6 lbs of live rock

6 lbs of live sand

7 ULTRA Maxi Mini Nem's

IMAG0086.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope

I think that tank will grow on you. It could really look cool with some good lighting and maybe one nice show piece in the center, or a cascading slope of various zoas. Good luck! Welcome to the pico community!

Thanks!

It actually fits on my desk better and allows for more vertical coral. I think I willgo with an sps dominated tan with some gsp, zoas, and chalice frags.

I am going to get some rare chalice and acro frags once its established. Now i need to buy a refractometer and ato.

Funktastic Wint
Good luck! We haven't seen many SPS dominated picos yet.

cool! hope it does well. i have been lookin for a cheap refractometer for a while. ive been doin saltwater for 2-3 years and havnt had one. im thinkin i should invest in one tho. but with a pico i just buy my water at the lfs. but i think it would be cheaper to mix my own.

IMAG0068.jpg

Night Shot wtih chinese submersible led light

What do you guys think of having a maxi min/SPS tank?

I am thinking of loading this tank up with 3 different colored maxi minis

I had a condy nem in one of my old tank that was cooler than my fish. It would close around a shrimp if i put one in there. Do Maxi minis contribute a lot to the bioload? Could you have a lot of them in a small tank?

you could probably have a good amount of the in the tank, but they'd sting the SPS so be careful. they'd contribute to the bioload of the tank proportionally to how much you feed them and also just as much as a mushroom of their size (that eats)

taking pics with my droid incredible because I dont own a camera.

Also just figured out that my par38 wont get here until thursday because the postal service is taking a day off! Presidents day is about as important as flag day. IMO

Funktastic Wint
taking pics with my droid incredible because I dont own a camera.

Also just figured out that my par38 wont get here until thursday because the postal service is taking a day off! Presidents day is about as important as flag day. IMO

im just wonderin is that a photo of you in your avatar?

No

I am a guy. I just like having hot women in my avatar.

She is very good at what she does

Anyways I am going to be getting some mini mini nems in a few weeks to make sure the tank is good enough for the maxis. I have heard that they can take over your tank but since they are tiny and colorful it shouldnt matter.

Are these nems really that hard to get off rock?

Funktastic Wint
No

I am a guy. I just like having hot women in my avatar.

She is very good at what she does

Anyways I am going to be getting some mini mini nems in a few weeks to make sure the tank is good enough for the maxis. I have heard that they can take over your tank but since they are tiny and colorful it shouldnt matter.

u can peel em off of the rock with ur thumbnail. but if theyre extra stubborn u just chisel it off

Funktastic Wint
mini maxi nems are not tiny forever. they grow to 6" and more in some cases.

yep. the ones that will take over your tank are the mini mini anemones (2" maximum) they reproduce quickly and are mostly green/pink, not as varied in colors as maxi minis

doh, idk why i have been thinking all this time that he's putting in mini maxi nems...in this case ignore all i have said, and i can't really help with them since i have no clue ?_?

Take the rock they are on, flip it upside down, tap the bottom of the rock repeatedly with a hammer or something and they should hop off. ;)

Take the rock they are on, flip it upside down, tap the bottom of the rock repeatedly with a hammer or something and they should hop off. ;)

no way, it's that easy? you would expect their bond with the rock to be stronger than a few hammer strikes worth of force?

I am going to do a S. tapetum species tank similar to the 5 gallon species tank that someone had. Apparently they can be crowded together just fine. Also once the maxis reach 4" I will just splice them in to.

Just got done hacking away at my desks lamp shade so it can fit my par38.

Maxi Madness!!!

FTS with desk light!

IMAG0077.jpg

yes well lets hope you dont get the idea of black sand with white rocks lol. tapetum are maxi mini? so you are using maxi mini or the smaller species?

I am going with both and some sexy shrimp because I think they host them.

I will get the smaller of the species first and is they are doing well after three months I will add the maxi minis.

Nice tank =) In my experience the maxi minis are more hardy. Some people have great success with mini minis but I have found they can be picky when it comes to lighting. Sometimes they just melt away. So, you may want to add one of each just so know how each will do instead of just starting with mini minis. Good luck! I will be following along.

I just read your tank thread and am very impressed! I have a similar shaped tank, tall cube. Since I am using a 20k I hope they will be fine. Whats yours favorite food? I would buy that lime green mini off you if you have any you want to sell.

Funktastic Wint
I just read your tank thread and am very impressed! I have a similar shaped tank, tall cube. Since I am using a 20k I hope they will be fine. Whats yours favorite food? I would buy that lime green mini off you if you have any you want to sell.

hard to come by nice maxis in my area. it sux

Archived