Pod Your Reef

30gal Tall

MarLooney

gHettO MeX*.*

those are great fish to keep, do you like bleenys? i had a bicolor that was so much to wach ther so funny.

whats the name of that its pretty, looks like some kind of seawip.

joe:)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm thinking about a midas blenny for my dad's tank.

that's a blueberry sea fan... a type of non-photosynthetic gorg. damn near impossible to keep... but imma do my best.

here's another pic... another non-photosynthetic gorg... my yellow one this time.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by D_Licious

Beautiful sun corals!

not "sun corals"... just sun coral. it was only one colony. that is until i added yellows and blacks to my orange. this pic is for you D_Licious. thanks for the compliment. unfortuneately the blacks are very hard to photograph. it's a nice branch with a lot of polyps.

OK i guess i was gonna have to reply to this sooner or later...

you've obviously got some sorta problem with me and i don't wanna hear it from you. Jerome you needa quit it. my tank isn't "milky." OK my first couple of pics are a little blurred but that doesn't make 'em "milky." you just wanted to talk crap about my tank. you said things about me on SD Reefs and now you're carrying it over to this site for some reason. i said in this post that i did start off running skimmerless, but that's besides the point. skimmer or not that has nothing to do with your camera being out of focus or not. aside from a couple pics from a long time ago at the start of this thread, and maybe a few with a lil algae showing, all my pics are very clear. i'm no expert with a camera but i do my best and i do my best to keep my tank looking good. most people would agree that i do a good job. please find something better to do than talk smack about my tank. and BTW i'm currently running a CPR Bak-Pak II.

thank you xcajx. if you're referring to the yellow coral next to my orange sun coral it's another sun coral. a yellow tubastrea. they're much more rare than the orange type. on the other side is a black tubastrea too. i actually have a frag of the yellow ones available right now too.

here's another pic. might give a better view.

Beautiful tank, Mar. I really like that shot of the feather duster on page 2. Excellent job, and keep up the good work :P

• 2 weeks later...
ELGORDOINAVW

DUDE IS THAT A GREEN SPONGE GROWING IN THE PIC ABOVE MY POST? sweet- Marlo when I get home I'm coming for some frags-

thanks man, it's not a green sponge. it's just algae on the rock. that acro was mounted on a piece of dead blue ridge coral, that's why there's holes.

here's some new stuff...

Steve Tyree's Limited Edition - Echinopora mammiformis

i finally got some fish. my total is up to three. i think i'm going to stick with that many unless i upgrade tanks. if i want anymore fish i'll just put 'em in my dad's tank. currently i'm housing a Stonogobiops yasha (Yasha Hashe Goby, White-Ray Shrimp Goby), Assessor flavissimus (Yellow Assessor), and this Lythrypnus zebra (Zebra Catalina Goby)

this orange sclero was doing bad for a while with plenty of cyno covering it. it's in a better spot now with good current and a zoo rock to shade it. note the zoos are closed because this shot was taken at night. i just turned the lights on for a couple minutes. i just got three yellow ones as well. they still need to be mounted.

here those same orange zoos opened up big during the day... and the softie under it closed. i like how these zoos turned out up in front. they were in the back of my tank and browned out a bit. now that they're in front they really look much better.

this is so phreakin cool! i found a cowrie on one of my new dendros. it's perfectly camoflauged to be in it. all the colors match, even the spikes fit in exact.

Archived