Pod Your Reef

1 Gallon Shroom Jar

Siren's eye

Siren, I just want you to know that because of you I spent Christmas Day eyeing my sister-in-law's trio of cookie jars. She had candles in them and I kept thinking "that would look so cool as a pico just like the on on NR."

Such an awesome tank. Between this and pj's tank and thesmallerthebetter's lagoon, I think I'm doomed to have a pico in my future.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Siren, I just want you to know that because of you I spent Christmas Day eyeing my sister-in-law's trio of cookie jars. She had candles in them and I kept thinking "that would look so cool as a pico just like the on on NR."

Such an awesome tank. Between this and pj's tank and thesmallerthebetter's lagoon, I think I'm doomed to have a pico in my future.

That's awesome! Go to Walmart they're only $10, I think. Every Time I see the glass flower vases at the craft store, I think of what I could do with it.

thesmallerthebetter
That's awesome! Go to Walmart they're only $10, I think. Every Time I see the glass flower vases at the craft store, I think of what I could do with it.

this is the disease haha.

i find that every single time i see a vase or a container or a box i think....damn that could be a pico haha.

and thats how i wound up with a closet full of what i call "pico parts" haha

Here are the dimensions of the shallow one (you guys are just bad influences, you know that? :P ): 15.75"W x 3.25"D x 4"H. So is one JBJ light enough? Hypothetically speaking, of course. I mean, I don't even have my BC14 up and running yet so I shouldn't be pondering anything like this (shallow, easy to put a cat paw into and yet so cute).

a table lamp with the coralife 50/50 or w/e youre using now is much better than the JBJ clip on. its 9W the coralife 50/50 is probably more? though either would support your 1 gal jar.

i find that every single time i see a vase or a container or a box i think....damn that could be a pico haha.

Me too...wife is starting to question my sanity.

hey how are you feeding the bowl?> that glass growth is a great sign, microplankton in the water enough to support colonization or colonisation if you are british.

thesmallerthebetter
I know what you guys mean. These are super narrow, but man, I love the look. If only it could be picofied (yes...I made up a word!): Oooooooh, vases.

I WANT! the shallow one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bet i could retro two t2 flouros over that......

fark....

nano mag woulda fixed it better.

what's that? A mag float, or a PH? I am thinking of getting a new one. I'm sick of moving the rocks to clean the media in this filter.

Picture time! I cleaned the jar today, and added the 2 cyphastrea from my 5 gallon. No matter where I placed them in that tank they were getting bleached! I definitely don't want to lose them because they're my new favs. So, this might become a shroom and cyphastrea jar after all.

009-6.jpg

011-2.jpg

010-8.jpg

nano mag woulda fixed it better.

OH! lol. You were replying to my snail addition. Yeah, a nano mag would have been better, but they're more expensive, and not nearly as cute.

Archived