ReefCleaners.org

MedRed's 60 Gal Solana XL: The End of an Era

MedRed

is this tank TOTM yet ? ! ? So colorful and uniqe twin towers rocescape :bowdown:

Aw, thanks MasterMind9! There are actually 3 towers!

i have to agree. only cus my father in law is a lead developer for honeywell :P

I'll look into one of those as well. My thermostat is a Braeburn. Never heard of it before I looked.

My Gawd, you getting that??? :bowdown:

Checking into it right now.

Very amazing tank!

Thank you!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bluebastion

I suggested Honeywell since it is in my experience a very reliable brand and I've had a commercial installer also recommend the same.

However, if you are interested in something like the Nest, I'd like to even expand your horizon even more... check out:

Smarthome.com or Homeseer.com

That is, if you're interested in automating your home. The latter will give you an option for voice commands.

Deleted User 4
Home from a late night movie, thermostat froze again. Tank 82.4º. Annoying!

+2 annoying of the annoyance.

Hi MedRed,

Your tank is truly beautiful and inspiring.

I stumbled on your build while doing a search for AI vs. Radion vs. T5 and I just spent the last couple of days reading through this entire thread. I feel like I've learned so much, and I wanted to say thanks for sharing the whole process.

I seem to have missed when you added the Elegance, and I was wondering if it's aggressive at all?

Bottom-up shot? Lol

lmao!

I suggested Honeywell since it is in my experience a very reliable brand and I've had a commercial installer also recommend the same.

However, if you are interested in something like the Nest, I'd like to even expand your horizon even more... check out:

Smarthome.com or Homeseer.com

That is, if you're interested in automating your home. The latter will give you an option for voice commands.

That seems like a major undertaking. The more time I spend looking at this, the more I'm considering going all the way!

+2 annoying of the annoyance.

Dats no good :(

Going to Home Depot today to get a honeywell and figure out what I'm going to do about a smart thermostat later.

Hi MedRed,

Your tank is truly beautiful and inspiring.

I stumbled on your build while doing a search for AI vs. Radion vs. T5 and I just spent the last couple of days reading through this entire thread. I feel like I've learned so much, and I wanted to say thanks for sharing the whole process.

I seem to have missed when you added the Elegance, and I was wondering if it's aggressive at all?

Thank you so much pbjelly! I'm glad that my thread has been helpful for you. I added the Elegance 2-3 months ago. So far it's not been aggressive. None of the body touches the sand rock although a few tentacles touch some zoas. It hasn't killed them... yet. I was trying to find something that my clowns would host. They've snubbed everything with tentacles in the tank :-(

Deleted User 4

Hey mike, I might be able to come by next next week!!! Probably on a monday or wednesday, is that fine with you? My friend is coming along with me as well. :)

May I put in a request for a 360degree video in HD?

I'm trying to get my professional photographer buddy to come over and shoot my tank. He owes me!

I might be able to come by next next week!!! Probably on a monday or wednesday, is that fine with you? My friend is coming along with me as well. :)

Sounds great!

Deleted User 4

Awesome....btw, I just realized that you don't have a single scoly in your tank... ahahaha Are you a scoly hater? lololol either way your tank is the best, but just curious ahah.

Awesome....btw, I just realized that you don't have a single scoly in your tank... ahahaha Are you a scoly hater? lololol either way your tank is the best, but just curious ahah.

I'm a scoly hater. I'm just not down with the scoly craze, plus I don't like things on the sand.

THIS!!!! Oh yea!

ha ha... working on it!

Deleted User 4
I'm a scoly hater. I'm just not down with the scoly craze, plus I don't like things on the sand.

ha ha... working on it!

ahhhh haaaa I guessed it right!!! hmmm I seee, that's really unique of you ahah.

Future TOTM mañana! omgomgomg

I don't know how TOTM works. Don't give me a sleepless night!

geez, this tank is absolutely spectacular. Quite possibly my favorite tank on NR

Thank you so much!

ahhhh haaaa I guessed it right!!! hmmm I seee, that's really unique of you ahah.

:lol:

This tank has really filled in nicely. Early congrats cuz no competition.

Thanks SFT! I really don't know how it works. It'd be an amazing honor, but I'm flattered just by the compliments.

Awww, I guess they don't allow over40g tanks to be totm... I thought rehype's tank was over 40?

No worries. the current TOTM is definitely deserving. I think there has only been one TOTM over 40 gallons and it was 47 gallons.

your tank is awesome. whoa im jealous.

Thank you northeastern!

I think CM just goes by display tank volume. Sumps, refugiums, reactors etc. are excluded. Sumps alone would push a lot of tanks beyond the nano definition. This would be a site of picos and AIO's!

Archived