Cultivated Reef

Hypes Archipelago

Rehype

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the sump pic! How do you like having such a shallow tank? Also, did you ever think of LEDs?

Np. Love it one of my favorite tank builds thus far. Already had them but prefer T5's.

Sorry it came out so crappy but the reflection from the T5's is pretty overpowering. I think im going to pick up a polarizer and try again.

7015910603_ca6da5c2ff_z.jpg

Crazy picture bro. The colors look intense. Did the monti cap lighten a bit? Or is that just the light making it look lighter then it really is? Almost looks pink instead of the red/orange in your sig and from previous pictures.

Crazy picture bro. The colors look intense. Did the monti cap lighten a bit? Or is that just the light making it look lighter then it really is? Almost looks pink instead of the red/orange in your sig and from previous pictures.

Thanks man. Yea it actually started to lighten when i switched to LEDs but then i almost lost it when used too much GFO. Its just starting to recover from the STN episode it went through. Im hoping it makes a full recovery.

Tanks looking awesome hype. I have decided to go with T5's and a little led supplementation for my 120 gallon build thanks to you.

I have faith

Thanks manfingersx01.gif

Tanks looking awesome hype. I have decided to go with T5's and a little led supplementation for my 120 gallon build thanks to you.

Thanks man im glad i could make the decision easier. My LFS has the same combo over their display tank and it looks great.

Dangit! Wrong door... Well since I'm here...

Looking good up in here still!

Love those Zoe Beds Hype!

Ha!thanks for checking in anyway rtg biggrin.gif

+1

I hope yours does better than mine!

Thanks ts what happened to yours?

teamschreiba

I'm pretty sure it was because I put too much carbon is my reactor for the first time. I think it made the water just too clean and the monti was the first to feel the effect possibly also because it was directly under the halide. I'm feeding/dosing my tank every other day now with a combination of reef pearls, dried cyclopeeze, and pohl's xtra and everything is growing better than ever :happy:

I'm pretty sure it was because I put too much carbon is my reactor for the first time. I think it made the water just too clean and the monti was the first to feel the effect possibly also because it was directly under the halide. I'm feeding/dosing my tank every other day now with a combination of reef pearls, dried cyclopeeze, and pohl's xtra and everything is growing better than ever :happy:

oh thats similar to what happened to me....too much GFO coupled with the new lighting. Well im glad to hear your tank has recovered :happy:

teamschreiba
oh thats similar to what happened to me....too much GFO coupled with the new lighting. Well im glad to hear your tank has recovered :happy:

Thanks hype! Hopefully yours makes a quick recovery too!

True but not enough that requires supplemental dosing at least IME. Water changes tend to be enough to replenish whats loss in between maintenance.

Zoos

6852945492_88364c5783_c.jpg

Any idea what the zoas in the middle are called? The purple ones with the star speckle patten and green skirts? I have some and haven't been able to find them anywhere. Thanks!

Any idea what the zoas in the middle are called? The purple ones with the star speckle patten and green skirts? I have some and haven't been able to find them anywhere. Thanks!

Sorry tiggs i have no idea... i got them from mr.coral so he may have an idea what they're called.

So you had a good Mr. coral experience :o or was this when he actually sold quality pieces?

Well i bought that frag over 2 years ago. I actually bought a bunch of frags at the time, a few zoos melted but the ones that survived are doing great.

Paleoreef103
Well i bought that frag over 2 years ago. I actually bought a bunch of frags at the time, a few zoos melted but the ones that survived are doing great.

I had the same kind of experiences from him. I got a bunch of really neat Zoas, but 10% melted. The LPS has had about a 75% mortality and I've had only one piece of SPS actually survive (A piece of Red Planet).

yes they look awesome!

thanks nanotanks it's taken a bit of time for them grow but they started as 2-3 polyp frags

I had the same kind of experiences from him. I got a bunch of really neat Zoas, but 10% melted. The LPS has had about a 75% mortality and I've had only one piece of SPS actually survive (A piece of Red Planet).

All of my Lps did very well but I haven't tried ordering any sps from him

All of my Lps did very well but I haven't tried ordering any sps from him

I had 50/50 luck with my SPS. They were the first SPS in the tank so I'll accept some responsibility but the ones that are doing well are all healthy, coloring up, and have good PE.

I had 50/50 luck with my SPS. They were the first SPS in the tank so I'll accept some responsibility but the ones that are doing well are all healthy, coloring up, and have good PE.

I had 50/50 luck with SPS as well. I wouldn't do SPS again.

Archived