Coral Vue Hydros

ADA 45-P Macro Algae Tank MAME OVERFLOW pics on pg4

mastahluong

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we have the spam here.... anyone got any eggs?

not much is new, just waiting for the mame overflow so I can get fully setup. I've been thinking about doing a small acan garden on the sand bed and a few sps like red planet and setosa up high on the rocks. I did pick up that nemastoma from got2envy. I'll post picks of it up tonight.

Here's the nemastoma pics I promised. Got2envy did a great job shipping them too me. So M if your reading this, your the best!

The pictures aren't the best but nonetheless here they are, Click for larger pic.

Full spectrum shot:

th__MG_1141.jpg

Actinic lights:

th__MG_1147.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have my sump coming along, my stand will be here any day and my dry rock is "curing". I know it wasn't necessary but I wanted to do some type of moon lighting that would sleek with how my lighting is setup currently. So I choose to go with:

31Bm1w47GnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The reason why I got this is so I can clip it to one of the par 38 heatsink fins. Hopefully it will work correctly Most of the moonlighting solutions I've looking into either wouldn't look right with my setup or were just awful looking. Not unless anyone can suggest something that will work and look good?

Besides all that not much else, things are going to take longer to get going. some may not know but aquatouch sent out an email saying that the mame overflow would be delayed. Supposedly it won't ship from Japan until December so I'll possibly have it in hand around the new year.

-Kev

• 2 months later...

I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! it's driving me insane, every time I go on the macro thread theres this beautiful equipment list!!!

WE DEMAND PICS

LOL, whats the matter guys?!? can't wait? alright alright.... Pics are coming tonight, I promise. The tank is still not wet yet but I'll post pics of what I got so far, give me a little to get them up.

Stay Tuned!

Well here they are guys! No rock is in the tank at the moment as well, I've got them sitting in a 5 gallon bucket with water. I'm still not exactly sure what I should do for moonlights. What I was going to setup just doesn't look very sleek like the rest of the setup. You guys have any idea's for me?

Click on the pics/thumbnails for larger images:

th_IMG_1184.jpgth__MG_1178.jpgth_IMG_1181.jpgth_IMG_1183.jpgth_IMG_1189.jpgth_IMG_1187.jpg

th_IMG_1169.jpgth_IMG_1166.jpg

That more like it Masta! Thanks for the updates... Take your time and make it perfect...

Also... Is that where you plan on having the MO?

I'm running mine on the side... My plan for my ADA build is to have it viewable from the front and back... It will sit behind my couch which sits in the middle of my living room...

:subscribed: ;)

Moral of this story is....I have GOT to get that mame. That thing is so little! And so awesome!

I know this has been covered but I can't find it...what's the GPH rating on that sucker?

This tank is going to be great I love your equipment list.

Moral of this story is....I have GOT to get that mame. That thing is so little! And so awesome!

I know this has been covered but I can't find it...what's the GPH rating on that sucker?

This is quoted from reefbuilders website: "This nano overflow is rated for flowrates from 90-180 gph/360-720 lph" here is the link to said article: Reefbuilders.com

The ehiem pump that I'm going to run will have ~4ft height to pump. At that height it should have 165 gph.

This is quoted from reefbuilders website: "This nano overflow is rated for flowrates from 90-180 gph/360-720 lph" here is the link to said article: Reefbuilders.com

The ehiem pump that I'm going to run will have ~4ft height to pump. At that height it should have 165 gph.

The 1048 or the 1250?

I ask because I just ordered a 1250 on Monday for a closed loop I'm doing and if the mame becomes readily available I'm going to buy one and setup a sump.

The 1048 or the 1250?

I ask because I just ordered a 1250 on Monday for a closed loop I'm doing and if the mame becomes readily available I'm going to buy one and setup a sump.

I'm going with the 1250 only because I've got 4ft from sump to overflow.

the most confusing looking piece of reef equipment ever....BUT I LOVE IT!!! hahhhahahah

I know right!

That more like it Masta! Thanks for the updates... Take your time and make it perfect...

Also... Is that where you plan on having the MO?

I'm running mine on the side... My plan for my ADA build is to have it viewable from the front and back... It will sit behind my couch which sits in the middle of my living room...

:subscribed: ;)

Yes, I plan to have the overflow on the back left and the mp10 on the right side of the tank. I think the drain will be best central to both flows. I'm subscribed to your tank thread as well. :D

I know it's not available anymore but get yourself in for a pre-order if possible. Its definitely worth the wait. This tank build has been in the works for well over half a year now.

that is one sick equipment list! I can't wait until this is wet :happydance:omgomgomg

YUP all I need now is an automated robot to do my water changes! :lol:

GORGEOUS

If you love the pictures just try and imagine it in person then :happy:

Thanks for everyone's kind words and encouragement. If it wasn't for this site I would be lost!

Archived