ReefCleaners.org

Help PicO Aquariums build a better mouse trap!

cdelicath

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't cleaned it yet but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be. Theres very easy access to the entire unit. The skim is more wet then what I was getting with the Hydor but about the same color I I know these are working very well. I started out with the bubbles lower to let the tube get that nice slime in it and start producing the larger bubbles. once I see those I started to dial it in a bit th where the bubbles would just slightly push into the tube. This seems to take a bit more time to adjust then the Hydor but I actually think the skim is right up there with it. And yes it is cleaning up the water in my super cool prototype 10G :P

Define...... mass

Can I make several in a week? Yes

Can I make several hundred in a week? No... not unless I really, REALLY whizz off my employer right now and quit. They treat me real nice though.

Unless everybody and their dog wants one (in that case, I am now a skimmer company) I don't see a problem in taking care of demand, ya'll don't even know how much they cost yet! :D

Steve

I hope there's not too much of a demand(but enough for it to be worth it) and that they don't cost $1,000 /c I need to get one for this guy

pico_1.jpg

I hope there's not too much of a demand(but enough for it to be worth it) and that they don't cost $1,000 /c I need to get one for this guy

pico_1.jpg

Ok where the hell have you been hiding this thing?

Nice work!!!

I've put a few hints in my 20l thread and one other thread that got buried and forgotten. I still have to make a faceplate for the light controller and probably a top when you start selling glazer's skimmers. I'll try and get a separate thread going for it soon

Maybe nanotuners can cut you a deal where you can sell a pico with their picolamp as a package deal? it'd be pricey, but bundles like that could do well methinks.

i would have gotten this before anything if available

would that skimmer be able to be used in other systems as well, or just your tanks?

Looks great. Could you or Glazer give us a rundown on the specs? I know earlier he had posted the diameters, but height, wall thickness of tube, footprint in the tank, etc would be good

i would have gotten this before anything if available

would that skimmer be able to be used in other systems as well, or just your tanks?

Any tank it will fit.

impressive for an air stone skimmer. looks like you're skimming pretty dry too.

what is the noise level like for the pump and for the bubbling.

The only sound is from the air pump. If you pair it with say a RENA air unit it would be very quiet.

Looks great. Could you or Glazer give us a rundown on the specs? I know earlier he had posted the diameters, but height, wall thickness of tube, footprint in the tank, etc would be good

I will have the dimensions on the site when I launch again this weekend. Glazer may be able to chime in before then.

Nice job on the video Chris... love that close up work on the foam being shot out the discharge tube, it's like uh... nevermind...lol

Dimensions... I'm out of town overnight on business so don't have my jigs or one on hand to measure but pretty sure the breakdown is,

Single tube skimmer uses a 1 3/4" O.D. tube and the tube itself is 12". The bracket assembly, if bolted up flat to the back glass would give you a footprint of 2 1/2" from back glass to front of bracket, and it's just a little over 2" in width. The bracket will fit over anything up to 3/4" in thickness.

The dual tube uses 1 1/2" O.D. tubing and they are 12" tall as well. Bracket on that is 2 1/2" outward from back glass and just under 3 1/2" in width, again it will fit over up to a 3/4" thickness.

Running depth on the tube(s) can vary depending on how much air you put into it. The more air you put through the airstone the higher you can raise the tube(s). If you would be using these on a tank with a very shallow depth, again with the amount of air pushed into them I would say you could run them as shallow as 4 to 5 inches.

I'll be home tomorrow afternoon so if I got the dimensions wrong Chris please feel free to correct me otherwise I'll double check when I get home and correct myself.

Steve

Thanks for the info Glazer. I blew my reef budget for this month already, but I'm looking for a way to get my hands on one of these skimmers. Just like deli's aquariums, these are a work if art and raise the standard.

Were Back!!!

ATO units will be another few weeks but tanks, skimmers and other goodies are ripe and ready!

Glazers skimmers are $10 less for a limited time so you better get them now before his hands fall off from building too many :P

drooling..... is the dual tube so it can fit in tighter places? which one do you like most?

I actually like the single tube more. It was easier to adjust and it is doing very well on the DB15 tank at the house.

NUWildcat928

Nice, I've been waiting for the website to come back up! However I noticed a few issues:

I couldn't place an order; it wouldn't let me get past the "Ship Methods" stage. There's only one option (UPS Ground) but even after selecting it and hitting next, it keeps saying "Error: Please select another Shipping Method".

Also I noticed that when you buy a tank, the add-ons are supposed to save you a little money ($5-10). However, the undiscounted price is still given when you add it to your cart. For example, the starphire glass top should be $55 with a tank (save $5), but it still adds $59.99.

Also, will the glass top completely cover the sump area, or does it just cover the display? If you use one of Glazer's skimmers, will the top still fit?

Thanks! Hope you can fix these problems... Looking forward to placing an order soon!

i dont think this is gonna fit in my tank.. so looks like i will just have to get one of your systems for that skimmer. i got some planning and saving to do.

Nice, I've been waiting for the website to come back up! However I noticed a few issues:

I couldn't place an order; it wouldn't let me get past the "Ship Methods" stage. There's only one option (UPS Ground) but even after selecting it and hitting next, it keeps saying "Error: Please select another Shipping Method".

Also I noticed that when you buy a tank, the add-ons are supposed to save you a little money ($5-10). However, the undiscounted price is still given when you add it to your cart. For example, the starphire glass top should be $55 with a tank (save $5), but it still adds $59.99.

Also, will the glass top completely cover the sump area, or does it just cover the display? If you use one of Glazer's skimmers, will the top still fit?

Thanks! Hope you can fix these problems... Looking forward to placing an order soon!

I am taking a look at the shipping thing now it may be something with the address given and UPS not auto calculating correctly.

The add-ons are working correctly, the price listed is after saving the $5 or $10. I will show the regular price to avoid future confusion. That was something I was thinking about changing for just that reason. The glass cover only covers the display to the false wall the sump will stay uncovered.

Hey NU

Theres's no Ship To: address in your user profile. Login and go to the Account Maintenance on the shop page right side where you just signed in. You will need to add a shipping address for your account. The address you added was a Bill To: address. I can add it manually if you need me to.

Archived