Top Shelf Aquatics

The 45 Gallon Decision - SPS city

phi delt reefer

At what point did you determine it was okay to add livestock? I think my tank has cycled but there isn't enough bacteria to introduce livestock yet.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
phi delt reefer
At what point did you determine it was okay to add livestock? I think my tank has cycled but there isn't enough bacteria to introduce livestock yet.

you add one fish a month - each fish you add increases the systems ability to handle a larger bio load. The biological filtration naturally increases.

start with something small like a chromis or a couple clownfish. You need to have a constant source of ammonia (ie fish poop) in the system for the bacteria to thrive/multiply.

You tank blows my mind...this is definitely one of my favorite tanks after looking through your thread. The stand - genius. The bear animal - genius. The livestock - amazing. Makes me wish I had thought more about my stand.....now im gonna have 3 stands vs one lol....

you add one fish a month - each fish you add increases the systems ability to handle a larger bio load. The biological filtration naturally increases.

start with something small like a chromis or a couple clownfish. You need to have a constant source of ammonia (ie fish poop) in the system for the bacteria to thrive/multiply.

Thanks for your help... I love the tank BTW it's like looking into the ocean!

does this apply when transferring fish from one established tank into a new one?

phi delt reefer
This is such a cool shot!

thanks yosh :happy: - as soon as i learnt the camera had a sweet burst mode i let at her. Only problem was i had to sift through 1000+ pics to find 5 good ones!

phi delt reefer

Vortechs.are out. Tunze nano wave box and nano stream 6095 powerhead ordered. New sump hasnt been built yet but im hoping for some progress next week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived