Top Shelf Aquatics

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man a pair!!!, I am chasing one of these ATM but a bloody pair!!. Did you look at Wetmorella Tanakai? I would kill for either personally haha. Everything you do in here is awesome,

I ordered a pair! I was hoping to find a wrasse with a little more color than the pygmy possum wrasses to add that missing shape to my tank. I ran across this pair on Diver's Den last night and had to do a lot of research in a short amount of time to make sure they were right for the tank.

Now everything in the tank is paired except the tiger blenny (clowns, helfrichis, neon gobies, candies and now pinks.) I'd love to switch out my neon gobies for a pair of sharknosed gobies.

That is awesome!!!!! They sound like the perfect wrasse to me, from everything I've researched about them.

I don't want candy basslet babies...I want pink-streaked wrasse babies ;) Can't wait to see them!!!!! I think you probably just made it 10x harder for me to find one online now :lol:

First I don't think I posted on your thread yet, but MedRed fantastic tank! I hope that my next tank gets close to as amazing.

Anyways now that I've said that, for those looking there is another pink streaked wrasse in the Diver's den right now for those looking for the fish. Just need to pick a few other things up to make the shipping worthwhile. There is a 380 dollar elegance on there with pink mouths that I think looks pretty cool. B)

Oh man a pair!!!, I am chasing one of these ATM but a bloody pair!!. Did you look at Wetmorella Tanakai? I would kill for either personally haha. Everything you do in here is awesome,

I know! I'm super excited about them. And thank you for the compliment! snag this one! http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemD...amp;ddid=164444

Congrats on the wrasses and thanks for the annotated pics with comments on placement of everything. Really informative for me :D.

Thank you and no problem!

That is awesome!!!!! They sound like the perfect wrasse to me, from everything I've researched about them.

I don't want candy basslet babies...I want pink-streaked wrasse babies ;) Can't wait to see them!!!!! I think you probably just made it 10x harder for me to find one online now :lol:

They do sound like the perfect wrasse for a nano. colorful + small + sweet temperament. Like a 6 line but without the attitude.

you and jessy-ray can fight over this one! http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemD...amp;ddid=164444

First I don't think I posted on your thread yet, but MedRed fantastic tank! I hope that my next tank gets close to as amazing.

Anyways now that I've said that, for those looking there is another pink streaked wrasse in the Diver's den right now for those looking for the fish. Just need to pick a few other things up to make the shipping worthwhile. There is a 380 dollar elegance on there with pink mouths that I think looks pretty cool. B)

thank you flampton. I hope someone can snag the pink that's been looking for one.

Time for a video?

yes. I've been too lazy to get it done. soon!

JUST DO IT GENA!! before someone else does dammit

:lol: I've changed my mind about getting one now. I still can't wait to see yours, Med!!!!!! I'll probably change my mind again :rolleyes:

awww... I should have taken pics before adding them to the QT. I can't get a good pic of one of them. The other isn't doing so hot. I thought it was dead when it arrived. It was lying on its side, motionless. It looks pretty beat up. All of the color is gone, its eyes are clouded, it's mouth has damage, and a couple of its fins are messed up. :-(. It is hanging in there at the moment. I think it will make it if it can make it through the night. The other one will come out and move around until I come up to the tank. I would reach in the tank and remove the decor to take a pic, but i don't want to stress out the beat up wrasse. fingers crossed!

Oh no!!!! Definitely don't take a photo...don't want to stress them further!!! Are they a mated pair? How does that work if the one dies, since they came as a pair (as far as a refund)? Oh...I hope it recovers for you...fingers crossed!!!!!

awww... I should have taken pics before adding them to the QT. I can't get a good pic of one of them. The other isn't doing so hot. I thought it was dead when it arrived. It was lying on its side, motionless. It looks pretty beat up. All of the color is gone, its eyes are clouded, it's mouth has damage, and a couple of its fins are messed up. :-(. It is hanging in there at the moment. I think it will make it if it can make it through the night. The other one will come out and move around until I come up to the tank. I would reach in the tank and remove the decor to take a pic, but i don't want to stress out the beat up wrasse. fingers crossed!

