ReefCleaners.org

1 Gallon Shroom Jar

Siren's eye

it always boggled my mind when people said small tanks like this were unstable. I think big tanks are worse because of all the tinkering that must go on but I realize these small tanks are open to devastation faster than a larger tank when the power goes out... this tank should live for years even if you don't upgrade the lighting its simple and all variables are easily controlled. nice setup!

Yays! someone else who shares my point of view! I love the simplicity of little tanks. The less equipment the better.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

though some of us like me put so much equipment on the little tank that you can barely make out a tank when looking at it, instead of a junk pile :lol:

I like simple stuff too. a rimless tank with a MH light and an MP10 is all i/one need(s) to attain a simple look to a medium- small setup :)

Yays! someone else who shares my point of view! I love the simplicity of little tanks. The less equipment the better.

In the defense of "big tank" owners, I run my set up with just MP40's and a Tek T5 Bulb fixture

- No Sump

- No Fuge

- No Dosing

- No Functioning Skimmer

Water changes are key! It really is that simple.

In the defense of "big tank" owners, I run my set up with just MP40's and a Tek T5 Bulb fixture

- No Sump

- No Fuge

- No Dosing

- No Functioning Skimmer

Water changes are key! It really is that simple.

I would love to hear more about this tank. It sounds like a good project for me.

This morning when I turned on the light, I noticed most of the algae had disappeared. I can't believe I haven't had any nasty cyano or diatom outbreaks :)

SG: 1.024

ammonia: 0

nitrate: 0

nitrite:0

PH: 8.0

check this out: http://live-plants.com/

incredible macros, you can pick and choose what will look best. they may be out of stock but they provide specific names and pics of what you want, so a great source.

About that diatom and cyano, it can still happen at any point since its a young tank still. the macros can reduce the chances of that happening tho.

All caps. Big letters but ain't no acronym

Mary you make me want to eat you, every time i see you it's like the first time i meet you. fragrance like a flower, subtle and sweet too, seductive and whatever it might as well be see thru. Like my genie in a bottle, ##### could get me rich look like a magazinee model.

DOOM is the best man. the best. and i really like this shroom jar too. you should turn it into the shroom piggy bank. let it get so grown out you could literally stick your hand in there and pull out like 50 bucks worth of shrooms once a month and sell it to local reefers or trade for credit at an LFS (a cool one obviously)

MF DOOM is a rapper/hip hop stylist/producer etc that came around first in the early nineties. he wears a metal mask on his face symbolic of comic book villain Dr. Doom and relates his story with that of his own. basically saying that the rap community which he first embraced marred him for life trying to manipulate his styling/creative inputs and numerous other events which effected him in his personal life. he has like 10 alter egos and his styles range greatly depending on which persona he is at that time or who he is collaborating with (madlib,quasimoto,etc) sounds crazy because it is. but he is super badass on the microphone. but hey how about this shroom jar.

anyways is there a new FTS.. er front jar shot?

It looks pretty much the same. I'm just waiting untill I get some more mushrooms or macro.

Archived