SaltCritters.com

LED Aesthetics: What do you really think of your color?

Machupicchu

Dave,

Just saw your nano box teaser on Facebook (yes, that makes all 1 view on youtube, me). Anyone who wants to see the most insane teaser of any LED coming to the market-

Epileptic warning! Looks pretty good man I'm assuming this is a 'storm' simulation of sorts

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need some help guys.

im going to be getting the parts for my led build from aquastyle. i talked with the guy who had the setup before me and he said he ran 24 leds in the hood.

i was looking at getting the 36 led kit and using some leftovers on my 25g cube(18x18x18) that is currently running a par30 bulb on it.

would 24 leds be good for the red sea max? im only keeping lps and softies:

gsp

shrooms

frogspawn

hammer

torch

toadstool

pulsing xenia

also i want a good mix of colors.

royal blue

blue

red

pink

uv(violet)

green(ordering from another place as they dont have them)

Any I should nix? Or add?

can anyone recommend a good mix/number of each color?

im running a 3b/2w par bulb over my other tank and love the color.

i just want good growth out of my corals.

Thanks a billion!

also i want a good mix of colors.

royal blue

blue

red

pink

uv(violet)

green(ordering from another place as they dont have them)

Any I should nix? Or add?

Take a look at my sump light for a mixture

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=287534

Coral growth will come when you upgrade to LED's.. I have 18x 10k, 2uv, 20 RB on my dt.. but thats just a good looking color popper.. If your looking for true accurate..

Although this may seem more purple than it appears here is an output of this combo about 5 feet away on a white ceiling

IMAG0393.jpg

Here it is over the sump with chaeto

chaeto.png

And up close on that frag

action.png

The frag is a lot 'greener' under the dt led's than in the sump - I sitll have to play around and get other color frags down there.

Thanks for the pics. Any chance I can see a pic of the DT?

I have will be keeping a lot of neon green and purple and want pop. Just not so much pop that the sand is no longer white and looks purple...lol

Or the corals to look like a biohazard...lol!

I have will be keeping a lot of neon green and purple and want pop. Just not so much pop that the sand is no longer white and looks purple...lol

sent ya a pm - dont really wanna clutter this thread up w/ pics that are on my build thread and else where - :)

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

To get most greens to pop you just need True Violet + Royal Blue.

phi delt reefer

Dave 'One man army' Fason- i just want to commend you on the awesome work you are doing with LEDS.

. Its amazing how one person in their spare time (while working a full time job) is able to push LED lighting technology further than VERTEX, AI, ECOTECH and others who have dedicated employees and large production budgets.

keep up the good work and never stop with the updates.

Thanks bud. Everyone can come check me out or meet me at Reefstock next year. I will be out there showing off the goods. I hope to meet some people!

-Dave

Thanks bud. Everyone can come check me out or meet me at Reefstock next year. I will be out there showing off the goods. I hope to meet some people!

-Dave

Any software previews yet?

Just a note that I got my D5 XR-E Royals from Hero, but they are only slightly different in color from the latest XP-E Royals I got from RapidLED. At most there's maybe 5nm difference in color, and you have to strain just to see that.

I'd really like to see what a 10nm blue spread looks like, but 465nm LEDs look like they are really going to be elusive.

Like I said.... America DJ and Chauvet's lighting division need to get into the reeflighting business if craptacular features like that are actually in demand.

To get most greens to pop you just need True Violet + Royal Blue.

1-7.jpg

yup heres my sunset shot with just 10 tv at 700mA and 2 rb at 350mA. and yes my coraline actually looks that bright in person lol.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
1-7.jpg

yup heres my sunset shot with just 10 tv at 700mA and 2 rb at 350mA. and yes my coraline actually looks that bright in person lol.

Wow that looks nice. I can never get a good picture with my camera to show people.

i could do better but i didn't have a tripod handy. i'll see if i can get you a better shot in the next few days.

check out my 40br thread its got a few more shots. this one is deffinately my favorite so far.

i have a question...not sure if this was asked/discussed in this thread or not....

but white light.... doesn't it have a full visible color spectrum (ROYGBIV)?

Wow that looks nice. I can never get a good picture with my camera to show people.

Milad-

Do you know how to set white balance? Once I figured that out, the accuracy of colors in my pics went up 100 fold. The trick I use is set white balance to the sand (or anything close to white in the tank) with daylight LEDs on, then switch to actinics and shoot away. I'm not sure if this would work in everyone's case... I don't have additional colors to try it out with (yet).

These are shot as jpeg files, no tripod... White balance set to BoostLED's 135 fixtures all on (Edison RB, CW, UV)... Then shot under just RB and UV. Not sure of the ratio of LEDs off the top of my head...

094.JPG

089.JPG

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Milad-

Do you know how to set white balance? Once I figured that out, the accuracy of colors in my pics went up 100 fold. The trick I use is set white balance to the sand (or anything close to white in the tank) with daylight LEDs on, then switch to actinics and shoot away. I'm not sure if this would work in everyone's case... I don't have additional colors to try it out with (yet).

Ill give this a try. So adjust white balance to make the sand look white then switch lights I want on, and take pics? Nothing else? No switching to raw or anything like that?

Archived