Wow, wonder if it got crushed in shipping? Were they packed in separate bags or together nd maybe one attacked the other? :-(

Sorry to hear that! Hope he gets better! Did u order the ones u showed the pic of? If so u got them like 10 mins before I was gonna order them lol. Saw them on my phone, went upstairs to buy them 10 mins later and they had been purchased haha. Aw well, they will look better in your tank anyway.

Oh no!!!! Definitely don't take a photo...don't want to stress them further!!! Are they a mated pair? How does that work if the one dies, since they came as a pair (as far as a refund)? Oh...I hope it recovers for you...fingers crossed!!!!!

Wow, wonder if it got crushed in shipping? Were they packed in separate bags or together nd maybe one attacked the other? :-(

I hope it pulls through the night. Good luck.

Sorry to hear that! Hope he gets better! Did u order the ones u showed the pic of? If so u got them like 10 mins before I was gonna order them lol. Saw them on my phone, went upstairs to buy them 10 mins later and they had been purchased haha. Aw well, they will look better in your tank anyway.

Hi Med

Is everything ok there? Give us some news

Cheer

He didn't make it :-(, On the other hand the other mate hides a lot but has colored up amazingly well. I may release this weekend if I see no signs of disease.

some pretty inspiring rock work to say the least

thanks for sharing

Thank you!

Awesome tank bro!

Thank you!

Nice score on the pink steaked pair. LA just listed another pair today.

I had them in my cart and *poof! they were gone. big bummer. Was just going to sell my existing one to gena and start with a new pair :-(

I had them in my cart and *poof! they were gone. big bummer. Was just going to sell my existing one to gena and start with a new pair :-(

:o

It's all my fault. I saw the pair in the DD sneak peak email and immediately contacted my brother and forced him to by them for his tank :lol: He got them today. One DOA, the other near death. They are both on their sides next to each other right now. The half alive one went to his mate to die....so sad :tears:

What are they doing, catching these guys with cyanide??? Something is very wrong here.

:o

It's all my fault. I saw the pair in the DD sneak peak email and immediately contacted my brother and forced him to by them for his tank :lol: He got them today. One DOA, the other near death. They are both on their sides next to each other right now. The half alive one went to his mate to die....so sad :tears:

What are they doing, catching these guys with cyanide??? Something is very wrong here.

:-(. One of mine arrived in great condition. The other was in really bad shape. That's a total bummer that your pair isn't going to make it :-(. The one for me that didn't make it had physical damage on a pectoral fin, it's mouth, and both eyes. I'm pretty sure it was squished in the bag during transit. Almost all of my fish are from Diver's Den. Everything arrived in perfect shape except one DOA Tanaka's pygmy wrasee, the 2nd Tanaka seemed weak, but made a recovery, and now this one pink streaked. Maybe small wrasses don't ship well.

:-(. One of mine arrived in great condition. The other was in really bad shape. That's a total bummer that your pair isn't going to make it :-(. The one for me that didn't make it had physical damage on a pectoral fin, it's mouth, and both eyes. I'm pretty sure it was squished in the bag during transit. Almost all of my fish are from Diver's Den. Everything arrived in perfect shape except one DOA Tanaka's pygmy wrasee, the 2nd Tanaka seemed weak, but made a recovery, and now this one pink streaked. Maybe small wrasses don't ship well.

I'm genas brother. Sorry I made them poof from your cart med. But on the bright side, I possibly saved you from another bummer :unsure:

Neither of mine showed any signs of physical damage. Only thing for me is Fedex was late delivering them. But I dont think they got too warm since they were insulated (I received them early afternoon). I can only guess it was stress... And I think I read somewhere that wrasse dont ship well. Sad.

Archived