Coral Vue Hydros

1 Gallon Shroom Jar

Siren's eye

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loving the cyphastrea additions. sps are the best :P i hope they hold color under the pcs :)

They can only do better in this tank. These are my 3rd attempt at keeping this coral. My first frags were lost to bleaching, and these are already looking pretty pale. If they do well, I'll start up a nice collection.

are those considered SPS? they look like LPS to me because they have polyps that look like chalice.(ie. my hollywood stunner chalice)

i just bought a 20L setup for the livestock last night and it came with a cyphastrea that has the surface area of a softball.. its a sweet coral.. I've never owned one before. I'm a fan too.. they look awesome with only the actinics on

i just bought a 20L setup for the livestock last night and it came with a cyphastrea that has the surface area of a softball.. its a sweet coral.. I've never owned one before. I'm a fan too.. they look awesome with only the actinics on

are they in the shade? I was told they like low light, and that's why they keep bleaching in my 5.5 gallon.

I WANT! the shallow one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bet i could retro two t2 flouros over that......

fark....

Do it, TSTB. DO EEEEEET! You know you wanna!

Siren - the jar is looking really nice. I love that little cove rockwork.

Mr. Microscope

Pineapple sponge. I'm looking more at that tiny pod you caught surfing on the mushroom behind it. At least it looks like some sort of pod. Fun photo!

I'd leave the worms alone. They're the best scavenger/cleaner out there, imo.

This

I do not understand people's fascination with eliminating every odd creature that pops up in their tank. just because it is a type of bristleworm doesnt make it evil or anything... That looks to be the most common of all of them too, a good scavenger, agreed.

Yes any larger crab will catch and eat them. I've seen arrow crabs eat these, and even my emerald mythrax.

I've had a few run-ins with the little guys. Thankfully, I don't have very sensitive skin. Feels a little bit like touching insulation to me, not quite as bad though.

yes it feels like your fingers just get furry with little spines. unless you press against the spines, theyre not going to penetrate your skin. for some of the larger fireworms this is not the story you will hear x_x

carbon-mantis

Gotta say, that's a nice little tank. I just found the jars at the local walmart, so I may grab a few and experiment with them :happy:

Archived