inTank Media Baskets

Think my Blue tang has ich! PLease Help!

heavymetalmullet

If it is ich then the only way to get rid of it is to qt and treat all of your fish, not just the tang. And, based on what I have read on here and on other sites regarding ich and its life cycle, you can't put any kind of fish in your main display for about 6 weeks, to allow the parasite to die off without introducing an new potential hosts. Tangs are also prone to getting lateral line disease too so you may want to research that. The tang in my bf's 75 gal was starting to show signs of this, and displaying some of the same symptoms you have described for yours. I fed him (the tang not my bf) garlic enhanced pellet food and we introduced a cleaner shrimp into the tank. The cleaner shrimp jumped on the tang almost immediately and began picking off the parasites. The tang has recovered completely since. Hope this helps.

It is impossible for a cleaner shrimp to remove Cryptocaryon irritans from a fish as it burrows below the slime coat.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heavymetalmullet
Read all of this please....

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-d...yths-facts.html

Seriously.....read it...

Great article! Thanks for that, dispels a lot of the crap people seem to think about Marine Ich. I think I will get the quarintine tank set up on stand by, keep an eye on her and then transfer her and the crowns across for hypo treatment if there is definitely a need. Hate the thought of leaving the display tank fallow for weeks but if that is what's necessary then so be it. :mellow:

I would just let it die. It will die eventually, since tangs don't POTENTIALLY get bigger... they DO. And since it's in a small tank, it's growth will be STUNTED, well before you ever noticed "it was getting to big for the tank." Seriously... it's going to die.

wrasseWrangler
I would just let it die. It will die eventually, since tangs don't POTENTIALLY get bigger... they DO. And since it's in a small tank, it's growth will be STUNTED, well before you ever noticed "it was getting to big for the tank." Seriously... it's going to die.

LOL you tang police are retarded....

I have a powder blue, blue jaw trigger, 2 onyx clowns, LARGE leopard wrasse and more to come.. maybe..

all in a 50 gallon cube, 2' by 2' by 2'....

The fish tell me they are happy.... :D

oh yea by the way. fish, reptiles, monkeys or people will not get STUNTED because of a small environment...

heavymetalmullet

Great bit of advice 'just letting a fish die'. Thanks for your input, seriously.

She's just a baby at the moment, litteraly not more than an inch big at the most, if say in a year or so's time she is three or four times the size then I will obvisouly have to sell her on but right now she is just fine and really gets on well with my two little clown fish, they don't leave each other alone.

I have a powder blue, blue jaw trigger, 2 onyx clowns, LARGE leopard wrasse and more to come.. maybe..

oh yea by the way. fish, reptiles, monkeys or people will not get STUNTED because of a small environment...

Thanks for backing me up on this mate, nice to hear from someone who isn't stressing about the fish I have chosen for my tank. I wouldn't have put her in there if the staff at two different fish stores hadn't have said it would be fine to have her in my tank size. :)

Wow. After reading this i have nothing left to say except for wrasseWrangler, you are absolutely retarded. Shove a child in a 2x2 box and tell me he/she won't have stunted growth. There's your small environment right there. ####ing retard. I hope you get more fish.

P.S. I'm not TP. I am retard police, out to put retards like you away. I could literally give a #### about a fish, hence why i said let it die. I don't really care. I'm just out to state the facts.

<3

I wouldn't have put her in there if the staff at two different fish stores hadn't have said it would be fine to have her in my tank size. smile.gif

Wow.. I'm not even going to elaborate on this.

wrasseWrangler
Wow. After reading this i have nothing left to say except for wrasseWrangler, you are absolutely retarded. Shove a child in a 2x2 box and tell me he/she won't have stunted growth. There's your small environment right there. ####ing retard. I hope you get more fish.

P.S. I'm not TP. I am retard police, out to put retards like you away. I could literally give a #### about a fish, hence why i said let it die. I don't really care. I'm just out to state the facts.

<3

LOL,

I always put kids in little boxes... dont you! :D

Do some research! I did the research, dont you know they use kids in little boxes as street drugs!

I bet your mom told you coffee would stunt your growth...

heavymetalmullet

<3

Wow, because your previous advice was so helpful! :lol:

Why do people always give their fish anthropomorphic qualities? Fish don't have emotions like sad, happy, mad. Fish don't sit around in a tank and think "Dang, my owner sure is cruel. I want a bigger tank." No, fish function on INSTINCT, not rational thoughts and emotions.

wrasseWrangler
Why do people always give their fish anthropomorphic qualities? Fish don't have emotions like sad, happy, mad. Fish don't sit around in a tank and think "Dang, my owner sure is cruel. I want a bigger tank." No, fish function on INSTINCT, not rational thoughts and emotions.

How can one prove that fish dont have emotions?

heavymetalmullet

+1

That's exactly what the guys at the fish store said. It's not like i'm trying to stuff her into a shoe box sized tank.

<3

Why you angry bro?

:rant:

How can one prove that fish dont have emotions?

Just ask it?

+1

That's exactly what the guys at the fish store said. It's not like i'm trying to stuff her into a shoe box sized tank.

If fish really have emotions, then we have bigger things to worry about. What about higher functioning animals like birds and mammals? IMO, we treat higher-order animals MUCH worse than we treat our fish. But it happens all the time - and guess what! It's based on the assumption that animals aren't capable of experiencing emotion. The fish are fine.

<3

Hey ZerO, your Jersey's showing...

wrasseWrangler
Why you angry bro?

:rant:

Hey ZerO, your Jersey's showing...

Just love how us folk on the west coast are soo care free and happy!

Then you, got them east coast freaks that are always MAD MAD MAD, maybe its because the east coast women act/look like men...

Oh man, JERSEY IS HOT RIGHT NOW!!!!

Eff I am so tired of NJ being on TV. We need to all forget about NJ and return to a normal life.

Oh man, JERSEY IS HOT RIGHT NOW!!!!

Eff I am so tired of NJ being on TV. We need to all forget about NJ and return to a normal life.

It's not his fault. It's a Jersey thing.

ANYWAY -

Why don't you post a picture of your blue tang (If i say it small maybe they'll chill the #### out) so we can take a look at the parasites.

I appreciate you being concerned about the well being of your animals. THAT is what makes a good pet owner.

B):D

heavymetalmullet
ANYWAY -

Why don't you post a picture of your blue tang (If i say it small maybe they'll chill the #### out) so we can take a look at the parasites.

I appreciate you being concerned about the well being of your animals. THAT is what makes a good pet owner.

B):D

What's the best way of uploading some photos i've just taken of her? My camera takes quite large file sizes. Will I need to adjust them?

Archived