inTank Media Baskets

ADA 45-P Macro Algae Tank MAME OVERFLOW pics on pg4

mastahluong

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

That mame overflow is gangsta!

I recently got one and I don't even want to set it up!

Just leave it in the box to look at. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
mastahluong

Sorry for the lack of updates guys... I've been busy with our new addition to the family. Meet my daughter, Emma!

I'll get a crackin on finishing up the tank very soon. Thanks for everyone's patience!

• 1 month later...
mastahluong

Alright, update time. So the tank is wet and the dry rock is cycling... slowly. Here are some pictures of the tank in it's current state. With the par 38 it's a lot bluer in person but I've got the custom white balance set. Click on the pictures for full size.

th__MG_1617.jpg th__MG_1615.jpg th__MG_1613.jpg th__MG_1616.jpg th__MG_1612.jpg

really need to find a light clip like that....Is there a certain name for that kind of clip? and does that specific one fit on a tank with a plastic rim, or is it made for purely rimless? What optics are on that buld? Sorry for all the questions!

Nice set up, I too look forward to seeing it progress!

mastahluong
really need to find a light clip like that....Is there a certain name for that kind of clip? and does that specific one fit on a tank with a plastic rim, or is it made for purely rimless? What optics are on that buld? Sorry for all the questions!

Nice set up, I too look forward to seeing it progress!

Hey there lazaah, the lamp holder is a "LED Neo Arm" fixture. It was sold by aquatouch but it is no longer listed. I'm not sure where you can get them now. The fixture is only for rimless fixtures. In my par38 bulb I'm running 60 deg optics. It's got some nice coverage for only being one bulb.

• 2 weeks later...

You should cross-check marcandstaci's IP address to see if they are identical in each post. Maybe their account got hacked or something?

mastahluong

Not too much is going on, I'm trying to cycle the tank right now. it's only been 16 days since it's gotten wet. I did go ahead and just throw in some macro in the fuge area though. Here are some pics, click for larger image:

Inside the stand:

th_IMG_1919.jpg

Front shot of fuge area:

th_IMG_1920.jpg

Top angle shot of fuge:

th__MG_1924.jpg

You blasted tease. 3 pics thats all we get from this master piece. more Or we take your tank!

mastahluong

I swear there is nothing much new going on! :happy: Besides some film algae on the tank thats about it.... if you really want some pictures of that I will oblige :lol:

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I have my sump coming along, my stand will be here any day and my dry rock is "curing". I know it wasn't necessary but I wanted to do some type of moon lighting that would sleek with how my lighting is setup currently. So I choose to go with:

31Bm1w47GnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The reason why I got this is so I can clip it to one of the par 38 heatsink fins. Hopefully it will work correctly Most of the moonlighting solutions I've looking into either wouldn't look right with my setup or were just awful looking. Not unless anyone can suggest something that will work and look good?

Besides all that not much else, things are going to take longer to get going. some may not know but aquatouch sent out an email saying that the mame overflow would be delayed. Supposedly it won't ship from Japan until December so I'll possibly have it in hand around the new year.

-Kev

Hey, did this moonlight work out for you? got pictures?

• Like 1

Archived