Innovative Marine Aquariums

my new planted macro tank!

briansbelle

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your macros u sent me are looking fantastic belle!

my hermits and snails seem to like the ochtodes tho...maybe that's why it keeps disappearing in my tank...i thought it was being out competed, but last night there were a bunch of baby snails all over it when the lights were out <_<

they also ate this cool scroll algae John sent me :(

• 1 month later...

The tank is doing well. Sorry for lack of updates it been crazy around here..my truck has been in the shop for 2 weeks and they can't figure out what is wrong with it.

Maria, the scroll I got from you dissappeared too, more then likely snails, I don't have any hermits in this tank. My ochtodes isn't growing as fast as it used to in this tank, I has all kinds of hermits and snails in my 40 before I took it down and they didn't bother it in there...maybe you have the odd hermits. ;)

I will try to take some pics of both tanks this weekend and get them posted up here.

omgomgomg you have a life. how could you. this is just unacceptable. the purpose of you life is to entertain us with your tank. well really with our tank. come now you slacker post ever 20 min & entertain us.

:P

sorry to hear about the truck, car problems like that simply suck. no rush on pic's & stuff. just wanted to check in & see if you still alive. yeah alive.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys! Once again sorry for lack of pics.. my truck has now been in the shop a month...I finally broke down and had it towed to the dealer..it went from a $400 job to a $1500 job in a day! :angry: so I'm in the process of taking down the planted macro tank.....

I've moved most of my corals and some rocks over to my 28 gallon..it looks a lot better now..nice and full.

I have sold the mandarin,the yellow clown goby, and firefish from the 20 long..moved my pom pom crab, and emerald crab over to the 28 gallon.

I still have the 6 sexy shrimp and my porcelain crab and some shrooms and a couple zoas in the 20 long until I pick up my new tank. I'm going to keep the corals and only inverts in the new tank.

Here are some specs of the tank:

Its a custom made GEO acrylic tank...7 gallons :)

Has canopy with 2 13w pcs

And a little stand type deal with it.

A mj 1200 closed loop

Oh it will still have macros in it. :)

I'm super excited to get it tonite and get it setup...using 10lbs of very live rock,live sand from my tank, and old water will I have a cycle?

wow your right about it being full. it going to look great as it naturalizes.

I'm so sorry to hear about the truck, that just sucks.

Archived