Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nor_cal_nano

MedRed- just had a look at some of your new photos back around page 50-55. Absolutely stunning man. No question this would be TOTM by now if it was under 40 or whatever. In all honesty, when I was contacted, I thought CM was having me take this month because you couldn't get a writeup together in time. :lol:

PM CM amd tell him you have 20 gallons less due to water displacement from live rock and coral :P

That sucks med.. i forgot this tank was 60 gallons. Well its time for you to win it on the other site ;)

Ha ha. If it's meant to be, it will happen. If not, I'll keep enjoying and sharing my tank anyway lol. CM says, Aquariums under 40 gallons are preferred." It doesn't mean it's an impossibility, but CM may not want to open the door for tanks too much bigger than the nano limit. AJ_Tsin's tank is the only one I know of that has broken the 40 gallon barrier. It all could just be conjecture and CM is waiting for more maturity from my tank. Who knows. I wasn't even entertaining the thought until you guys "hyped" it up. lol. I think my lack of knowing how TOTM works kept me from thinking I was winning anything.

MedRed- just had a look at some of your new photos back around page 50-55. Absolutely stunning man. No question this would be TOTM by now if it was under 40 or whatever. In all honesty, when I was contacted, I thought CM was having me take this month because you couldn't get a writeup together in time. :lol:

PM CM amd tell him you have 20 gallons less due to water displacement from live rock and coral :P

nor_cal_nano, I think your tank is amazing. It's incredible what you've done with mostly natural filtration. You definitely deserve your TOTM.

I was a little skeptical about this being TOTM-type, but then I decided that it should get it. :)

Ha... well, thank you. I just noticed that I really don't have a shot on the "other" site as well. There is a special nano TOTM and the regular TOTM tanks are all 100 gallons plus and usually closer to 200 gallons plus.

my tank is a 'tween :-(

Med, we love your tank. Size doesn't matter.

:rolleyes:

Your attention to detail, thoughtful design and research into your animals alone is worthy of praise. Of course you top it off with that incredible scape. Art meets reef. I know we all hope for recognition from the forum but it isn't the reason we are on this forum, we certainly don't start a build with that in mind. Your tank is beautiful.

Med, we love your tank. Size doesn't matter.

:rolleyes:

Your attention to detail, thoughtful design and research into your animals alone is worthy of praise. Of course you top it off with that incredible scape. Art meets reef. I know we all hope for recognition from the forum but it isn't the reason we are on this forum, we certainly don't start a build with that in mind. Your tank is beautiful.

Thank you so much Kat! and you are right. Which reminds me, I need to do a water change!

Deleted User 4
That sucks med.. i forgot this tank was 60 gallons. Well its time for you to win it on the other site ;)

+1

Ha ha. If it's meant to be, it will happen. If not, I'll keep enjoying and sharing my tank anyway lol. CM says, Aquariums under 40 gallons are preferred." It doesn't mean it's an impossibility, but CM may not want to open the door for tanks too much bigger than the nano limit. AJ_Tsin's tank is the only one I know of that has broken the 40 gallon barrier. It all could just be conjecture and CM is waiting for more maturity from my tank. Who knows. I wasn't even entertaining the thought until you guys "hyped" it up. lol. I think my lack of knowing how TOTM works kept me from thinking I was winning anything.

nor_cal_nano, I think your tank is amazing. It's incredible what you've done with mostly natural filtration. You definitely deserve your TOTM.

+1

Ok Mike! I will let you know by next week when my friend and I can come by. Most likely, it will be on a Monday or Wednesday if that's fine with you ahha.

ARGHHH!!! A weeks worth of skimmate and I forgot to empty it before feeding frozen food. Skimmer overflowed and now all of that junk is back in the water! I HATE when I do that!

+1

+1

Ok Mike! I will let you know by next week when my friend and I can come by. Most likely, it will be on a Monday or Wednesday if that's fine with you ahha.

Monday works best. I have a big meeting on Wednesday

bluebastion
Ha... well, thank you. I just noticed that I really don't have a shot on the "other" site as well. There is a special nano TOTM and the regular TOTM tanks are all 100 gallons plus and usually closer to 200 gallons plus.

my tank is a 'tween :-(

Actually, Reef Central has had 1 nano tank as the "real" TOTM a few years ago. I don't think they stick to 100+ all the time. I'd vote for you.

Anybody know where I can get a replacement hinge for my glass top? I snapped one of them :-(. A clear hinge would be preferable.

Actually, Reef Central has had 1 nano tank as the "real" TOTM a few years ago. I don't think they stick to 100+ all the time. I'd vote for you.

Well thank you! Maybe one day...

Anybody know where I can get a replacement hinge for my glass top? I snapped one of them :-(. A clear hinge would be preferable.

Any LFS should be able to order you one. Just measure the length you need and have them order one for the standard tank size that corresponds to your tank width.

Jacob042426
No worries. the current TOTM is definitely deserving. I think there has only been one TOTM over 40 gallons and it was 47 gallons.

not true, there are 8 tanks with a 40+ dt that won totm. (40b is actually around 45 gallons)

Any LFS should be able to order you one. Just measure the length you need and have them order one for the standard tank size that corresponds to your tank width.

Good idea! Thanks!

Medred go to my 20" NEP FS thread and tell people they need to buy that sh*t and get rid of their leds! lol

LOL!

your tank make me :happy:

+1

Aww... thank you guys!

not true, there are 8 tanks with a 40+ dt that won totm. (40b is actually around 45 gallons)

Didn't realize that. Well if it is to be, it will happen one day.

Well, I did a water change last night and forgot to put the lid back on... you know where this is going. I've NEVER forgotten to put the lid on my tank before going to bed. I'm so upset with myself. I let my little guy down :-(. He was my favorite fish in the tank. I have no desire to get a new one. He can't be replaced. His personality was unlike any fish I've ever had. :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: This sucks soooooooooo bad! I just can't freaking believe this.

t89944.jpg

MasterMind9
Well, I did a water change last night and forgot to put the lid back on... you know where this is going. I've NEVER forgotten to put the lid on my tank before going to bed. I'm so upset with myself. I let my little guy down :-(. He was my favorite fish in the tank. I have no desire to get a new one. He can't be replaced. His personality was unlike any fish I've ever had. :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: This sucks soooooooooo bad! I just can't freaking believe this.

t89944.jpg

I ever faced this kinda situation too. My belove mistery wrasse, still not buy a new one too. I truely understand what do you feel when our belove fish die by our stupid mistake, so suck.

Thank you for your condolences. I'm so bummed. this is going to be a very crappyy weekend. :-( BSJ's aren't the easiest fish to keep and my little guy was certainly a success story. Irresponsibility on my part left him to suffer through the night until he dried up. I feel so bad.

Deleted User 4
Thank you for your condolences. I'm so bummed. this is going to be a very crappyy weekend. :-( BSJ's aren't the easiest fish to keep and my little guy was certainly a success story. Irresponsibility on my part left him to suffer through the night until he dried up. I feel so bad.

+1, Yeah it happens. :(

Archived