Cultivated Reef

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

i must say, you've brought the ocean to your home. 2 Thumbs up! :lol:

Ha Ha! Things don't look that good in the ocean, lol. :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tbh.. I wish I still could go back to T5's. :/ Your zoas look incredible dude. If you're ever trimming 'em up, shoot me a PM? I'll certainly buy some off ya. smile.gif

Thanks man ill definitely let you know if i get rid of any. And its never too later to come back ;)

i must say, you've brought the ocean to your home. 2 Thumbs up! laugh.gif

Thanks alot andrew

Ha Ha! Things don't look that good in the ocean, lol. :)

Thanks spiro :D

Re-write what I wrote on Tron's page, I can't look at either of your twos' threads or I get pissed off. Damn these amazing tanks.

Re-write what I wrote on Tron's page, I can't look at either of you twos' threads or I get pissed off. Damn these amazing tanks.

Thanks man. Your tank is coming along nicely its just take takes time for it to reach its full potential

Re-write what I wrote on Tron's page, I can't look at either of your twos' threads or I get pissed off. Damn these amazing tanks.

you will survive and get there your own :) just takes time...lol as hype has put it many times for me...

you will survive and get there your own :) just takes time...lol as hype has put it many times for me...

Unfortunately only bad things happen fast in this hobby but the good are worth the wait.

One thing macro does strip is iron :/
True but not enough that requires supplemental dosing at least IME. Water changes tend to be enough to replenish whats loss in between maintenance.

this is helpful, I was about to buy an iron test kit and supplements since I have so much macro by choice in my DT.

That cracked me up.

Unfortunately only bad things happen fast in this hobby but the good are worth the wait.

Words to remember

Hype! Your corals are amazing, a wise man once said, "pictures is worth more then a thousand words" but to i, looking at the tank in person, that's just breathe taking..

Everything looks amazing man. Everytime i come to your thread i get jealous!

Thanks jonny..no need to be jealous as your tank is one of the sickest concepts ive ever seen.

Hype! Your corals are amazing, a wise man once said, "pictures is worth more then a thousand words" but to i, looking at the tank in person, that's just breathe taking..

Thanks alot d i appreciate it.

Heres an old pic of it..changed some of the equipment since then

sump.jpg

That's sick! Got a top down of it or a breakdown of the chambers in it? I am getting ready to baffle a 40B for a Fuge/Sump type thing and would like to see a better pic of it.

Also Thanks again man. B)

That's sick! Got a top down of it or a breakdown of the chambers in it? I am getting ready to baffle a 40B for a Fuge/Sump type thing and would like to see a better pic of it.

Also Thanks again man. B)

Hey candy i dont have any top down of the sump and i wouldnt be able to get one in its current state but maybe the chamber dimensions can give you an idea

Sump dimensions:20X17X13

First chamber:7"X17(consists of two compartments)

Second Second:5.75"X17

Third Chamber:6"X17

No worries ;)

Hey candy i dont have any top down of the sump and i wouldnt be able to get one in its current state but maybe the chamber dimensions can give you an idea

Sump dimensions:20X17X13

First chamber:7"X17(consists of two compartments)

Second Second:5.75"X17

Third Chamber:6"X17

No worries ;)

How did you separate the first chamber into two compartments? Was the overflow into the second compartment on top or bottom? I plan on having a skimmer in Compartment 1 but I want to have as much room as possible for Macros and etc in there.

Thanks!

How did you separate the first chamber into two compartments? Was the overflow into the second compartment on top or bottom? I plan on having a skimmer in Compartment 1 but I want to have as much room as possible for Macros and etc in there.

Thanks!

I didnt build it thats the way cadlights designed it. The overflow into the second compartment is on the bottom.

Hey Hype,

Can you take a top down shot of the reef with the pumps off? I would love to get a feel for the overall layout.

Thanks.

Sorry it came out so crappy but the reflection from the T5's is pretty overpowering. I think im going to pick up a polarizer and try again.

7015910603_ca6da5c2ff_z.jpg

I didnt build it thats the way cadlights designed it. The overflow into the second compartment is on the bottom.

Gotcha, CFL will be enough for Macros right? Its a nice little fixture just needs a new Bulb, came with a 1 gallon Pico my husband broke years ago.

You have 2 chambers with macros? But a light on only one?

nah that's an old pic I have a 16 watt floodlight over each chamber.

Gotcha, CFL will be enough for Macros right? Its a nice little fixture just needs a new Bulb, came with a 1 gallon Pico my husband broke years ago.

That should be fine although they grow much faster with stronger light...and in turn faster nutrient export.

Just a floodlight from HD? And what bulb? I can grab one of those when I get the wood next week.

I do need to get glass and silicone this weekend though as I will have the 40B on Saturday.

hey, how to you like your bubble magus?

It was a great skimmer but I've since upgraded to a SWC 120

Just a floodlight from HD? And what bulb? I can grab one of those when I get the wood next week.

I do need to get glass and silicone this weekend though as I will have the 40B on Saturday.

Yep look for a 4900 or 5000K bulb and make sure it's designed for outdoor use.

devilsadvocate
It was a great skimmer but I've since upgraded to a SWC 120

ah ok. ive got one, and a euro-reef, and im trying to decide which one to get rid off. so far the euro-reef is winning,

ah ok. ive got one, and a euro-reef, and im trying to decide which one to get rid off. so far the euro-reef is winning,

I prefer the euro-reef probably the best skimmer ive ever owned.

Archived