds or Palys

shrooms

acans

rics

Fuge fish:

1x trimma cana

Inverts for fuge:

3x Sexy Shrimp

I want something else just can decide.

CUC:

Will talk with John from Reef Cleaners after he gets out of the hospital.

Macro for fuge:

2x "Penny" Macro from RC

5x Red Mangroves from RC

1x Codium (short) from RC

1x Grape Caulerpa from RC

There is prob. going to be more as the tank progresses but these will be in when it finishes cycling.

Is this a good list? Please no yelling. Kinda hurts my feelings like I'm doings something wrong. Just a simple Yes or No and if no why.

Nah, just some on the fly research on LA and Google cause bitts told me to present a stock list. :lol: You really like it dont you? Yeah it took me about 15 min to figure that out. I have a fast computer ;). Thanks for the complement!

Ok then. so tell us how their going to interact. what are the needs of each. think about territory & if they can over lap. so on.

Ok then. so tell us how their going to interact. what are the needs of each. think about territory & if they can over lap. so on.

The clowns and goby wont bother each other much because they are at different levels in the water. Clowns will need swimming room, goby wont. Goby will need rock and lots of territories on the sand bed.

The Candy Stripe will be paired with the goby and form a symbolic relationship where the goby protects the Pistol while the nearly blind Pistol burrows a home for the two. the Crab is a filter feeder/carnivore. the Skunks need low nitrates and they are carnivorous and eat waste.

The Trimma gets only to 1" long and need LR and lots of hiding spaces. Sexies, are just like the skunks they just dance a lot :lol: They do not need a nem to survive.

Macro I have no clue about :lol:

The clowns and goby wont bother each other much because they are at different levels in the water. Clowns will need swimming room, goby wont. Goby will need rock and lots of territories on the sand bed.

The Candy Stripe will be paired with the goby and form a symbolic relationship where the goby protects the Pistol while the nearly blind Pistol burrows a home for the two. the Crab is a filter feeder/carnivore. the Skunks need low nitrates and they are carnivorous and eat waste.

The Trimma gets only to 1" long and need LR and lots of hiding spaces. Sexies, are just like the skunks they just dance a lot :lol: They do not need a nem to survive.

Macro I have no clue about :lol:

Clowns need lots of room & can be very aggressive. what can cause or prevent this.

Nothing (clowns & fire fish) in my tank goes above the mid point of the tank. why. What would cause this.

Clowns need lots of room & can be very aggressive. what can cause or prevent this.

When you dont have a lot of swimming space.

Nothing (clowns & fire fish) in my tank goes above the mid point of the tank. why. What would cause this.

I dont know

Most likely after the goby because clowns can be aggressive and you always want to have add the peaceful fish first so they can establish their trritories.

Archived