Coral Vue Hydros

Blue Demp's 36 Gallon Bow Front

Blue Demp

My plate died a couple of days after inflating on one side. The cause of death might be due to me disturbing the sand bed right under it.

Here's a few pic of the tank.

IMG_7205.jpg

IMG_7200.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

IMG_7203.jpg

Edited by Blue Demp
Yes, they were tank raised. I got mine from Bluezooaquatics.com. You should give them a shot!

I love Bluezoo! they are one of (well the only) online supplier that will ship to me.

Those shots are awesome, your MH lighting and the shimmer effect are prime.

My third or fourth freshwater tank was a bowfront I loved it like you said gets that 3D effect. B)

However I already decided on a BC for my first SW setup, gut filter add media racks and Tunze oh and LED :ninja:

How is your flame angel doing? It looks beautiful well worth the alleged risk.

Are those clove corals I see? You might want to update the first post with livestock. ;)

Clove corals are also one of the few corals I can legally own here so I love them! Your clam is also sweet would love to get my hands on one. :happydance:

I am not sure if I asked and forgot but do you need to target feed the coco worm?

Flame angel is doing great! he seems to now get along with the midas blenny. What you see in the middle is a clove... growing fast! The coco worm is growing as well. Here are some pics.

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_7220.jpg

IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7218.jpg

Zoa2.jpg

Edited by Blue Demp

Hey cool Bowfront! Been seeing a lot of Bowfront threads lately. Also cool Orange Spotted Prawn Goby, I got one myself their pretty cool guys

andrewprime1

Hey, this is going way back to your first page, but I have a 36 gallon bow front and I replaced my center brace with water already in the tank. I didn't want the tank to bow (no pun intended) so I didnt remove the old brace until the new one was in place...

The center brace was pretty easy to replace. I knew that I had to be very careful with this as I could very easily ruin my tank. I didn't want to empty all the water out of the tank, too much of a headache, so I installed the clear replacement brace before I removed the original one. The clear acrylic brace was secured by four nylon bolts and then I cut off the black center brace.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

Sorry, all these pictures were taken on my phone, so they are not really the best. More to come.

The nylon bolts/nuts keep anything from rusting. It has been almost a year and everything has held up fine for me.

I've setup my Apex Controller, however I'm having a few issues with it.

1. Sometimes I'm unable to get to the web interface, rebooting the bus seems to recover it.

2. Last night the temp on the display and web interface showed 81.7 degrees, which is wrong but not too far off. I rebooted the whole system and now the temperature is 79.6, which is more likely.

How is my temp 79.6 when the heater is off and the light is off? the only light that is on is the fuge light. The ambient temp is 74 degrees.

Edited by Blue Demp
Tank is looking great Blue! Any chaeto yet? :P

I have a nice bunch for, but I've been pretty busy and haven't had time to package it up. I will try to get to it this week.

CollegeNano
I have a nice bunch for, but I've been pretty busy and haven't had time to package it up. I will try to get to it this week.

Thanks man! no rush.

My Midas Blenny decided to go carpet surfing. :-(

AW man I hate that. My firefish did the same thing, fortunately he has been my only jumper! You should make a lid of some sort. I have seen people cut screen material to the shape of their tank. You may want to look into that

sorry to hear about your blenny, but the rest of the tank looks great. I've had a few jumpers in the past too, its always really disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...
My Midas Blenny decided to go carpet surfing. :-(

aw sorry about your Blenny. -_- I was reading about them and apparently their color can vary, there are blue, golden morphs etc, are you going to get another? (I know I am going to try one, they are awesome! )

Also I want to do a Flame Angel aswell, think my BC29 is big enough? I just hope it doesn't eat my zoas or feather duster worms when I get them. :lol:

Did you cut the brace? If not I was thinking that shadow area would be a good place for NPS or a sponge.

aw sorry about your Blenny. -_- I was reading about them and apparently their color can vary, there are blue, golden morphs etc, are you going to get another? (I know I am going to try one, they are awesome! )

Also I want to do a Flame Angel aswell, think my BC29 is big enough? I just hope it doesn't eat my zoas or feather duster worms when I get them. :lol:

Did you cut the brace? If not I was thinking that shadow area would be a good place for NPS or a sponge.

I don't think I'm going to replace the Blenny. The flame angel is doing well, and doesn't pose any harm to the tank inhabitants. I decide to not cut the center brace, don't want any accidents to happen and ruin my day.

Blue Demp

Well, I'm back from my vacation and expected the worse. Fortunately everything is alive despite the amount of evaporation. I asked my neighbor to keep an eye on the tank and to top it off, but I guess that was too much to ask... Upon my return, I purchased a couple of additions from Bluezooaquatics.com

1. Yasha Hase

2. Pink tip torch

3. Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp

4. Zoa

Everything should arrive some time Friday, and plan on posting some pics. I can't believe it's been almost 4 months! Time flies.

• 3 weeks later...

4 Months in and my clam is still alive. I had a few problems with corals falling over due to them not being secure. Lessoned learned! I am currently having heat issues and I live in MN! When the outside temp gets above 70 my tank can get up to 83. I think I might pony up and by a chiller. I'm looking at purchasing this http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.asp...mp;child=ED1151

Anyone have experience with them?

• 1 month later...
4 Months in and my clam is still alive. I had a few problems with corals falling over due to them not being secure. Lessoned learned! I am currently having heat issues and I live in MN! When the outside temp gets above 70 my tank can get up to 83. I think I might pony up and by a chiller. I'm looking at purchasing this http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.asp...mp;child=ED1151

Anyone have experience with them?

Went away for a weekend and when I came back, my Clam was dead and one of the clowns went carpet surfing. It was pretty upsetting to have 2 deaths.

Had to setup my chiller due to increasing water temps (82 degrees). After setting it up on the countertop, my temp is a constant 78 degrees.

Looks like I have too pests..

1. Cynobacteria

2. Aipstaria

I think the Cyno is due to the Detris trap "CPR Aquafuge", so I plan on tearing it down and removing the rubble-rock and start from scratch. To combact other pest, I bought a bottle of "Stop Aiptasia" from DFS. I will let you all know how that goes.

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since my last update. I was able to get rid of the Whelks, and decided to try out another Clam. I've noticed major growth due to heavy feeding a daily water changes. Here a some pics...

Teardrop clam

87c10b51.jpg

Clam next to Alveopora

156cc96e.jpg

Flame Blasto

a200eae7.jpg

b9ed575b.jpg

Coco worm is still alive

d16d3014.jpg

Rare view of Yasha Goby and Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp

721db550.jpg

3af8ec2e.jpg

6a19346a.jpg

f7eae3ad.jpg

736f0cec.jpg

True Percula

422daebb.jpg

d50c3bd1.jpg

862c7293.jpg

Torch - I was neglecting it, so it started to die off, but it's recovering after some TLC

37f18e5b.jpg

49ba1616.jpg

Flame Angel

b42fea2e.jpg

363f2cbb.jpg

09b14f96.jpg

Sun Coral

0e2c7940.jpg

d021cc45.jpg

a82d874c.jpg

Full tank shot

4acc9c4b.jpg