Innovative Marine Aquariums

my new planted macro tank!

briansbelle

briansbelle

Am so excited about this tank, and the cool little crawlies :)

do you think it would be ok to dose the tank with seachem reef plus? I have some on the way for my 40 gallon and figure it might help the inverts when they molt.

And i may add some zoas and shrooms to the tank :) i have a few i can spare lol i figure since there wont be a mantis then my corals should be ok lol

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful looking tank. Don't know if the carbon you plan on running will be of any help for the "film" on the surface. That prolly just due to the lack of surface agitation. Try aiming your PH up a little to create a ripple. Spiffy tank.

briansbelle
I recommend adding a bunch of mushrooms. It's kay if they take over this tank lol. They work perfectly with macros.

I only have a rock with 4 on it right now. They are blue and awesome! I may have a single red and gold colored one. The good part is i got the rock not that long ago and it was 1 shroom now 4 so they should love the macro tank :)

Beautiful looking tank. Don't know if the carbon you plan on running will be of any help for the "film" on the surface. That prolly just due to the lack of surface agitation. Try aiming your PH up a little to create a ripple. Spiffy tank.

Thanks! I have a k1 in there pointed right at the surface i get plenty of ripple so not sure whats going on. I believe it came from the damn sand.

Also anyone have any ideas for an ATO for this tank? Having one on my 40b has got me spoiled lol

briansbelle

Thanks!

What causes some of the macros tips to become clear? I am thinking its because there is only one crab in there till weds. Anything i can do to stop it, or should i jus wait till i get fish in there?

briansbelle

Thanks a bunch adrianbrice, your tank looks awesome too!!!

I moved some zoa frags, some shrooms and a birdsnest frag over to this tank.

The birdsnest i believe is bleached from my t5s so hoping putting it on the sand in the planted tank will help it, cant hurt. Keeping it in the 40 would more than likely kill it.

just got some unsettling info...seems my package is going about 150 miles from my house...they put my zip code wrong and now its off to somewhere other than the city i live in :eek::(

i sent them a message to let them know my zip was wrong...its right on my paypal account and also in my account info on their site so maybe they put in the wrong zip...

hopefully they can switch it so i will still get my fish and inverts tomorrow..if not i may not get them until thurs. but hopefully they will be ok...if not they have a alive arrive guarantee and a 14 day guarantee...

i am so upset right now..im going to call them first thing in the morning...

ok vent over lol!

I hope so too AM! I am callinv them as soon as i wake up. Maybe they can change the address. If not hopefully since i let them know as soon as i know they will try to fix it.

Called ups and i cant do anything only the shipper can.

Yeah for sure. I tried calling as soon as i got the tracking info but they were closed. Just gotta wait till the morning ugh! I hate this. :(

Sorry to hear about the package :( On the bright side, at least you're dealing with a full fledged company so I'm sure they'll handle it for you. Stinks for the little critters though....

Keep us posted.

Woke up this morning and checked the tracking, and ups fixed the zipcode!!! My little ones are going to be here at my house today. Yay!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

i am going to call reefs2go once they open at 10am and let them know.

I am so relieved right now.

Yeah, i was freaked out last nite. I have a pom pom crab, 2 porcelains, 4 sexy shrimp,a fire fish and a yellow clown goby. I was really worried about the inverts, that they wouldnt handle the extra day if we didnt get this fixed. But yay! Theyll be here soon!

Awesome! I believe i may have found my new fav place. Their customer service is top notch. Shawn is very helpful. I will post pics once they get here and i acclimate them for 2 hours.

K so ups has me so confused. It says out for delivery but yet it says rescheduled delivery date is tomorrow, so im hoping they come today. Talked with shawn at reefs2go and hes going to see what he can do on his end, and i have been keeping him posted every step of the way. He said hes confident that they will be fine if i have to wait till tomorrow.

And one of the sexy shrimp didnt meet their health requirement so only 3 are being shipped and i have a 10 store credit.

I just want the little bugs here! Lol safe and sound in their tank :/

Maria or anyone else that uses reef plus. Do you turn you skimmer off? Will the skimmer pull out the stuff before the corals get it?

My skimmer is producing a little more foam than normal after adding the recommended dose.

Thanks!

Archived