SaltCritters.com

30gal Tall

MarLooney

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, an update after a couple months... sorry for the wait.

i recently aquired a 90gal so it looks like i'll be leaving the nano world soon. i guess i'll always have that 10gal Tank Away From Home to work on. i offered her to upgrade to a 20 or my 30 and she said she wanted to keep the 10.

anyways... on to the pics!

i'm gonna try more non-photos in the new tank where i can get a lotta flow going in some big caves.

full tank update? i'm trying to take the tank down. i just needa get off my lazy but and set up my 90 already. :D

here's more pics...

045.jpg

the coco worm is still doing good. i heard these guys are supposed to be hard to keep. he did shed his crown once, i was really scared. it didn't come out for a long while. luckily he made a full come back and is lookin good.

What kind of digital camera are you using...you are getting pretty crisp close ups. By the way I love this tank and I'm sad that you are closing it down soon. Let me know when you start your 90...what kind of a set-up are you going to have with the 90?

David in DC

• 2 weeks later...

F***ING RIOS!

Crying-1.gif

skimmer pump burned and the tank got an OD of copper & burned rubber & plastic. as if any dose of those would be good. replaced the skimmer & did two 33% water changes the same night. inverts look shot. softies except xenia should be making a comeback. still can't find my fish. LPS seem fine. SPS barely hanging on... i won't be surprised if they're all white by tonight. feel free to ask any questions. i'll get back to ya'll soon.

What skimmer were you running, and how long did you use it? I read about this on the acan page of RC, sorry for the losses, but its a good thing the LPS is still hangin on:) I'll believe you on the Rio's now! Good luck with the tank, hopefully it will be tricked out or moved into the 90 soon.

~BH20

Arrgh! Sorry to hear about this. Get some carbon and polyfilters running asap. I had a heater explode in my big tank for no reason at all and within 1 hour all my SPS corals had bleached out. The polyfilter took on a blue tinge by the next day so there was definitely some copper in the water. The good news was all the corals and fish etc pulled though so don't give up hope on yours. I reduced my lighting period by half for 4 weeks increasing it gradually so that the stressed corals had a chance to recover without out being cooked by the halides.

I hope everything pulls through for you.

Best regards

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

BH20, i was running a CPR Bak-Pak. i should have that 90 up by late this month or early next month.

Ann, i put some carbon in there as soon as i read your post. it might've helped. the tank looks OK. whatever was dying has already died. and whatever was gonna live looks stable now. everything lost color and looks like crap, but the main thing is that they're alive. i still plan on taking it down though.

one bit of good news... i found my yasha hashe goby & randall's pistol shrimp still alive! it'd been a week since i've seen either one of 'em.

Archived