Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mr. Aqua 5.2 gallon VERTICAL build thread

Klink67

Well, it's safest to put them in a stable tank... but I dumped mine into the 5.5gal with some freshly mixed saltwater and they were fine.

Don't tell anybody. :unsure:

Maxis are pretty hardy, ime. One of mine got stuck in a powerhead... and I mean it was almost completely inside of the grill. I pulled it out little by little and amazingly it was fine after a couple of days.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah, I have around 20 clones in my 5.5gal and they aren't filling up even 1/5 of the tank. Cutting them keeps them down in size.

It would be a big disappointment if they don't grow large at all :( Are yours maybe just all young or maybe shocked by the light to not grow any bigger? what kind of light do you use on that tank and do you feed the nems?

It would be a big disappointment if they don't grow large at all :( Are yours maybe just all young or maybe shocked by the light to not grow any bigger? what kind of light do you use on that tank and do you feed the nems?

In my experience it takes a while for them to get six inches. But I don't see a problem with a bunch of beautiful maxis that are smaller. Still makes for a beautiful tank =)

If you want them to grow bigger, just don't cut them! ;)

Mine are small because I cut and clone them. They're under PC lights and no I don't feed them... I should.. hmm.

sweet tank klink! def following along. tried kratom the other day, pretty interesting. it was like a euphoric espresso overdose.. not as crazy or intense as i expected (which is good imo). def gonna do some more research on the plant.

sweet tank klink! def following along. tried kratom the other day, pretty interesting. it was like a euphoric espresso overdose.. not as crazy or intense as i expected (which is good imo). def gonna do some more research on the plant.

The strain I have is very intense at a strong dose. It also has to be fresh which is why I get mine from Indonesia on a bi-weekly basis.

Update all my nems and the par38 are in!!!

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

My rainbow maxi is splitting!!!

The other ones are hiding in the rocks.

More maxis!!!!

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0085.jpgIMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

For $70 I am very impressed with all of the colors that these maxis have. I even have the rare all red maxi!!

Well just now I heard my filter grinding something up and then saw about pieces of maxi mini flying everywhere around the tank. Hopefully at least one of the pieces will survive. For now I have six normal ones.

bwoodward0012

sorry to hear that. can you post an fts with full view of your lamp in it? not sure if i could use it because i dont have anywhere to clamp on but it looks pretty good online. how high off the tank can you get it?

You could just clamp it on your tank. The arm can extend to 24" above you tank so it works well. The shroud also doesnt come attached when you buy it so you dont need to worry about heat build up.

updated the scape!!!!! The maxis are coloring up nicely and the one that was shredded still is retaining its color.

pics will be updated tomorrow!

She is very good at what she does

Personal Experience? :lol:

Will be watching...very cool! May have to try a maxi mini in my 1G cube.

bwoodward0012

tryin to keep as much stuff off the tank as possible, but ill probably end up trying it cause im not finding much else that i like that will work or is under $30.

also, gianna is hella sexy, just thought id throw that out there. :bowdown:

Yeah she is definitely a sexxxy piece of meat.

So I now have 6 nems the one that got shredded didnt make it.

Also my light purple one got stuck on the filter intake so it is very beat up but alive. All the other nems have adjusted well to the tank and have stopped moving around. there are 5 out in the open and one wedged between the rock and sand. This weekend I am going to move it out so it gets some light.

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

PICS!!!!!!!! omgomgomg

This and a $5 lamp shade is how I setup my par 38 over my mini-nem tank and it looks so nice and I have more control over light spread and intensity by adjusting the height.

Well I think the purple nem has finally died because it has some goo over it. I could leave it in my tank but I dont want it to rot. Luckily my other 5 nems have all adjusted well and seem to be thriving in my tank.

Also the nanotuners led par38 20k is NOT that blue. It looks more like a 14k mh bulb. So anyone looking at these bulbs and want something thats blue get a different brand par38. Other than that I am happy with the look but would like it to be more blue.

Also just ordered 2 mini minis and they should be here Wednesday. These are going to be a neat addition to the tank.

Considering purchasing a ac50 intake cover so no more of my nems end up in the filter.

3 mini mini nems have been added to the tank!!! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

pretty baked right now so will post pics when I am redy to do it so...............

Seamonkey84

Nice looking nems, sorry to hear about your loss purple one. I've got a 2.5 pico with 4 more just added yesterday. Making it 6 in there, and I'm using a boost par30 with 2 white 3 blue and don't know if I'd like it more blue, I like the natural with pop look. I do wish that the pink and red colors come out better. Posting from my phone so can't post the pics (though I use this iPhone to take it). Photos colors suck under led so I sometimes tank pics under a 50/50 cfl. What's yorfeeding schedule like? Do you plan on anything else in the tank? I've got pom pom crabs and sexy shrimp (that havent hosted yet).

I use my Droid to take pics.

I will check out your tank thread when I get a chance. I am only planning on tapetum nelson and maybe some hosting invents. Also need to add chaeto. I still have to get a turkey baster so I can target feed with mysis. Right now I have a total of 5 maxi minis and 3 minis in the tank. I was planning on propagating them once they got bigger but I want to have large maxi so I am not going to do that. How is growth under your par30?

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

The minis or in places were it is hard to take pics of but I figured I would update some pics of my new lighting. I now have 3 blue and one white running.

Seamonkey84
I use my Droid to take pics.

I will check out your tank thread when I get a chance. I am only planning on tapetum nelson and maybe some hosting invents. Also need to add chaeto. I still have to get a turkey baster so I can target feed with mysis. Right now I have a total of 5 maxi minis and 3 minis in the tank. I was planning on propagating them once they got bigger but I want to have large maxi so I am not going to do that. How is growth under your par30?

I dont have a tank threa yet, and I've only had it with maxis for the past month. So far they are doing well, but I lowered the Light too close and my favorite teal nem is now hiding. I'll post pics once I find my sync cord for my iPhone. Most of mine open to about 2.5-3 inches but my new purple one is huge at 5 inch and planted itself up against the front glass so I only see half it's underside and can't get a good pic from above with glare and water movement. I'm tempted to let it stay big but I intended this as a prop tank as well like you. They just look so nice when big.

Wow! If you ever have any available let me know. Those are some really nice nems!! I would be interested in a green one and the purple one. That purple one was the same color I had. Nice tank! It seems there are more and more people making mini carpet tank.

Archived