just messing with the camera and here is the final scape... I think. ;D

P1000729.jpg

P1000757.jpg

P1000751.jpg

P1000768.jpg

right island had to grow a little for future SPS;

P1000747.jpg

P1000758.jpg

fishes (chromis and two pyjama cardinals)!

P1000731.jpg

P1000740.jpg

P1000735.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
phi delt reefer

some much needed updates;

picked up;

RBTA

Mystery Wrasse

2 Darwin Clowns

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Blood Shrimp

2 Harlequin Shrimp

Yasha (died a couple days ago :'() and a pistol

tailspot blenny

Conch

30 various snails

3 Choclate Chip starfish for the Harlequins

superman chalice

pink birdsnest

red/orange digi

radioactive dragon eye zoa's + a couple random hitchhiker polyps

green and red SPS of some sort

green LPS of some sort

green and maroon favia

got a little cyno (I think creeping up). I grabbed some Chemi Pure Elite and am in the process of a lights out starting tonight. I had tried a one day lights out + siphon but that clearly didnt work, lol.

sorry guys i am not doing so well with Light Room - tanks looks more 12k (super crisp white) - doesnt look blue at all yet the camera thinks otherwise >:(

P1000820.jpg

P1000875.jpg

P1000831.jpg

P1000866.jpg

P1000858.jpg

P1000832.jpg

P1000870.jpg

P1000953.jpg

P1000840.jpg

P1000839.jpg

P1000907.jpg

MAD SCIENCE LAB

P1000917.jpg

P1000910.jpg

phi delt reefer

thanks Yosh!

I actually wanted to get one of those banner fish that's in your sig but i dont trust my lfs enough to get the right one (ie. reef safe)

thanks Yosh!

I actually wanted to get one of those banner fish that's in your sig but i dont trust my lfs enough to get the right one (ie. reef safe)

Aww :( They are really awesome (my fav fish) my LFS tends to get in more reef safe ones then not, but it's hard to tell the difference :(

Paleoreef103

Looks awesome! Dig the scape! Also, I am glad your skimmer seems to be pulling a good amount of stuff out even if the bioload is that low.

phi delt reefer
Looks awesome! Dig the scape! Also, I am glad your skimmer seems to be pulling a good amount of stuff out even if the bioload is that low.

its an awesome skimmer and for $200 its hard to beat. I just cleaned it out last night and man does that stuff stink. I had to wash my sink out with soap so the wife wouldnt know what i was up to :)

I still want to add a couple more fish (royal gramma and a purple firefish) but i've already blown through $700 in the last month on this tank so i am going to have to dial it back a bit. Its meant to be an SPS heavy tank so i should be spending money on corals - but the kids love the fish :).

I think i have beat the diatoms/cyno (dont know what it was for sure but it seems to have pretty much disappeared. (Thank you Chemi Pure Elite!) Woke up to a 4" deep sand bed in the open area in my tank but it didnt look like the sand had moved from anywhere else...wierd... :huh: I will be siphoning out a majority of that sugar grade/oolite sand and replacing it with the special grade due to the fact that this stuff just wont stop moving around and its contstantly getting into all of equipment. The sand is just taking up too much room as well. I am not looking forward to siphoning it out though :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
squirrelieygrrrl

great tank,and a fantastic set up. now your giant stand totally makes sense!

i totally remember reading this thread back when you were building the stand. you sir may just be the slowest reef builder on earth. :lol:

phi delt reefer
great tank,and a fantastic set up. now your giant stand totally makes sense!

i totally remember reading this thread back when you were building the stand. you sir may just be the slowest reef builder on earth. :lol:

lol yeah two kids, a house and a brand new car eat up too much of finances for me to just go and dump a grand here and there into the tank. Just in the process of getting everything tuned up and dialed in. Got a couple vertex uf-15 reactors coming in and possibly a couple more fish. Also ordered some nice high end sps frag that i should be picking up in a month or two. Alk swung super low recently so i am just trying to stablize it.

phi delt reefer

i'll get some up tonight when i get home - nothings changed much but the fish are fatter and bigger :)

phi delt reefer

got me a twinspot yellow hogfish, high fin goby and some awesome zoas; No pics of the high fin - dude is stealth...

P1010027.jpg

P1010019-1.jpg

P1000979.jpg

P1000986.jpg

P1000983.jpg

P1000998.jpg

P1000995.jpg

phi delt reefer

well i have officially lost my 2nd Goby - was having my coffee this morning and found the High Fin pretty much in the same spot as the Yasha when he jump a couple months ago. I even have the BRS 1/4" netting over the ENTIRE tank and even went ahead and upgraded pumps to the vortech so their wouldnt be a gap caused by the cable.

long story short - I am done with these guys. Small fish always hiding, cost a bundle and dont look that great anyways. I think they spook way to easy - the conch kept cleaning around all the places he was trying to burrow and think he may have caught off guard and zipped up to the heavens. Well hope you're happy you little b@stard!

wont be adding any more livestock to the tank - got enough fish for a 40 gallon;

2 pyjama cardinals

twinspot hogfish

mystery wrasse

tailspot blenny

2 darwin clowns

blue-green chromis

skunk cleaner shrimp

blood shrimp

2 harlequin shrimp

I dialed in my skimmer a while back to get a darker skimmate - bio load in my tank isnt high enough to really fill the cup as regularly as i want. I am getting great foam with really small bubbles but i havent had to empty the cup in over two weeks. I did replace the pump in the skimmer two weeks ago so maybe it just needs to slime up more. Cant see myself really adding any more fish (though a reef safe banner fish would be freaking awesome but there is rumors that they get to 12+ inches) for pretty much everyone in my tank is a juvenille and should be doubling if not tripling in size over the next couple of years. I will be adding some high end SPS next month and running biopellets soon - maybe the extra feeding that will along with SPS will make the skimmer work harder.

Dang it, I wish I had the width to do the dimensions of your tank instead of having to go 24" cube like I have. Your brain and mine are linked cross the border when it comes to artistic scape building! That is EXACTLY the same scape I would make if I had a wide tank! Very nice setup and things look great so far hope everything settles in well. Good luck and ill be keeping up with your progress. Feel free to do the same with mine!

Beautiful just beautiful

long story short - I am done with these guys. Small fish always hiding, cost a bundle and dont look that great anyways. I think they spook way to easy - the conch kept cleaning around all the places he was trying to burrow and think he may have caught off guard and zipped up to the heavens. Well hope you're happy you little b@stard!

Im sorry to hear that phi but you literally made me lol. Im honestly surprised i havent lost my yasha to jumping but he tends to hide in his burrow when spooked.

tank looks incredible btw that scape is just killer..

phi delt reefer
Im sorry to hear that phi but you literally made me lol. Im honestly surprised i havent lost my yasha to jumping but he tends to hide in his burrow when spooked.

tank looks incredible btw that scape is just killer..

thanks Rehype - yeah i dunno how any you keep them. I am so pissed about it. $70 gone like that on two fish... I even made sure i had plenty of burrow spots. Screw em... I wont get another one unless i have a hood over my tank and that wont be for a few years.

glad you like the scape.. heavily inspired by your tank :). Might have to add some more rock to the sump though, open is great and all but its not really biologically "friendly" in terms of bio filtration.

lol i've been gone for a whole month and haven't check NR and looking at your tank from a month ago is incredible! keep up the good work!

Archived