inTank Media Baskets

jbm's 20 long

JBM

2 koralia 1050's?!? You do realize that is 2100 gph of flow? Most people say 5x-10x the tank volume.

My dad has a 1050 in his 75g and it blew the crap out of everything. Knocked about 5 frags over. He has to aim it at the glass to reduce the flow.

I would go with 2 240's.

they are on a wave timer, so its not as bad

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
phi delt reefer

Is the 1050s blowing stuff around? I am building a peninsula tank that is 36x24x12. Thinking of putting two 1400s in there on ONE side so there is flow at the front glass and back glass. I dont want to blow sand and frags off the rock.

I was thinking about two MP10s but thats 400 dollars vs 90 for two 1400s... what do you think?

Is the 1050s blowing stuff around? I am building a peninsula tank that is 36x24x12. Thinking of putting two 1400s in there on ONE side so there is flow at the front glass and back glass. I dont want to blow sand and frags off the rock.

I was thinking about two MP10s but thats 400 dollars vs 90 for two 1400s... what do you think?

as you can see in the pic, i have them up pretty high, more so pointing up, rather than straight out or downward. When i first turned them on, there was a bit of sand storming, however this was both at the same time & not adjusted correctly. Once i set the wave maker to every 60 seconds, things smoothed out.

There was a bit of sand moving around for the first hour or so. But eventually everything settled in. Only time will tell if zoas & lps like this much flow (52x). If they dont like it i will be forced to downgrade to the 750's. Altho i remember having 3 k1's 2 k nanos & a sump in my 40 breeder, which put it in the range of 48-49x.

My 5g aio has a single maxi jet 600 in it. Nothing else for flow, this works out to 33x which is alright, i'd like more movement from my corals. But im not gonna fix what isnt broken. Everything is happy & growing nicely.

I will say this, the water surface is extremely turbulent. A small pinch of flake proves there are ZERO dead spots

Looks great. for some reason I like how it looks with that light . Just how the rocks look . Can't wait to see the real lighting . Makes me want to start mine up now LOL the Dr's tank is coming along nicely also. Did you find the netting?

That light is only 2x9w :lol:

still havent found a home for the clam, but once i do... this little 18w light is going on the pico, so i can build the real light

no open top on this one for 2 reasons.

1: "the bacteria from a sw tank can cause an infection in recent kidney tranplant recipents, if you must have a tank, put a lid on it" or so say the doctors

2: little prying hands might want to dose the tank with any of the following; apple juice, matchbox cars, sneakers, food, etc, etc, etc.

The fixture started life as a 48" t5 light. Condition of ballast & sockets is unknown. Actual fixture is mint.

Once it comes in the mail I will be able to start working on it

Wait did you say kidney transplant? Wow hope you're alright. Have fun playing with the light and if you get it right maybe I'll put you to work and make me one. LOL. Right now a have a 36inch pc on it. Ok so there's no water in the tank but the light looks good. LoL

Wait did you say kidney transplant? Wow hope you're alright. Have fun playing with the light and if you get it right maybe I'll put you to work and make me one. LOL. Right now a have a 36inch pc on it. Ok so there's no water in the tank but the light looks good. LoL

There is water in the tank. And this fixture will be awesome.

And yes, I said transplant. I gave my wife my left kidney beginning of September.

Ah that was nice of you. I was in line for my friend but she passed before it. I meant mine has no water. Darn phone. Lol. Just tank on stand and light

Wow, Mark! B) You are really clipping along :D

And yes, I said transplant. I gave my wife my left kidney beginning of September.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Beautiful. :grouphug: I hope all is well now, and nothing but good health lies ahead for you, your wife, and of course, your sweet little princess.

When the fixture is done ill have many many better pictures. Although I'm having some design issue's (in my head).

I know that one heatsink does not get hot in the open air. However I don't know if two will get warm in a fixture. So I'm torn between running fans or not in the fixture.

cycling a tank is the most boring thing ever. I wish i could just start stocking this thing.

In all reality, by thanksgiving all i will have in there is a cuc.

grrr

Archived