inTank Media Baskets

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

Deleted User 4

Oh I meant as in pictures ahah, BUT I would be even more amazed to see your tank in person!!! Not only would I be able to set my eyes on a pair of candy basslets which I've never seen in person, I would also be able see how your filtration works. What city are you in again? I'm in 91745. Hope you're not too far because then I wouldn't come aahah

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I meant as in pictures ahah, BUT I would be even more amazed to see your tank in person!!! Not only would I be able to set my eyes on a pair of candy basslets which I've never seen in person, I would also be able see how your filtration works. What city are you in again? I'm in 91745. Hope you're not too far because then I wouldn't come aahah

Hey IIX.I've been out of town. Sending you a pm.

Speaking of out of town, I came home to the digital thermostat on the central AC reset to its original settings and an 85.9 degree tank. WTF!??

teamschreiba

Speaking of out of town, I came home to the digital thermostat on the central AC reset to its original settings and an 85.9 degree tank. WTF!??

Woah! Did everything do okay?

When the windows were opened in my house I noticed my tank got up to around 83 a few times but it didn't have any quick noticeable effects. However that was my excuse for getting a controller :P I hope yours managed okay too!

Woah! Did everything do okay?

When the windows were opened in my house I noticed my tank got up to around 83 a few times but it didn't have any quick noticeable effects. However that was my excuse for getting a controller :P I hope yours managed okay too!

I hope all is ok, I haven't really looked over the tank yet. It's been a rough day of travel. I should probably just cough up for a chiller.

teamschreiba
I hope all is ok, I haven't really looked over the tank yet. It's been a rough day of travel. I should probably just cough up for a chiller.

Yeah I understand that. I've been really lucky I haven't had to buy a chiller yet. Good luck though!

Forgot to mention... one of my vortechs had fallen off and dry side was on the floor. How many days ago had that happened? Why does this stuff happen when I'm out of town? Murphy's law is a mother!

Talk about bad luck. Do you fasten the MP's with that fastener sticky thing that comes with? Looks like crap but I fastened mine, just in case. Better luck!

Deleted User 4

Ohhh Man, I hope everything is ok.... Dammn right when your tank reached its high peak...srsly that is pretty lame.

Yeah, it's fine. No rush, you should check your tank right away if I were you..

Forgot to mention... one of my vortechs had fallen off and dry side was on the floor. How many days ago had that happened? Why does this stuff happen when I'm out of town? Murphy's law is a mother!

How the hell did this happen??? I thought it was magnetic...

Yeah, summer is coming soon. And you're running on metal hallides with t5s right?? For sure that's going to heat up the tank. I thought you had a chiller before..hmm could've sworn you had a chiller back then.

Talk about bad luck. Do you fasten the MP's with that fastener sticky thing that comes with? Looks like crap but I fastened mine, just in case. Better luck!

I know! I was just like... seriously? -__- I can't bear to put those sticky things on my glass. I just can't do it!

Ohhh Man, I hope everything is ok.... Dammn right when your tank reached its high peak...srsly that is pretty lame.

Yeah, it's fine. No rush, you should check your tank right away if I were you..

How the hell did this happen??? I thought it was magnetic...

Yeah, summer is coming soon. And you're running on metal hallides with t5s right?? For sure that's going to heat up the tank. I thought you had a chiller before..hmm could've sworn you had a chiller back then.

It seems like the mp10's are at the limit of their magnetic power on my tank thickness. If I set them the first time... it's a 50% chance that they'll hold. It seems that the ramping up and down (especially for pulse type settings) causes the dry side to twist relative to wet side... eventually coming apart if not set perfectly.

I've never had a chiller before. Everything is fine as long as the AC is running. Every now and then my digital thermostat either freezes up or resets itself. Both scenarios are bad. A chiller may be an expensive, but necessary fail safe.

Deleted User 4

Ohh I see about the mp10, damnn wish their magnetic segments were stronger...O yeah I remember now, you always had an ac running ahhaha. Definitely noo need for a chiller..

Hey Red Sorry to hear about the problems you've come back to. Any damage or ill effects??. Are you up for TOTM?? because I'm now going to find the thread and vote for you. God i love your tank would be a shame if these hiccups while you were away were to set you back any.

Hey mike!!

I sent you a pm about meeting up possibly with a ex-reef hobbyist friend of mine as well!!

Replied!

Hey Red Sorry to hear about the problems you've come back to. Any damage or ill effects??. Are you up for TOTM?? because I'm now going to find the thread and vote for you. God i love your tank would be a shame if these hiccups while you were away were to set you back any.

Hey Jessy-Ray! So far, no ill effects. This tank has been very resilient. I have to get my thermostat fixed, because it keeps freezing or resetting itself. Luckily I've been home to catch it! Thanks for the kind words and compliments!

bluebastion

Med,

Replacing the thermostat would be the cheapest and easiest fix. It's pretty much plug and play with the wiring (as long as where you live has modern wiring). I'd go that route first....

I recommend a Honeywell unit.

Med,

Replacing the thermostat would be the cheapest and easiest fix. It's pretty much plug and play with the wiring (as long as where you live has modern wiring). I'd go that route first....

Good recommendation. My place is 3 years old, so the wiring should be modern. I kind of want one of these anyway.

http://www.nest.com/living-with-nest/

365_day_8_image_5.jpg

eddiecorrea
Good recommendation. My place is 3 years old, so the wiring should be modern. I kind of want one of these anyway.

http://www.nest.com/living-with-nest/

365_day_8_image_5.jpg

Those things are awesome. Amazing technology in something that has traditionally been sooooo simple.

Those things are awesome. Amazing technology in something that has traditionally been sooooo simple.

I know, right! my current thermostat has 12 temp settings (6 for weekdays and 6 for weekends) that I can set throughout the day. Because it needs to be reset so often, I just make them all the same. It'd be great to have one that actually works.

Med,

i have to agree. only cus my father in law is a lead developer for honeywell :P

Archived